Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any dealz recommendations? especially unusual stuff

Options
  • 23-12-2015 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody got any recommendations for stuff which is new or specific to dealz? i.e. not the likes of toffee crisp or cadbury fudge, which might be a good price, but nothing new. Though if something is unusually good value and easily missed I would like to know. I am more thinking unusual brands or new flavours. A current thread mentions walkers roast beef & horseradish which I guess is new.

I like these coconut cakes.
    http://www.dealz.ie/luxury-coconut-cake-10-pack
    96063_14.jpg
    They are nice and moist, they look like cookies/biscuits but are more cake like.

These german made coconut rolls are nice too, I like my coconut, there are regular chocolate ones too.

http://www.dealz.ie/snow-rolls-chocolate-and-coconut-flavour-200g
    126576.jpg
    They are very airy and light, just melt in the mouth. The tubs are good quality for reuse too.

I would also be interested in anything to avoid. There was a pack of chocolate brazil nuts I was not impressed with. These ones
    101600_33.jpg
    There are others which might be better. The chocolate was cheap tasting, like cooking chocolate or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My other half loves their pork scratchings:

dw5h1v.jpg

If you like Burger Bites, you'll like these: 14nmzw4.jpg

I found them a bit salty.

I absolutely love these: o9h2ip.jpg

They're so tasty with or without spread or toppings.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fussyonion wrote: »
    My other half loves their pork scratchings:
    +1, they have the consistency of corn snacks like rancheros or something. Other brands pork scratchings can be really hard or a mixture with some rock hard ones. These ones are quite consistent.

They have other types in dealz too which I have not had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

About two weeks ago, I bought the most delicious savoury snack in Dealz. It was a biggish bag (90 gram ish) and was - I think - a yellow/ bright green colour. The snacks inside came in different shapes - wheels, tubes, waves etc. They were absolutely delicious and I went back this week to get some more - not a sign of them! I hadn't bothered noting the name as I just presumed they were regular stock. They were a bit like Tayto Occasions but Tayto Occasions don't do Sour Cream and Onion flavour! The staff searched in the stockroom and suggested lots of possibilities but none of them match my memory of this bag. Did anyone else have the pleasure of enjoying them - and note the name?

P.S. - It wasn't a multipack - just a single large pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

About two weeks ago, I bought the most delicious savoury snack in Dealz. It was a biggish bag (90 gram ish) and was - I think - a yellow/ bright green colour. The snacks inside came in different shapes - wheels, tubes, waves etc. They were absolutely delicious and I went back this week to get some more - not a sign of them! I hadn't bothered noting the name as I just presumed they were regular stock. They were a bit like Tayto Occasions but Tayto Occasions don't do Sour Cream and Onion flavour! The staff searched in the stockroom and suggested lots of possibilities but none of them match my memory of this bag. Did anyone else have the pleasure of enjoying them - and note the name?

P.S. - It wasn't a multipack - just a single large pack.

I think I know the things you mean - if it's any help, Tesco do a very similar snack all the time:

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=297348923

Thanks very much - they look very like them - I'll try those anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The twin peaks (toblerone knockoff) are back.

They are a new shape, probably easier to manage than the last shape, or toblerone.

Poundland-Twin-Peaks-in-pictures-1533070.jpg?r=1538404698824

I wish they would make smaller versions of them as a multipack.

I prefer it over toblerone, smaller bits in it, less likely to get stuck in your teeth.

I found the receipt - The Tasyy Company's Sour Cream & Onion Snack Mix - Dealz still do two other flavours but have yet to find the sour cream and onion ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

Tasty Snack Co. Salt and Vinegar Twists are very good. I might be imaging it, but they taste a bit like chipper chips! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They have the 'real' bacon and scampi fries like you get in pubs, in a multi-pack of 3 of each type.
    The downside being I like the bacon but not the scampi so they will be given out for Halloween...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Turners Chocolate Assortment bags are back in, I hadn't seen them in ages. They're damaged chocolates of mixed brands and they're lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Advertisement