Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skiing in Eastern Europe

• 24-12-2015 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Anyone done much skiing in Eastern Europe? I'm going to be in Warsaw for the rest of winter and would like to try skiing a bit when I'm there. Has anyone skied Poland/Slovakia/Hungary & the Czech and can tell me how they compare/where is best to go generally?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

a lot of info on www.snowheads.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

some guy wrote a post about it last year and recommended it. zakopane said it was good it is a bit away from Warsaw. here

I'd love to try it because it seems so cheap but I'd be afraid that I'd end up somewhere where nobody speaks english.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭enricoh

Skied in zakopane a few years ago but didn't think much of it to be honest.
    Runs aren't connected to each other and are very busy. Nice village though

Went to Jasna in Slovakia n would recommend that. Loads of snow n slopes, cheap enough too. Not wild apres ski but skiing more than makes up for it

Advertisement