Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360

Options
  • 22-12-2015 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I got my son a 360 with a few games and I'm debating whether to open it and update it or not before Christmas. He won't be playing online so I think it should just work out of the box.

What way does it work with setting up an account for him? Do I just create a new email address or can I create an Xbox account using my hotmail email? I want to make sure he has no access to emails. I've always been a PlayStation man so haven't really got a clue where to start. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

You would be as well off setting it up now before tomorrow night as xmas day could be a tad flakey.
    I only turned on my 360 for the first time in about a year and there were 3 updates. The chances are the games will require updates too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

If youre not going online then you dont need to create an online account and dont need to update games. If a game asks for an update and you decline all it does is sign you out of online (which you wont be on) You can still play all games.
    You dont need an email to create an offline account.

Still though, I would still test it out before-hand

Advertisement