Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas / New Year Swims?

Options
  • 23-12-2015 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any Christmas day or New Years day swims in North County Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's one at the harbour in Skerries each year. Usually around 11am. Skerries Tourist Office (01 849 0629) may be able to confirm the time for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Christmas day 11am on Portmarnock beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Christmas Day Swim from 10am onwards at Balscadden Beach, Howth if you want the best tide. HW 11.19am (4.4m).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Deep South North County Dublin - there's usually one at Clontarf Yacht Club.

• Advertisement

I think there's one in Portrane around noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Balbriggan - Front Strand - Noon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I think there's one in Portrane around noon.

Portrane Christmas day Swim is at the Tower Bay at 10 am.

Warning on Six One news about full moon bringing high tides tomorrow and asking those who intend doing Christmas swims to exercise caution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

The sea is always there, so you can just nip in whenever you feel like ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭secman

Warning on Six One news about full moon bringing high tides tomorrow and asking those who intend doing Christmas swims to exercise caution.

Not advisable to do the normal 1500 m a 1k will be safer:)
    Be safe and have a good one. Won't be in myself tomorrow but plan on doing the New year day swim in Cahore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I did it in Portmarnock this morning. 'Twas fresh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Pls be carefull out there --- thankfully all turned out o/k.

A man has been airlifted to hospital after getting into difficulties while swimming off the coast of Rush in north Co Dublin this morning.
    The man, aged in his 50s, was taken to Our Lady of Lourdes hospital, Drogheda in Co Louth.
    A member of the public raised the alarm when they spotted the man near the North beach in Rush.
    The Coast Guard Helicopter, Skerries Coast Guard and the local RNLI Lifeboat
    responded to the call.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-airlifted-to-hospital-after-swim-off-dublin-coast-713846.html

dslamjack wrote: »
    ..A member of the public raised the alarm when they spotted the man near the North beach in Rush.
    The Coast Guard Helicopter, Skerries Coast Guard and the local RNLI Lifeboat
    responded to the call....
    Ah! - that explains the helicopter activity over my house this morning. (I live beside the North Beach).

Advertisement