Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goose hunt.

Options
  • 23-12-2015 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

Silly mix-up, neither of us ordered the dead goose. Anyone know where can I get one in Cork?

Frozen will do fine, not fussy, but it has to be a goose, not a duck or a turkey or any other sort of bird. I've checked butchers, lidl and aldi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was just going to say Aldi, give Waterfall farms a shout they are up kinda by EMC. They might be able to sort you out

Just thought of another but sure I don't know the name of the Farm. There is a farm lets say coming from town to ballincollig, that link road around half way down when the road gets narrow.. Sorry I can find the name from mum if you like but she might be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Aldi definitely has geese for sale:

https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/christmas/christmas-food/meat-and-poultry/products-detail-page/ps/p/specially-selectedfresh-irish-freerange-goose/

Bit pricey, mind!

I'm sure you could find one in The English Market (or directions on where to source one) as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Aldi definitely has geese for sale:

https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/christmas/christmas-food/meat-and-poultry/products-detail-page/ps/p/specially-selectedfresh-irish-freerange-goose/

Bit pricey, mind!

I'm sure you could find one in The English Market (or directions on where to source one) as well.

Thanks, The mahon aldi didn't have them, I'll try some of the other aldi's!

Nothing in the market that wasn't preordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lidl city centre had them last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Saw Goose in Supervalue Glanmire this morning if it's any use

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Tesco Mahon Point might be worth a shout, although I'd ring over before making the trek.

When I sued to work there years back there was always an excess of Xmas birds, used to seriously reduce them on Xmas eve and staff would buy them when they closed up for the few days around Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I got one in the Bishopstown Aldi on Monday. €50 compared to the €90 I normally pay in the English market. Have you tried the Chicken Inn in the English Market?

No joy yet. Between us we Tried midleton, carrigtwohill, mahon, city center and ballincollig aldis. No goose to be had, all sold out yearerday.

Hunt resumes tomorrow, will start with the supervalus.
    Tesco, i tried online but none have them listed in stock. Didn't go in person though.

Did you try the farm no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Don't leave us hanging...
    Did you get the goose?

Don't leave us hanging...
    Did you get the goose?

Nope. Well, i Found one but it wasn't great. Bad year for them apparantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Any golden eggs?

pwurple wrote: »
    Nope. Well, i Found one but it wasn't great.

was it roadkill or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

pwurple wrote: »
    Nope. Well, i Found one but it wasn't great. Bad year for them apparantly.

Goosed!

was it roadkill or something?

Lol, just skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Turned out to be a wild goose chase then I guess.... I'll get my coat...

Ludo wrote: »
    Turned out to be a wild goose chase then I guess.... I'll get my coat...

You can see yourself out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

I got ours early in Dec, in Lidl , a frozen one. I've bought it there for the last few years. I think we got lucky this year as I have never seen so much meat on a goose. Worth a shot for next year maybe.

I got ours early in Dec, in Lidl , a frozen one. I've bought it there for the last few years. I think we got lucky this year as I have never seen so much meat on a goose. Worth a shot for next year maybe.

probably a swan

• Advertisement
Advertisement