Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones to Green Isle Hotel commute query

Options
  • 22-12-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I will be attending a course in The Green Isle Hotel (Newlands Cross) in January which has a start time of 9am.
    I'll be driving to the hotel and was wondering if any of the good folk here do a similar commute, and might be able to give me an indication of travel time or what time should I plan on leaving to get there in good time.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

if you leave at eight youll be there in plenty of time if there are no accidents on the m50... i reckon youll comfortably make it for 8.45

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

jobless wrote: »
    if you leave at eight youll be there in plenty of time if there are no accidents on the m50... i reckon youll comfortably make it for 8.45

that seems optimistic - could take 20 minutes just to get through Blacklion with all the schools traffic. Reports on Facebook suggest the N11 is often backed up from the M50 junction to Newtownmountkennedy in the mornings too, so going via Delgany may not be any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

loyatemu wrote: »
    that seems optimistic - could take 20 minutes just to get through Blacklion with all the schools traffic. Reports on Facebook suggest the N11 is often backed up from the M50 junction to Newtownmountkennedy in the mornings too, so going via Delgany may not be any better.

I presume that suggestion was made to go via a different route rather than out through blacklion

I'd be leaving at 7:30 op.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

I presume that suggestion was made to go via a different route rather than out through blacklion

Yep. 7.40 at the latest. Every morning now there is a queue that basically goes from Kilpedder/Delgany right through to M50. Normally takes 20-25 mins. Then another slow down around j15. And recently traffic regularly backs up to J14 from the Tallaght exit. When schools out, you can cut those travel times in half. Fridays also normally much lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Thanks folks, much appreciated. I'll aim to be on the road for 7.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Perfect timing - left at 730 or just before and got to the hotel around 830/835.
    I'd rather be there early and have time to prepare rather than rushing in at the last minute.
    The first morning I went as far as the Kingswood exit (M7 J2) and back around rather than risking getting caught under the Newlands Cross flyover.
    The next two days I went under the flyover, no bother at all traffic wise.

Thanks folks.

Advertisement