Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isnt Mulled Wine the Most Disgusting Drink ever?

Options
  • 23-12-2015 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

honestly what do people like about Mulled Wine? - I have always passed up Mulled wine in the past but I tried a glass the other night for the first time ever. it taste like the worst type of cough medicine ...... heated up!

i wont be drinking any of that ****e ever again!

whats EggNog like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Have you ever had Budweiser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

If done incorrectly, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's horrible stuff alright, I'd prefer Budweiser or even Harp over it any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,358 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I think it's revolting so subjectively it's up there on my most disgusting drink... But it has a lot of fans so it's obviously pushing some buttons to which I'm immune.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

It can't possibly compete with the vomit that is eggnog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Duff

Sea Dog dark rum.

Budweiser close second.

/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭my teapot is orange

I had mulled cider at the weekend. That definitely beats it in the race for worst drink ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,157 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

honestly what do people like about Mulled Wine? - I have always passed up Mulled wine in the past but I tried a glass the other night for the first time ever. it taste like the worst type of cough medicine ...... heated up!

whats EggNog like?

Did you spend a long time thinking about this complaint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Duff wrote: »
    Sea Dog dark rum.

Budweiser close second.

/thread.

Love SeaDog Rum, a man's drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Anything with cloves is disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mulled wine is disgusting. Egg nog is lovely stuff. I haven't had any in years. Would love some right now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Mulled wine is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,607 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Mulled wine is grand, but it takes a shocking amount of sugar to make it grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭Larry the Logster

Haven't ever tried either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭trashcan

It's horrible stuff alright, I'd prefer Budweiser or even Harp over it any day.

Ah here now. Harp is vile. Have you ever tasted Drambuie btw, now that is the most disgusting drink there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

whats that slice of thing in the Mulled Wine is it orange or lemon?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The German shops (Aldi & Lidl) have it for sale under the name Glühwein. I think the only real difference is that they might use cardamom instead of nutmeg.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

wine should not be heated up like that, it should be chilled! - I will stick with my chilled Chardonnay

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

wine should not be heated up like that, it should be chilled! - I will stick with my chilled Chardonnay

It's red wine though. You can't be chilling that. My missus drinks the oul glühwein cold, the mad eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It tends to improve after about 3 glasses, then really improves after around 8 glasses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Haven't had it in years but I like mulled wine, reminds me of being at a Christmas market. It's lovely and warming when it's cold and windy but it is a bit of an acquired taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I had some a few weeks ago, thought it was very tasty...

I wouldn't chance making it myself though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

whats EggNog like?
    Made it for the craic last year, wanted to see what it's like. Not bad, if I recall a bit of a cream liquor type of taste to it - but it would get pretty testing after a bit. If you like milkshakes it's worth a go, I guess.

The one I made wasn't very strong though, not sure how you would offset a stronger alcohol content without it tasting completely rank.

EDIT: When I went googling though, there were tonnes of different recipes with pretty big differences in ingredients and measures, so it could be pretty hit-and-miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Hot mulled wine served in a wine glass, accompanied by hot mince pies :)

Yum yum, Christmas has arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What, no Chateau de Chassilier lying around?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Tried it before at a german xmas market, couldn't stand it
    Apfelwein though yes pls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

whats EggNog like?

Kevin Myers answered this question 10 years ago.

Vintage Myers at his best:

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/an-irishman-s-diary-1.1172187

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

It tends to improve after about 3 glasses, then really improves after around 8 glasses

So does the wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Figbiscuithead

I like stuff in a carton from Lidl but not sure if that's the real deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

No.

That award goes to root beer. Tastes like the liquid used to clean hospital floors

Advertisement