Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex Cinema Dundalk

Options
  • 22-12-2015 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Is the new cinema in Dundalk, where Harvey Normans used to be, open yet ?? Has anyone been ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes up and running. My grandson has been and said it was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Haven't been but as Srameen says above it is open.
    They have a FB a/c if you want to check it out - pics look impressive.
    https://www.facebook.com/omniplexdundalk/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

6 quid on a tuesday. Starwars here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

tis good, my only problem is.. booked the tickets online but then still had to join tickets/food queue to get food.. maybe there should be a separate till for just food..

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

mada999 wrote: »
    tis good, my only problem is.. booked the tickets online but then still had to join tickets/food queue to get food.. maybe there should be a separate till for just food..

I also booked online and just showed them the QR Code on my phone and no need to queue up. There is also machines on the wall to the right were you can print off your tickets if you so wish.

Other than being brand new cannot see any massive difference in IMC and Omniplex considering IMC have upped the their screens to Galactic [1] to match Omniplex Maxx screens. Next time I'll probably go to IMC seeing that it's much closer to me.

[1] http://talkofthetown.ie/2015/12/15/new-galactic-screen-unveiled-at-imc-cinema-in-dundalk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I find the sound extremely loud in modern cinemas.
    It does hide my snoring though when I take the grandkids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

mada999 wrote: »

No, leave it.

It was a great excuse not to have to pay more for popcorn and drinks than for the tickets. ;)

Seriously, they are missing out on a lot of revenue as people with prebooked tickets look at the queue and walk on without spending more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Went the other night. Very impressed. Very comfortable and happier leaving my car out there too.

We pre booked, walked right in and got some food when the trailers were running. Didn't have to q at all.

A fine setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I liked it and the sound really is superb. Reclining chairs are comfortable, the high raking improves view - I was just above mid screen level 8 or 9 rows back. What is really great though is that with a bit of competition IMC have upgraded, so a bit of a technology and price war is always good for the customer. Its true about the safer car parking which is a problem for IMC. I must try out the galatic IMC system all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Great cinema, only issue I've found with it is booking seats and then finding people sitting in them.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Been three times so far. A rattle in the air con bugged me throughout Bridge of Spies. Said it to the manager tho and he thanked me for letting him know. To be expected on a new build.
    Went to see Star Wars then in Maxx and projector failed to start. Got free tickets. Went back and enjoyed the movie at a later time.

All in all, few teething problems but seats are great, sound is phenomenal and staff are nice.

It is on the expensive side tho when not a Tuesday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

A bit slow with only 3 tills open today.

Sound is indeed superb though I also thought it a little too loud.

Comfortable seats and good temperature setting.

€3 for a 500ml bottle of water! Last time I'll get caught for that. Decent popcorn, pick & mix selection poor. Good value apart from the water imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

A bit slow with only 3 tills open today.

Sound is indeed superb though I also thought it a little too loud.

Comfortable seats and good temperature setting.

€3 for a 500ml bottle of water! Last time I'll get caught for that. Decent popcorn, pick & mix selection poor. Good value apart from the water imo.

Do they allow you to bring in their own food? Do they conduct checks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Do they allow you to bring in their own food? Do they conduct checks?

Don't think anyone really conducts checks.

They left the lights on at the start of the last film. Had to find a staff member to get them to turn them off.

Advertisement