Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unsolicited check in online text

• 21-12-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Don't know if this is the right forum but here goes.

Anyone ever get this text?

Avoid additional fees,don't forget to check-in online for your flight ref Xxxxxx You can check-in online or use our APP. Here's how http://youtu.be/W-ftegMK8R4

From number 0046701340660

I never registered for a text reminder (that I can remember...). It looks very fishy to me but the booking reference was correct? It's a Ryanair flight but Ryanair name didn't come up on number.

Any ideas? If fake then how could it have my correct booking ref?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Well the video is on Ryanairs official Youtube channel and I see it mentioned on their Twitter and facebook accounts too.

You aren't being directed towards any particular link that would be suspicious that would raise alarm bells for me, all it says is that you can use their website or their app if you want to.

If you provided your phone number when booking then you may well have in some way signed up for a text reminder. You don't seem sure about this so my feeling is that this seems legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Thanks, yeah I googled the site after and it seems legit. I always assumed these sites were bogus when they manipulate a well known websites name to try catch some people out but it seems youtu.be is the shortened site address

Cheers anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

No problem, you are right to be cautious!

Advertisement