Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 without USIT/SAY IT

Options
  • 21-12-2015 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi, I am planning the J1 however I don't want the hassle of securing a job before I travel, so I want a walk in visa similar to TravelBugs however they have no places left on this program. So what I a seeking is advice from someone who has previously arranged their J1 summer without an agency, what sponsor did you use and how do I go about securing one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Dublin991

You won't get round the job requirement as the embassy now interviews all applicants and you will have to show proof by time of the interview.

There are loads of sponsors. Just look at the list the state department has approved. Contact a few off the list and you can secure the necessary documents. Much cheaper than going via the agencies in Ireland who make their own rules.

That's actually not true. Travel Bug were offering a walk in visa however they have no places left on that program, it was also quite expensive.

The new "Rules" are not laws they were introduced my Sayit and USIT and their US counterparts Interexchange and CIEE. It also only applies to Irish Students.

So what I am trying to figure is if anyone on here has previously secured their own J1 via a US sponsor at an affordable price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Dublin991

Yeah basically they work with American company's who sponsor the students for the j1 visa, and they all agreed on this new "Rule".

They are very manipulating about the whole thing but by saying new "rule" implying that it's a law they never state that it's not a law.

Advertisement