Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Ye're Talking - to Santa Claus

Options
  • 22-12-2015 1:09pm
    Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Ho ho ho, merry Christmas!

Do you have any questions about the North Pole, elves, the toy-making business or whether to leave out milk and cookies or a little whiskey? Now is your chance to ask :D - Santa Claus has taken a short time out of his busy Christmas week schedule to answer a few questions for you.

Be nice! You don't want to end up on the naughty list at this late stage...over to you Santa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hiya Santa!

First off - many thanks for all the lovely pressies down the years!

What are your favourite biscuits for the children to leave out on Christmas Eve, & do you prefer a glass of milk or a drop of sherry to go with them?

Merry Christmas!

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Hollywood always shows your workshop making little wooden trains and dolls and such but I imagine that these days the majority of presents are electronics.

Does your workshop manufacture iPhones, Playstations and Laptops or is that stuff outsourced?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Dear Santa,

Why would you never bring me a Mr Frosty? I asked for it 3 years in a row and I never got it :(

Love,

Niamh (age 30)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Dear Santy.

Would you prefer if I left you milk and cookies or a pint of Guinness and some bourbon creams next to the fireplace?

Festive Regards,

Stephen (age 25)

Have you met the Easter Bunny and The Grim Reaper. What are those guys _really_ like? Does Jesus still throw those house parties for you all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi Santa, longtime fan here. You may remember me from the local parish bazaar "Meet Santa" sessions from 1982-1988.

Anyway, what do you feed the reindeers to ensure they have enough energy to travel at hyper light speeds? And...do you ever get any "blowback" while behind them in the sleigh?

Merry Christmas!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Just how large is the naughty list?

And will you ever take me off it? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

How do you keep the weight down and the diabetes at bay? For a guy that shnacks on all the biscuits and sweets from here to China in one night, you're not half bad looking.

What's your secret, Santa?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi Santa,

Apart from working one very hectic night of the year, how do you like to spend your ample time off?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Which Christmas movie do you think gives the most accurate depiction of you?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Santa,

When is the cut-off point for the naughty list? Is the sleigh packed-up by (say) Christmas Eve and can I then be naughty with impunity after the cut-off point?

Also, what happens to all the presents that are made for the kids who go onto the naughty list last minute? Are these sold off cheap on the 26th? I'm also still after a Mister Frosty if you have any spare this year....

Best regards,

ChocChip (age 33)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Hi Santa,

Hope you are well.

My five year old wants to know how you fly the sleigh?.

Hope you have a lovely christmas eve :)

Elaney

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Santa, did you always file a flight plan with NORAD? What did you do before that was there?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Does the IAA ever give you any trouble?

I've another one, I see that your sleigh will be visible at about 5:15pm on Christmas Eve. Where will you be heading to at that time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Hi Santa,

How old are you?

How did you and Mrs Claus meet, and do you have any children?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dear Santa,

I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness and thus never got to get gifts from you on the 25th. I feel really left out and sad, especially since I had no say in it. I used to pray each year that you'd leave me something and would wake up with a glimmer of hope every December 25th. Alas, it was never to be. It seems magic always bypassed my house.

Since turning 18 (I'm 29 now) I've legally become an adult, which entitles me to leave that particular religion behind me for all intents and purposes. With that said, I've done some thorough calculations and I have allowed for inflation (and have taken into account the change of currency from punt to euro in 2002) and arrived at a reasonable figure.

You owe me €4,890.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Hi Santa,

Why do you wrap presents for some children and not others?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

What country leaves the best snacks out for you?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

You're often referred to as Saint Nicholas - are you really a saint, and if so, are you dead? Also what are your religious leanings?

How do you access apartments which don't have chimneys for you to come down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Dear Santa,

I moved out of home three years ago. Should I PM you my new address as you've yet to visit my house. You don't need to leave presents at my Parents house anymore.

Vex (Age 32)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Why "ho, ho, ho"?
    Why not "he, he, he" or "ha, ha, ha"?

(and keep the answer clean :))

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mackey9387

Hi Santa,

Are you fearful about flying over Turkey / Syrian border in case Johnny Turks thinks your Sleigh is Russian?

Jason
    (Age 28)

Santa,

Are you going to answer us with our real names or our boards names?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Hi Santa

With the massive advancements in satellite navigation and tracking in recent decades, and with the current debates of the impact of livestock on climate change, do you think the time has come to sack Rudolph? Do all of the other reindeer still need him to show the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

With mrs Claus getting older and less nimble, do you find the naughty list to be containing more and more of Santas little helpers?

Do you ever get upset with Green Giant for stealing your Ho Ho Ho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Dear Santa,

Was that you lobbing the gob on my mammy?
    Underneath the mistletoe?

Little Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Santa, are you there Santa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Hi Santy,

Big fan, love your work. I've been thinking about making a career change next year, and was wondering if there are any vacancies in the elf department? I've heard there's a lengthy period of on-the-job training before becoming a fully qualified elf, but are there any prerequisites to applying for a role?

Cheers,
    Shane (age 30)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement