Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this effect my credit rating?

• 23-12-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

I have owed PTSB around 120euro for the 3 months or so. It was an overdraft. I plan on paying it after Christmas. Will this effect my credit rating? Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

If it's an overdraft it depends if it is authorised as in you have agreed an overdraft facility with your bank otherwise it is an unauthorised overdraft and you will be charged referral fees and interest on the overdrawn amount and your bank will not pay any direct debits that are due. If you intend to apply for a mortgage or any lending facilities in the next 6 months it will probably go against you as you will have to provide 6 months current account statements and referral fees will show up. You need to apply to your bank for an overdraft facility.

QUOTE=the deftone;98178115]I have owed PTSB around 120euro for the 3 months or so. It was an overdraft. I plan on paying it after Christmas. Will this effect my credit rating? Thanks for any info.[/QUOTE]

Advertisement