Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The B-Box (Boards Box)

Options
  • 23-12-2015 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

So I have having a bit of a google and found some info on this but feck it more fun to do it here. For the price of an Xbox one or PS4 what systems could you spec out including a controller for a steam console?

We'll make up the rules as we go along as all games are best that way! But for now:

New components only
    Must include controller
    No OS as we'll use steamOS
    Declare what you're beating

Props for sexy cases it's a console at the end of the day.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Tempted to cheat there with hardware I can't get so must declare suppliers and include delivery! So using multiple suppliers is going to hobble you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

LC-Power LC-1410mi ITX Tower 200 Watt €35.59
    AMD A8 Series A8-7670K €108.03
    ASRock FM2A78M-ITX AMD A78 81.02
    8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-2400 €44.11
    240 GB SSD -Because I hate HDD load times! 68.97
    Xbox Controller 44.51

Total Excluding delivery and Irish VAT 382.23

Can anyone shave that down? Trying to beat a €399.99 Xbox/PS4 so need to do some steam games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It'll be hard enough scraping underneath the RRP as we just don't have American pricing, but with the deals Argos have had recently it's impossible to build to the same spec for a lower price - the cost of a 500GB PS4 for my GF shot down to €220 after trading in the bundled games.
    She could've saved money on Steam games over time but apart from the games I picked up with the trade-ins this PS4 is a glorified 'The Last Guardian' machine.

Advertisement