Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champagne saucers

Options
  • 23-12-2015 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where, if at all, in Kilkenny I can find champagne saucers? Cant find any stores with them listed online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Best bet is probably Allens on High street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Allens was my first port of call! They don't have them. I checked with most of the larger names to no avail. I was wondering if there were some smaller shops that happened to have them randomly, even a charity shop / second hand would do.

Kilkenny Design? Or does Meubles have a kitchen ware section?

I checked Kilkenny Design website previously and they did not have them. Meubles is a good suggestion, forgot about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Nisbets.ie have them, but not sure how fast they would deliver at this stage

http://www.nisbets.ie/olympia-bar-collection-champagne-saucers-180ml/GF732/ProductDetail.raction

• Advertisement

Yep I had seen them, too late for me though!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The wine centre

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

The wine centre

Interesting, never thought of them, ill give them a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

TK Maxx ?. They have loads of fancy glasses in there homewhare upstairs worth a look.

Thanks folks, I will be hitting the streets shortly. Wine Centre do stock glasses but not saucers unfortunately. So full steam ahead for TK Maxx + Meubles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Top floor in Winstons has plenty of homeware too.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I marched the streets yesterday and could not find any in TK Maxx, Wine Centre, Dunnes, Carraig Donn etc. Still have to try Meubles as it was closed when I arrived. Will give it a try today. Also Winstons.

You've got to tell what happened, my whole xmas is hinged on it.

They were not found in time! Plenty online but unfortunately I left it too late!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

They were not found in time! Plenty online but unfortunately I left it too late!

Now that it's too late someone is going to post "the champagne saucer shop" on William st. or something.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

You should have tried the Champagne Saucer shop on William St.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

gramar wrote: »
    You should have tried the Champagne Saucer shop on William St.

That's part of the Champagne Saucer District, isn't it?

Rega wrote: »
    That's part of the Champagne Saucer District, isn't it?

I hear they are re-branding it the "The Champagne Saucer and Champagne Saucer Accessories Quarter".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I hear they are re-branding it the "The Champagne Saucer and Champagne Saucer Accessories Quarter".

..only problem is...it'll be full of flutes...

Advertisement