Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backdated JSA Payment

Options
  • 22-12-2015 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I applied for JSA in November, but was made unemployed in October. I had my meeting with my local officer in December and gave her all the paperwork, etc. I also informed her that I had just found full time work for the Christmas, so I was only looking for a backdated payment from October to November. She said this was fine. And she would suspend my application, so I could easily reapply for JSA in January when my full time work ends. So I got a letter in the post on December 14th, saying a cheque will be issued to me on December 15th with my backdated payment. But it didn't say how to get the cheque. I presumed it would come in the post, but there's still no sign of it and today's the 22nd December. Am I supposed to collect the cheque in the post office? I tried calling my local office but nobody ever answers. And I don't have time to call into my local office or post office to cheque because I'm working 09:00 - 18:00 Monday to Saturday. Anyone know how the cheque is issued?

Thanks 🙂

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The cheque will be in the post,they do not necessarily post the cheque and the letter at the same time.You may have to wait a while longer

Advertisement