Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pop3 to imap

Options
  • 22-12-2015 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

How would I change my pop3 Eircom.net email address to imap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

How would I change my pop3 Eircom.net email address to imap.
    Hi Agent smith

This would depend on the device you're using - as this is down to device responsibility and as eir cannot suggest settings for third party settings beyond eirs control the advice I can offer you is a little limited but I have previously read that removing your POP3 account and then setting up an IMAP account and then transferring folders account may be the required steps.

There are a few sites advising how to do this= and actually I have just come across a good blog on this here: http://www.macworld.com/article/1165600/software-web/how-to-convert-a-pop-email-account-to-imap.html

Hope this helps but hopefully other members see this and can add their advice :)

Al

Advertisement