Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque Book Fee - Didn't Request A Cheque Book!

Options
  • 23-12-2015 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi
    A cheque book was posted out to me during the week and as per my bank statement online, i was charged €5 for it! 
    I didn't request a cheque book, i don't need a new cheque book - i send one cheque a year to pay my house insurance so i think i've got the guts of another 10 years left with my 10 remaining cheques before i'd even need a new one - and a which stage, cheques will be a thing of the past!! 

How can you charge someone for something that they didn't request not require??!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Emma1980 wrote: »
    Hi
    A cheque book was posted out to me during the week and as per my bank statement online, i was charged €5 for it! 
    I didn't request a cheque book, i don't need a new cheque book - i send one cheque a year to pay my house insurance so i think i've got the guts of another 10 years left with my 10 remaining cheques before i'd even need a new one - and a which stage, cheques will be a thing of the past!! 

How can you charge someone for something that they didn't request not require??!!
    Good Afternoon Emma1980,

All cheque books will have a 'trigger number' of cheques which is usually cheque number 15, this means that once this cheque number  has been processed, a new book will automatically be ordered for you. This is to ensure that customers regularly using books do not run out. 

As this is not applicable to you, we would suggest returning the chequebook to the branch with a written request claiming for a refund, or you can drop into a branch with the book. A staff member will take the book and details, and arrange a refund for you.

A new book will not be ordered for you again, until you request one. When you order this new book you can request that this 'trigger number' be higher so the book is not automatically ordered until you are close to running out. 

I hope this answers your query fully, and please don't hesitate to contact us here.

Thanks, 

Evie 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Emma1980

Hi

Good Afternoon Emma1980,

All cheque books will have a 'trigger number' of cheques which is usually cheque number 15, this means that once this cheque number  has been processed, a new book will automatically be ordered for you. This is to ensure that customers regularly using books do not run out. 

As this is not applicable to you, we would suggest returning the chequebook to the branch with a written request claiming for a refund, or you can drop into a branch with the book. A staff member will take the book and details, and arrange a refund for you.

A new book will not be ordered for you again, until you request one. When you order this new book you can request that this 'trigger number' be higher so the book is not automatically ordered until you are close to running out. 

I hope this answers your query fully, and please don't hesitate to contact us here.

Thanks, 

Evie 
    Thats great Evie, thanks for the quick response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi

Good Afternoon Emma1980,

Thanks, 

Evie 
    Thats great Evie, thanks for the quick response!
    Hi Emma, 

You are very welcome. Thanks for getting in touch with us today on Boards.ie. 

Evie 

Advertisement