Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon license

Options
  • 22-12-2015 10:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

There's probably plenty other threads on this, but I'm thinking of getting the license this year with the hope of catching a few Salmon and Sea Trout. My questions are, is the licence for a calender year, 12 months from purchase date or just a season? When is the best month to buy it?
    .how much is the license? I'd like to fish lots of different rivers (I know I need permit too)

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭con___manx1

ComfortKid wrote: »
    There's probably plenty other threads on this, but I'm thinking of getting the license this year with the hope of catching a few Salmon and Sea Trout. My questions are, is the licence for a calender year, 12 months from purchase date or just a season? When is the best month to buy it?
    .how much is the license? I'd like to fish lots of different rivers (I know I need permit too)

Any help is appreciated

Its just a season. All licence have to be returned at the end of season to the fisheries board. I forgot this year and got a reminder letter last week ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Its just a season. All licence have to be returned at the end of season to the fisheries board. I forgot this year and got a reminder letter last week ; )

My father's friend forget a few years back and got a fine!

A couple more points OP....

It can be bought for a county or the whole country.

It can be bought for a day, 21 days or the full year (the latter is the best value).

Advertisement