Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Resolution Ideas

Options
  • 23-12-2015 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    looking for ideas what to do for new years resolution.
    What have you got planned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Don't make them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

i always say ill give up fizzy drinks but never do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

my top 5 new years resolutions are as follows:
    640x480
    1280x720
    1920x1080
    2560x1440
    4096x2160

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

gnarbarian wrote: »
    my top 5 new years resolutions are as follows:
    640x480
    1280x720
    1920x1080
    2560x1440
    4096x2160

640x480!!! Shame on you sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Hi All

Well generally you'd look at areas of your life or yourself that are piss poor and work on those.
    If you can't think of any, then you better take up some bad habits or the rest of the country will only beat you to death with the begrudgery stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

If you can't think of anything yourself, then maybe there isn't anything in your life that you need to change hugely.

Just make sure you take care of yourself with some exercise, eat fairly well, don't drink too much and read some good books.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Start using smack or crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

Hi All

10 mountains. I did 2 this year after making same resolution.

suppose i could get out on the auld bike a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

If she hears you talking about her like that then you won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Can you bring around my smack while you're out on the bike?

What do you *want* to do? What in your life do you want to change?

I'm not into making "resolutions". I just make a plan of how I'd like my year to work out and then work toward achieving it.

I don't think "I'm going to cycle more" is really enough. You need to know why you're going to cycle more. Is it because you want to? Is it because you want to get healthier? Do you hate cycling but feel you should be doing it to get fit? If it's the latter then forget about it.

What do you *want* to do? What in your life do you want to change?

I'm not into making "resolutions". I just make a plan of how I'd like my year to work out and then work toward achieving it.

I don't think "I'm going to cycle more" is really enough. You need to know why you're going to cycle more. Is it because you want to? Is it because you want to get healthier? Do you hate cycling but feel you should be doing it to get fit? If it's the latter then forget about it.

yea it would be to get fitter but i also enjoy a casual cruise but in this weather im not very motivated so hopefully change that

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

To gain more wealth, health and sexiness.

So more focused work and money management, keep up my routine to put on more weight - muscle and with self confidence ooze sex appeal.

Remind me in a year if I have succeeded or failed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

RobertKK wrote: »
    To gain more wealth, health and sexiness.

So more focused work and money management, keep up my routine to put on more weight - muscle and with self confidence ooze sex appeal.

Remind me in a year if I have succeeded or failed...

More wealth may indeed increase sexiness

yea it would be to get fitter but i also enjoy a casual cruise but in this weather im not very motivated so hopefully change that

Write down why you like cycling by the canal!

If you're not that bothered with the being fitter bit, then ignore it as irrelevant. Do the things you want to do for the reasons you want to do them!

Don't take other people's plans, they won't suit you :)

I'm working toward getting stronger in lifting weights, and faster at running but I'm already doing these things. I'm also currently learning how to swim with a view to doing my first Triathlon in April, and my first Open Water Triathlon in June. If I enjoy doing them I'll be looking to do a half ironman in 2017 but we'll see. I might hate it.

Those kind of things have no appeal whatsoever to most people though, so there's no point in you putting my goals on your list!

I'm also looking to buy a new house - the final one hopefully that I'll ever move to. Again, you may have no interest in that, or maybe you've already done that.

Basically, you should be looking at your bucket list, things you want to do, and see how do you make those things happen!

Advertisement