Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Problem - Help Needed

Options
  • 23-12-2015 6:31pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a problem printing at the moment.

My printer is a HP ENVY 4502 and when I print something most of the time it is not printing the full page. I've just printed off a 13 page word document and I'd say about 5 of the pages are not printed properly.

I've checked as many of the settings that I know about, but nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Have you tried printing a test page ? Does it happen only in MS Word ? Are there any graphics on the pages that don't print correctly ? Have you pasted any external text into the pages that don't print ? You say that some pages only half print, does the text omitted from these pages continue on to the next page or is it gone completely ?

Another common issue is incorrect paper size selected in the printer preferences. I find that many printers default to US Letter whereas it should be A4. You could check this first and also check that the page setting in your word processor (e.g. MS Word etc.) are also set to A4.

Just as an aside, does this happen on all documents including ones you create on the computer and any you import from, say, a work computer or documents sent by other people via email or on a USB drive ? If it's only on documents edited or created on some other computer it might be a font problem, the font used to create the original document may not be on your computer.

Another suggestion is to ensure you have the most up to date driver for your printer.

Sorry for all the questions but printing issues can be very tricky to diagnose as any help-desk worker will tell you.

Ken

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Thank you so much for your input.

As soon as I read your reply I figured out what the problem was. The document I couldn't print was an application form which I had to fill in on line and then print.
    I've since tried other normal word docs and they worked no problem, so it had to be the form.

The page size changes regularly on my printer for some reason, so I keep an eye on that anyway.

Thanks again for your help.

Advertisement