Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed or flooded roads from Athenry to south Mayo

Options
  • 22-12-2015 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

As per the title of the thread, I was wondering if there are any closures on the route from Athenry to the south Mayo area due to flooding.

My Mum is coming over to spend Christmas with us and I was thinking of avoiding the traffic in Galway by collecting her at Athenry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,127 ✭✭✭✭flazio

As per the title of the thread, I was wondering if there are any closures on the route from Athenry to the south Mayo area due to flooding.

My Mum is coming over to spend Christmas with us and I was thinking of avoiding the traffic in Galway by collecting her at Athenry.
    Most of the more serious flooding has receded. You may have to drive around some large puddles at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Great, thanks a million for the response. Large puddles we can do!!

Happy Crimbo; )

Just thought it would be better to ask cuz AFAIK the Ballinrobe to Neale road is still closed, but I'm open to correction.
    (We won't use that road anyway but it made me wonder if other roads would be closed too)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

I was going to post up the link to the Galway County Council web site that has a map of the flooded areas but it has not been updated since 11 Dec :(
    I shouldn't be suprised!!!

oh dear! It would be a good resource if it were updated.. thanks though

• Advertisement
Advertisement