Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trail shoes with support

Options
  • 21-12-2015 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Looking to get a pair of trail runners, mainly for fireroad and a few multisport races I’ll be doing with a mix of road and off road. I currently use Asics gt2000 and I find the support in them helpful.(Previously had knee pain when using runners without support) Do i need to get a trail runner with support or will neutral runners do?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

novarapid - I use support on the road (mainly) and neutral on trail. You could go with the ASCIS Trabuco as an off-roady version of the GT2000 or try a few pairs on for fit & comfort.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Having support in a trail shoe doesn't make sense to me. Having cushioning makes sense for if you are running over rocks rather than through mud. But either surface will be uneven enough that a millimetre here or there on either side of the sole in an attempt to balance your foot strike better is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Adidas Kanadia is pretty good all round. Use them myself on various events and they can usually be had on discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

You can't beat inov-8 for trail shoes.
    The TrailRoc is a great shoe for grip in multiple off-road conditions and can also cope with road surface too.

The only thing to be wary of is the low profile (heel-toe drop) of the shoes in comparison to regular runners, so likely best to go with the TrailRoc 255.

Advertisement