Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Delivered My Parcel... In Another County

Options
  • 22-12-2015 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue.

I've been tracking a parcel from the US which was sent via USPS. I get parcels from this supplier very often. Once it reaches Ireland I always start tracking it on the An Post website.

I'm in North Tipperary. The parcel arrived in Dublin and was sent to Portlaoise mail centre as usual. It's about €600 value so I was expecting it to be sent to customs.

Instead, this morning it said it was on route to customer.... in Bray, Co. Wicklow (Bray D.S.U. according to the website).

I thought this was strange but that it would be re-routed back to me but now it's saying that it was delivered this afternoon in Bray?!

I'm going to have to call An Post customer service in the morning but was just wondering if anyone has had similar issues? Could it maybe be that the tracking number has been crossed with another parcel along the way? The USPS tracking site has the same info displayed, presumably because An Post pass their info along to USPS too.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Hi le_girl,

Can you see from the tracking information who signed for your parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Hi le_girl,

Can you see from the tracking information who signed for your parcel?

Nope, it just says delivered and it still has Bray D.S.U as the location. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

le_girl wrote: »
    Nope, it just says delivered and it still has Bray D.S.U as the location. :confused:

Check again in the morning- it might have gone there by mistake, but they might redirect back to you.
    Best of luck- am sure it will get to you before Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Phone the customer service number first thing and don't hang up till you get an explanation.

And demand that you get the name of the person that signed for it. Had similar and as soon as I asked for a name of the person that signed for it, they realised there was a cock up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

DSU stands for delivery service unit which is basically another name for a sorting office. The term 'Delivered' is misleading but just means it was delivered to the sorting office in Bray. God only knows why they have chosen such a circuitous route but the parcel is still on its way to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

So, it actually turned up this morning though the tracking info is still the same.

It looks like there was some kind of crossover with another parcel's tracking data so apparently that can happen now!

Thanks so much for the advice :)

Advertisement