Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperately need help

Options
  • 24-12-2015 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

My Mother's Sony Xperia M2 has a pin screen lock on that we are unable to unlock. She never had a lock on it but one has appeared since last night (i suspect either the 4 yr old or 3 yr old got their hands on it). Anyway, usually it wouldnt matter, but my sister passed three weeks ago and the phone had not been backed up in months so the only option seems to be to completely reset the phone but then she'd loose all her txts, photos, etc and that is beyond devastating so Im here with a desperate plea for any help at all. I have tried Android Device Manager and countless google searches but no luck as of yet. Just wondering if theres any way at all to disable the screen lock or get all the txt msgs, etc off the phone?

Thanks for any suggestions x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Has the phone got a recovery partition? If so, it may be possible to get USB access through it, or reset the phone while keeping her data intact.

Long shot I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 35 veghead

Thanks Digital Solitude. Unfortunately, I cant access the screen to connect it to computer. It dings when connected to computer but I cant actually get into it, it just charges by default.

I know, Im pretty sure theres nothing that can be done apart from typing in every possible combination of numbers until I get the right one so unless someone has a better idea, I think I shall be spending the next year doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

Perhaps she had a Google account on the phone and the pictures were being backed up automatically? Get her log on details and go to https://photos.google.com and sign in - hopefully they are there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If you enter in the pin wrong enough times it'll ask for her google account password. Can't remember if it then asks for the pin again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

ciarano wrote: »
    Try you tube normally there's a solution there sent link might work otherwise take to a reputable repair shop they might have software to over ride hope this helps

Is there an SD card in the phone. Photos could be on that if so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 veghead

superb choice of username & mordeith - Thanks, there were some photos on her sdcard and the rest were saved in her google account thankfully.

FrostyJim - That option is not coming up, it just keeps asking for the screen lock pin.

Thankfully she has the photos back but no joy getting into the phone to retrieve her texts.

Thanks for all the ideas, its very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hopskipandjump

What happens when you try Android Device Manager, if you click the lock option, does it not allow you to reset the password from there? My nephew locked me out of my phone a few weeks ago trying to unsuccessfully use my fingerprint to unlock it. I couldn't remember my backup password and the phone appeared to be totally screwed. I googled and eventually was able to reset the password on the phone using the above. Don't wipe all data on the phone yet, there is a way around it and hopefully you'll get a solution very soon.

Advertisement