Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work colleague leaving - group AND individual present?

Options
  • 22-12-2015 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a colleague who I'm quite friendly with but we're not close friends. However, she's very nice and since I had a baby last year, she has got me 3 different presents at different times. We weren't as friendly before so I've never had an occasion to get her something.

She's now leaving the company. There was a group collection which I contributed a reasonable amount to but wouldn't match what she has spent on my baby. Should I also get her an individual present from myself? She has closer friends than me at work and if they were to get individual presents too, I feel like it defeats the point of the group present? Not sure what the etiquette is here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd just leave it at the group present, that's the whole point of it. Maybe treat her to lunch or something as an extra from you?

Advertisement