Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hungry baby

• 22-12-2015 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

My 3 month old is drinking four 9oz bottles a day and wanting more she is on the aptamil anti reflux has anyone else ever had this issue? I feel the formula isn't satisfying her anymore!Contemplating on changing to hungry baby food or even back to normal aptamil! Any advice would be great! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

kevin306 wrote: »
    My 3 month old is drinking four 9oz bottles a day and wanting more she is on the aptamil anti reflux has anyone else ever had this issue? I feel the formula isn't satisfying her anymore!Contemplating on changing to hungry baby food or even back to normal aptamil! Any advice would be great! :)

There's a growth spurt around three months so that could be it. You could offer more often during the day for a little while and see if that satisfies her? I'm pretty sure at three months my little girl was still on five bottles a day. I'd steer clear of the hungry baby formula it's not really recommended to give it any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Try five 8 oz? That's what we did when he was guzzling four 9 oz. He even made it to five 9 oz before tapering back down after we started weaning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Agree with above, my 8 month was on four bottles a day and food up until two weeks ago. Give an extra bottle and stay away from hungry baby formula

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Also babies with reflux can feed more to stop the feeling of burning so smaller bottles more often will help that too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Reflux babies feed more often as the relief of the milk going down their throat is comforting to them. What else is she on for reflux?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Mine ate that much from 6 weeks to around 3 months. We stuck with regular aptamil as he had major difficulty with wind, and the amount has reduced a bit as he has gotten older.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

My baby had silent reflux and was on losec for it. It was incredibly hard and we are so lucky that now she has outgrown it. We were advised to put her on the anti-reflux formula, which we did, but it didn't help. We went back to aptimil 1 after about 2 weeks and she's on it ever since and has improved massively.

Unfortunately it's one of those things that you will have to struggle through. Small feeds and often really helped and holding the baby upright for about 10-20 mins after each feed will help the baby too.

Advertisement