Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance Index Link

• 22-12-2015 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭

I recently got my renewal and noticed it says the policy for building and contents is "Index linked to 0% due to market conditions". I rang up to ask what it meant but I don't think the girl I spoke to knew what it was about.
    I always remember being told insurance should be index linked, does this "index linked to 0%" thing sound ok or should it be a red flag ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

The Buildings sum insured gets increased by the rate that construction rates rise and Contents sum insured increases by the rise in the Consumer Price Index. The fact that your sum insured 'has gone up by 0%' means that there has been no increase in costs.

You're fine, as long as your starting off sum insured is accurate

Advertisement