Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 battery drain

• 23-12-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Having problems with my iPhone 6 battery. It seems to drain quite fast. For example, today I took it out of charge about 11am and was browsing safari and Facebook until about 1. Battery dropped down to 60%. Then I received a phone call and battery straight away dropped down to 43% and then it died mid phone call. When I plugged it in again it started back up with 43%. It has happened a lot usually when I get below 40% that when I go to use it, it will just die completely. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Having problems with my iPhone 6 battery. It seems to drain quite fast. For example, today I took it out of charge about 11am and was browsing safari and Facebook until about 1. Battery dropped down to 60%. Then I received a phone call and battery straight away dropped down to 43% and then it died mid phone call. When I plugged it in again it started back up with 43%. It has happened a lot usually when I get below 40% that when I go to use it, it will just die completely. Any suggestions?

Humm that doesnt sound great TBH, might be sending that back if I were you. How long have you had the device?

In the mean time, I read recently that Facebook is the biggest drain of any iOS app so maybe turn it off in the background when you're not using it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Facebook accounts for 62% of my battery drain currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Humm that doesnt sound great TBH, might be sending that back if I were you. How long have you had the device?

In the mean time, I read recently that Facebook is the biggest drain of any iOS app so maybe turn it off in the background when you're not using it?

Had the phone just over a year now. Its actually a refurb since the first one bent about this time last year:roll eyes:

I went into my battery settings and yeah Facebook had the highest usage. I turned off 'background app refresh' in the settings. Is this how to turn to off in the background?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Facebook will still run in the background even with background app refresh disabled. I think you should try restoring in iTunes from a backup and if that doesn't work try restoring as a new phone.

Finally got around to sorting this out today. I tried restoring the phone but it has been getting worse and worse so was onto apple on live chat. They ran diagnostics and said its a hardware problem with the battery. I am out of warranty and they were quoting me something like €320 for out of warranty repair. Rang support today and it was €75 to replace battery. Said I still wasn't happy since this is the second phone I have had to send back (first one bent) and I would rather put the €75 into getting and android phone. I was put through to a supervisor and he waived the fee. I have to send it off in the post to get it fixed.

• Advertisement

Just got my phone back today. Its a refurb I assume and its not the same one I sent off. Was using an old nokia for the last week. I doubt the iPhones battery will stand up to the nokia one.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think the latest release definitely drains the battery way faster than I'm normally used to.
    I've downloaded the latest beta as it's getting excellent praise for battery use.

Advertisement