Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad 2 won't backup

• 22-12-2015 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

The ipad used to backup when locked and connected to wifi but doesn't anymore, not sure why. I have deleted the last successful backup. I have logged out of and back into icloud. I have reset network settings and forced a restart on many occassions. Is there anything I may be missing? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

I'm having exactly the same issue with my iPad 2. I haven't been able to back up to the cloud for the last few weeks no matter what I try.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not sure if its connected, but I noticed today that my iPad 4 hadn't synced calendars and was missing appointments. Shut off all apps, switched iCloud off and on, and did a hard reset, then gave it a few minutes and it seems to be okay again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Lumi wrote: »
    I'm having exactly the same issue with my iPad 2. I haven't been able to back up to the cloud for the last few weeks no matter what I try.
    What SW version are you on ? 9.2 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Try this,

-sign out of iCloud
    -get rid of all the apps running in the back of the home screen by double clicking the home button and swiping up
    -turn the device off and back on
    -sign into iCloud
    -back up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Thanks guys - I finally managed to get this sorted yesterday by

Signing out of iCloud
    Deleting my last back up to iCloud
    Resetting network settings
    Signing back into iCloud
    Performing a hard reset - in that order.

Nothing else worked and believe me I tried everything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement