Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from three (bill) to tesco (prepay) (free)

Options
  • 21-12-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi
    I recently moved from three billpay (40 euros a month), to tesco prepay (free :) ), just want to share my experience,

why i imoved,
    1-i was on 350 flexi unit, i was only using 100-200 units per months, and paying 40-45 euros, which was bit excessive for my use,
    2- i was sick of three sneaky tricks to charge you for voice mail no,,
    3- did not want to sign up to another 24 month contract,

after going through alot of hassle (http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057492060) to end my contract after 2 yrs was completed, went to tesco got a new sim card for 5 euro, called tesco on my last day with three,gave them new simcard no and my no was transfered in 1-2 hrs to tesco,

how do i get free top up,
    i hv tesco credit card, i get 5 euros in tesco points (for shopping in tesco + credit card use) , for every 5 euro in points gives you 15 euro topup for tesco prepay. for 15 euro topup every month, i get unlimited mint to any network, and also keep my 15 euros, which i use for 5gb data addon (cost 10 euros) and remaining 5 euros for text etc,

tesco coverage,
    surprisingly its far better than three,their are few parts of dublin where three coverage was poor (purticularly on chapelizard bypass and some other part of my office in dublin 2). so almost two month with tesco and no complain at all,

regarding phone, i bought simfree LG G3 online for 330 euros,
    so in short, no bill no contract, no hassle to unlock phone,,

cost comparision,

three= 40euros*24 month=960 euros +cost of phone 50 to150 =1010 to 1110:eek:
    tesco=0*24 months=0 euro +mobile phone cost 350=350 (simfree, no contrat)

Advertisement