Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 16 Thread

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont think Brock has anything about him to lead the Broncos to the Superbowl. Happy to be proven wrong though. I would be giving the job back to Peyton the minute he is ready to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Big missed field goal from Nugent there. "Only" 45 yards, but it should be made. That could be huge come the end of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Best drive of the game so far by the Broncos

Pathetic from the Bengals. D have been on the field for a total of about 2 minutes yet folded like a deck of cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Bengals Offense has become very readable even for an amateur like myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

so a missed field goal each, 17-17, now overtime..

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

Damn, I was rooting for the Bengals since a Bengals win would have helped out the Steelers. Although, it was unlikely that the Broncos would've lost to San Diego anyways.

Best game of the season for me.

As I thought it would be, Mike Nugent's missed 45 yarder at the end of the 2nd quarter was huge and for me was the real turning point of the game. If he makes that, the Bengals are 17-0 up. As it happened he obviously missed, the Broncos got good field position and were 14-3 going into the half while getting the ball back to start the 3rd quarter from which they scored a TD.

The Broncos crowd had turned on the team early and going 17-0 down would have sent them over the edge. Instead, they were right back in it after that miss.

I was hoping the Bengals would win to set up a far more interesting AFC playoff race on the final day, but it wasn't to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    146-78 on year

Raiders @ Chargers
    Redskins @ Eagles
    Colts @ Dolphins
    Bears @ Buccaneers
    Browns @ Chiefs
    Patriots @ Jets
    Cowboys @ Bills
    Panthers @ Falcons
    49ers @ Lions
    Texans @ Titans
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Jaguars @ Saints
    Rams @ Seahawks
    Packers @ Cardinals
    Giants @ Vikings
    Bengals @ Broncos

9-7. 155-85 on season

Paully D wrote: »
    143-79 overall.

Chargers @ Raiders
    Redskins @ Eagles
    Colts @ Dolphins
    Bears @ Buccaneers
    Browns @ Chiefs
    Patriots @ Jets
    Cowboys @ Bills
    Panthers @ Falcons
    49ers @ Lions
    Texans @ Titans
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Jaguars @ Saints
    Rams @ Seahawks
    Packers @ Cardinals
    Giants @ Vikings
    Bengals @ Broncos

9-7 for the week. 152-86 for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Dont think Brock has anything about him to lead the Broncos to the Superbowl. Happy to be proven wrong though. I would be giving the job back to Peyton the minute he is ready to go.

Manning is done - if he comes back (which he won't) it will be as back-up to Osweiler.

Osweiler has just started his sixth game in the NFL in an offence that has been struggling badly all season long. He is 3-3 as a starter including winning two massive games against the Pats and the Bengals. The guy holds onto the ball too leg and has trouble going through his progressions - but he is tough, competitive and has done everything asked of him. Specifically he has minimised mistakes and that has kept the Broncos competitive. He now has an opportunity to prove he has the ability to make it in the NFL and I think he can do it. If Elway has any doubts then Osweiler won't get a contract offer from the Broncos and Elway will make a pitch for Rivers.

If the Broncos win next weekend (which they should) and the Pats lose (which they could) the Broncos will be top seeds in the AFC. If this happens then there is every possibility that the Broncos could make the SB.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

They have no shot at Rivers without completely mortgaging the team's future.

If Brock isn't the answer it's the draft or throwing the chequebook at Fitzmagic. There really is nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

SameOleJay wrote: »
    They have no shot at Rivers without completely mortgaging the team's future.

If Brock isn't the answer it's the draft or throwing the chequebook at Fitzmagic. There really is nothing else.

The Jets and Fitzpatrick indicated they would like to make the relationship into a longer term deal. And would he be willing to give up on WR’s like Marshall and Decker, a Offensive Line that can protect him, and his favorite coach in Chan Gailey - the Jets offensive coordinator, so late in his career when he has finally found success? The Jets will probably need to pick up a RB (to help with the passing game) in the off season or through the draft, since Ivory and Powell become free agents. Ezekiel Elliott, RB out of Ohio State looks pretty good, and might fall in the draft around the time the Jets get to pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

D9Male wrote: »
    Eagles tonight.

Colts
    Buccs
    Chiefs
    Patriots
    Bills
    Panthers
    Lions
    Titans
    Steelers
    Saints
    Seahawks
    Cardinals
    Vikings
    Broncos

Not much time to think about these selections. Hope I get to see some of them.

9-7 this week.

150-90 overall.

Advertisement