Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build inspection

Options
  • 22-12-2015 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Lads could really use some wisedom can someone who knows what they're doing give this build a glance? I'm new to building and just wanna make sure everything is compatible, cheers

Build list

Ram: 8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz, DDR4-2400, CL14-16-16-31, Vengeance LPX Black Heat spreader, =58,99 €

Processor: Intel Core I5-6500 Box, Sockel 1151 = 210,99 €

Mobo: MSI Z170A PC MATE, ATX, Sockel 1151 = 107,99 €

Gpu: MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G, 2GB GDDR5 = 185,99 €

Psu: EVGA 600B,Bronze,3Yrs Wnt = 65,99 €

harddisk: Samsung SSD 850 EVO SATA 6Gb/s 250 GB = 79,90 €

case: Aerocool 800 Midi-Tower - blau = 57,99 €

Os: was gonna source the os elsewhere as I've heard I shouldn't get the sb version of windows 10?

parts total incl tax minus OS and peripherals = 770
    + bout 60€ ontop of that for +shipping+credit charge+assembly service

Few final points

*They also offer an assembly fee for super cheap (€30) so I may well go with that.

*Have a feeling the site may only let you slap parts together that actually go together but not entirely sure Pcpart picker didnt find any compatibility issues but I just wanna make sure does everything fit?

*pc part picker gave me a wattage of 240 should how accurate is that generally?

Sound

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

That all looks good to me anyway. PC Part Picker offers an assembly service? The wattage looks accurate. The 950 uses barely any power. A 960 might be better suited to your needs btw if it is within your budget. Be careful of anything coming from HardwareVersand (if they are even a supplier on that site).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 killer7

Thanks for the feedback I've been going out of mind tryna cross check things. The assembly is offered by HardwareVersand why the need for caution?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

They're a bunch of ****es, forced all sales through Bank Transfer before they went into liquidation so they could use peoples money to pay debts, with no plan of sending the parts.

I'd drop to an i5 4460, a H81M board and DDR3 RAM.

You'll save about €100, a big haul towards an R9 380, which is stronger than the 950. There's no performance loss with the older chip

Tbh I'd pair anything weaker than a 380/960 inclusive with an i3 but that's just me and my needs.

Yeah I've heard this and its pretty scummy but as careless as it seems it would seem that almost every fair priced site for parts is a calculated risk in some form Id like to think that history wouldn't repeat just as I'm placing my order yano? they are still a somewhat respected legal company right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

A few here have ordered from them since no issue, they're trading again fine, I wouldn't say respected :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

killer7 wrote: »
    Yeah I've heard this and its pretty scummy but as careless as it seems it would seem that almost every fair priced site for parts is a calculated risk in some form Id like to think that history wouldn't repeat just as I'm placing my order yano? they are still a somewhat respected legal company right?

Dont pay by bank transfer. There is no come back

Cant seem to get the option for paypal though seems to just happen to people at random perhaps your basket needs to be a certain amount I dont know??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Walk away from HWS while you can.
    For the small savings you will have no customer service or comeback if they go tits up again. Yes you can pay by paypal now but if they go and you have an issue with an item it will be all the harder to get it sorted.
    Look at computer universe or the other sites or even amazon for the parts. Some of the amazon eu sites have offers on items. Use curiua.com or geizhals.com to compare offers.
    I was lucky when I bought with HWS, I got all my bits but when I RMA'd a mobo they messed me about and in the end send me back the same defective board again.

If they are not allowing paypal or credit card , they might be about to go boom again and it could be a repeat attempt to take folks money and keep it to pay back debts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

They're a bunch of ****es, forced all sales through Bank Transfer before they went into liquidation so they could use peoples money to pay debts, with no plan of sending the parts.

I'd drop to an i5 4460, a H81M board and DDR3 RAM.

You'll save about €100, a big haul towards an R9 380, which is stronger than the 950. There's no performance loss with the older chip

Tbh I'd pair anything weaker than a 380/960 inclusive with an i3 but that's just me and my needs.

All this, and maybe consider dropping the PSU to 500W if it would save you a meaningful amount of money.

Sorry lads stupid question just to clarify how protected am i using my visa debit in comparsion to paypal? Because it seems to decide at what seems like random who can use paypal and who can't and I fall into the latter : /

• Advertisement
Advertisement