Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Ok so outside the EU... I don't know this but I'd imagine you'll have to have at least an EU bank account to pay utility bills.

Look at the info on this page for your PPS number, maybe call them to see if you can apply before you arrive:

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Personal-Public-Service-Number-How-to-Apply.aspx

THB i'd be very surprised if he needs to do this. I work for a large multinational software company who relocate people to Ireland on a regular basis. We have a person in our HR department who specializes in handholding people through this entire process as soon as they arrive. Its also normal for us to provide accommodation for the first 4/6 weeks also. This was also true of my last employer, pretty sure its industry standard.

OP, I think you should expand your accommodation search a little beyond Grand Canal Dock/D4/IFSC. Those locations are the most expensive in the country by a long shot. Once you stay within easy reach of the DART (train that goes along the coast of Dublin) which has a stop at Grand Canal, you'll have much more choice and probably get a bit more space for your money.

Anyhow, good luck with it all - I hope you'll grow to love our fair city :)

Advertisement