Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you get a Christmas bonus from your employer this year?

• 23-12-2015 7:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

We usually get a few hundred euro and a Christmas dinner, but this year we got sweet fuck all. No explanation, nothing. You wouldn't even think it was Christmas in my work place. If the company was struggling, fair enough, but it's not. It's fair to say there will be no more staying late and coming in on days off from me. Miserable shower!

What you get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

The usual boring Xmas dinner and drink and the promise of a grand in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I got a decent one this year. A months wages worth. The taxman will be dining out on me this Christmas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I get to keep my job, at least for another month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Unemployed and I didn't get any bonus. Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Unemployed and I didn't get any bonus. Disgraceful.

Did they not bring back the double dole at Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

We had our usual Xmas raffle and a €250 One for All voucher. A line of tickets for each year. Prizes ranging from vouchers, alcohol etc to 48" TVs. As usual I didn't win a TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

A Dunnes Stores gift card. Won't need to pay for shopping for weeks :D

redlead wrote:
    Did they not bring back the double dole at Christmas?

They did for the long term unemployed, I'm only out of work two months. Mind boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Never got a Christmas bonus or present from my employer, we just get chocolate and stuff. I think it's the same for most people I know tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Work in public service we don't get Xmas bonus ever but us civil servants have it that handy we deserve nothing I suppose...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Asmooh

No, should they? you get paid every month.. why would they?

But we get: free drinks, snacks, salad, yoghurt and more every single day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Used to get an extra weeks wages every Christmas from a small company I used to work for, which I always appreciated.

Now I get a bonus in the first quarter (not guaranteed), the amount depends on how the company is doing in terms of sales. Usually a small percentage of my annual salary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The only time I ever got a Chrismtas bonus - a box of Ferrero Rochet and a 50 euro Dunnes coucher - was when I was temping. Was only in the place eight days!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

sjb25 wrote: »
    Work in public service we don't get Xmas bonus ever but us civil servants have it that handy we deserve nothing I suppose...............

Pretty much yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

ComfortKid wrote: »
    They did for the long term unemployed, I'm only out of work two months. Mind boggling.

Rewarded for scratching themselves, great little country.

I hope you find something soon, ComfortKid. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

The boss told me at the final interview that I would get a Christmas bonus of between 0 and 20 per cent each December.

I thought 20% :D

It's been 0% every year so far :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

We usually get ours at the end of Q1, usually 6.5% of annual salary. Tax man loves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

redlead wrote: »
    Pretty much yeah

Merry Christmas to you aswell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I am my own boss so none for me. I gave the two lads that works for me 150each and dinner. They seemed happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Dinner and free bar for a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Asmooh

We usually get ours at the end of Q1, usually 6.5% of annual salary. Tax man loves it.

We get it every quarter, last one I got 380 euros or so.
    Next one I don't know how much I get but I did a lot of overtime also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭another36

redlead wrote: »
    Pretty much yeah

Same as I work in the community sector and the way that is going we are lucky to have a job in January.

Other half gets 250 in gift card and a free night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Got a hamper ... 2 bottles of wine, some chocolate, mince pies etc

Also got told I had to work one of my days off next week so the hamper didn't really make up for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got f...k all last year , this year €250 and Christmas dinner. suspicious now,
    maybe its my last Christmas in the job !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Worked my hole off this year for an engineering firm. Performance was great from the team; we're about 10-15% better than teams in the sister plants in the states. Bonus was given last year but the team is bigger this year.

What did we get? **** all. I'm annoyed. They harp on about how much of a good job is being done and how good performance is. Morale, realistically is low. And this doesn't help. People will just jump ship in the new year. No incentive to keep working hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

€500 voucher for local shops. Saving that for the sales and getting a nice coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Asmooh wrote: »
    We get it every quarter, last one I got 380 euros or so.
    Next one I don't know how much I get but I did a lot of overtime also

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Absolutely nothing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

€250 one4all voucher, a box of butlers choccys, all expenses paid dinner and drinks in the mansion house and a lovely Tissot watch in the annual everybody wins a prize raffle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Semi state, nothing. got overtime, worked it though, got paid today, got feck all after deductions, had a Christmas party, but we bought our own tickets and drink, woohoo.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Worked my hole off this year for an engineering firm. Performance was great from the team; we're about 10-15% better than teams in the sister plants in the states. Bonus was given last year but the team is bigger this year.

What did we get? **** all. I'm annoyed. They harp on about how much of a good job is being done and how good performance is. Morale, realistically is low. And this doesn't help. People will just jump ship in the new year. No incentive to keep working hard.

Similar to myself really. I'm looking forward to the next time I'm asked to stay late or come in on my day off. They'll be kindly told to go fuck themselves.

phill106 wrote:
    Absolutely nothing...

Vistakon workers get enough of bonuses in fairness, hardly a need for one at Xmas too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Yeah.

A decent party......a modest cash/benefits bonus......

......and a 'social responsibility' bonus!!

The social responsibility bonus is 50 paid hours to work on certain community / charitable projects!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Jawgap wrote: »
    The social responsibility bonus is 50 paid hours to work on certain community / charitable projects!!

50 hours! That's very impressive. And nice.

Self employed, availed of the €500 voucher malarky, also availed of the overdaft facility as I finished up 3 days early :pac:
    (pipeline for 2016 is decent though)

• Advertisement

Menas wrote: »
    50 hours! That's very impressive. And nice.

Actually, it's not bad. The 'big bosses' are keen on seeing something gets given back - and it's pretty rewarding. A lot spend more than the 50 hours (or whatever they're allocated) working on various projects with the extra time coming from their 'own' time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I got a bar of chocolate. No kidding.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Torricelli wrote: »
    What you get?

My Contract was cut short due to "cuts", despite a multi billion dollar pre tax profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

selous wrote: »
    Semi state, nothing. got overtime, worked it though, got paid today, got feck all after deductions, had a Christmas party, but we bought our own tickets and drink, woohoo.:(

Your lucky to have a job, bla bla, etc.

Only the big boys in semi state or public sector get a bonus, or a 'retention payment' the rest get shafted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I'm a freelancer but have been working for the same company for over a year. I got paid today, the first decent chunk of money I've managed to get out of them in five months. That's as close to a bonus as it gets for me, but I'm relieved to have gotten that much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I wasn't expecting a bonus but yep, we got one and a fair amount at that. Very happy with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Only the big boys in semi state or public sector get a bonus, or a 'retention payment' the rest get shafted.

Well he got paid for overtime, I'd take that. Worked for all private sector companies and have never got paid for overtime or any bonus at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

My xmas bonus was a 150 dollar donation to charity. Couldnt even pick the charity...it was so african yoke i never heard of..so bascailly i got to press the submit button..happy xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

i despise greedy employers , greedy cvnts

Never got a bonus in the Public Sector.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nah, we get ours at end of year, so in a month or two. They are quite generous people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Civil servants so nothing.

Also had to pay for Xmas lunchtime, our party etc. That seems to be paid for in private sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Two Weeks Wages, I am pleased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah, the retention payments applied to few staff in the central bank with very specific skills in demand in the private sector.

Does not apply to the 300,000 ppl in the public service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

iano.p wrote: »
    I am my own boss so none for me. I gave the two lads that works for me 150each and dinner. They seemed happy

Get a new accountant as you can give yourself a €500 tax free present.

You can also put down the bonus of €150 you gave.

Happy christmas

• Advertisement
Advertisement