Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBE vs Ethos

Options
  • 24-12-2015 6:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Any opinions on the Benelli Super Black Eagle versus/or the Ethos?

Is the Ethos worth an extra 25%?

Looking for a nice semi sometime next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

FISMA. wrote: »
    Any opinions on the Benelli Super Black Eagle versus/or the Ethos?

Is the Ethos worth an extra 25%?

Looking for a nice semi sometime next year.

I have a Benelli Montrefeltro (left - handed) semi-auto for many, many years and never had any problem with it...I love Benelli's ....their balance, recoil system etc.

The Ethos looks a beauty......really nice gun.

I have no experience with it but on the web some are complaining of FTF (Failure To Feed) and FTE (Failure To Eject) ...............not sure if this is a common issue or just a few teething problems.

Maybe do some research on the web on FTF and FTE problems with the Ethos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

J.R. wrote: »
    I have a Benelli Montrefeltro (left - handed) semi-auto for many, many years and never had any problem with it...I love Benelli's ....their balance, recoil system etc.

Hi J.R.

I have put a deposit on a Benelli Montefeltro. Any info you would like to share on this shotgun is most appreciated.

sorry for mini hijack

goz83 wrote: »
    Hi J.R.

I have put a deposit on a Benelli Montefeltro. Any info you would like to share on this shotgun is most appreciated.

sorry for mini hijack

I find the gun really comfortable to shoot & handle. The narrow fore-end makes it handle like an O/U.

The only "problem" I ever had with it was I found the length of pull a bit short for me. I added a recoil pad and it fitted perfect then. I'm 6' 2" and 18 stone so it felt somewhat short but it may be perfect for you.

The gun comes with shims to allow adjustment up & down and left & right. It is well worth testing your aiming point and making sure you have the correct shim inserted...you may be lucky and the factory fitted one may suit you. Just fire at a target and if bang on you're lucky....if you are high or off to the left / right you can adjust it.

The Benelli inertia recoil system does not clog up with gunk & cause problems like other semi -autos...it's practically maintenance free and simple to clean.

Every few months when cleaning it I also push the cleaning mop up the magazine tube ...lubricates it and keeps it running sweet.

I do a lot of pigeon decoying & crow shooting where I often fire two or three shots...it has never jammed or let me down once...........over 12,000 shells through it now.

I would never change it.

I also have a Bettinsoli O/U which I use for the odd day at clays but in the fields I always take out the Benelli...prefer it.

You'll be very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Cheers for that J.R.

The only unfortunate thing is the gun is that the original case is not present, so I don't get the original gear that would have come with it. Any recommendations as to where I might pick up replacements?

It wasn't enough to put me off it and I liked how solid it felt. I am 6ft and I think it fits well. I just need to get used to holding a gun....full stop.

goz83 wrote: »
    Cheers for that J.R.

The only unfortunate thing is the gun is that the original case is not present, so I don't get the original gear that would have come with it. Any recommendations as to where I might pick up replacements?

It wasn't enough to put me off it and I liked how solid it felt. I am 6ft and I think it fits well. I just need to get used to holding a gun....full stop.

All that came in the original cardboard box was the gun, 5 chokes & choke key and a set of shims.

They are a great gun...mine is as tight, smooth and as solid as the day I took it out of the box.

You may not need the shims...the factory sets inserted may suit or they can be reversed to alter cast etc.

This explanation below will explain a test to see if it shoots okay.

If it's accurate for you leave it alone.....if it's not accurate don't blame the gun...it's the shims.

Best of luck with it.

http://bbs.shootingsportsman.com/showthread.php?3941-How-to-figure-(test)-for-stock-drop-amp-cast-on-Benelli-Montefeltro

• Advertisement
Advertisement