Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen bike - there is a good chance services have it

Options
  • 22-12-2015 10:23am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So the other day i was coming out of the college and there was a member of Services/Security going around rattling bikes, looked like he was planning to nick them and checking for weak locks.

I called him on it and he got really aggressive, told me he was checking they were OK. Rang services after I cycled off who confirmed it was one of their lads.

Anyway, a few days later, 3 bikes are taken from the Conway. Not tremendously surprising considering how many people lock with cables or don't even lock their bike at all.

An e-mail was sent around and one of the staff came back and let us know that services collect all unsecured bikes (but don't tell anyone) in a shed.

So if you have had a bike stolen recently, it might be worth dropping them a line and asking. It sounds like they have a few.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Adding to this thread - if anyone in UCD lost or crashed a black Giant Escape in Goatstown before christmas - take a look at this, we're looking for an owner:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98301974&postcount=2918

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Derby Deasy

CramCycle wrote: »
    So the other day i was coming out of the college and there was a member of Services/Security going around rattling bikes, looked like he was planning to nick them and checking for weak locks.

I called him on it and he got really aggressive, told me he was checking they were OK. Rang services after I cycled off who confirmed it was one of their lads.

Anyway, a few days later, 3 bikes are taken from the Conway. Not tremendously surprising considering how many people lock with cables or don't even lock their bike at all.

An e-mail was sent around and one of the staff came back and let us know that services collect all unsecured bikes (but don't tell anyone) in a shed.

So if you have had a bike stolen recently, it might be worth dropping them a line and asking. It sounds like they have a few.
    I'm limited in what I can say here, but are you aware of items going missing in the medical buildings, to which (I think) Conway is attached?

Very strange goings-on... things going missing from behind locked doors, and so on. I know of staff being told not to leave valuables in their offices.

Advertisement