Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

C4 Grand Picasso (and others)

Options
  • 24-12-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Anyone own a >2014 version of this? If so, does anyone have the Exclusive and an opinion on it?

I've been looking at 7-seater options for ages and thinking of getting one in 161. My big issue was spare wheel, but Citroen actually have the option of a space saver now which is great.

I previously thought buying new was mad, but relative to the second hand prices I'm seeing, and factoring in 5-year warranty and service pack etc it seems reasonable enough. I'm hearing the 1.6 diesel is incredible efficient too as well as minimal road tax. For around € 32K (discounted) you can get a very highly specced car with the style pack, spare wheel, metallic. My thoughts are that after 5 years this should still be worth >€ 15K (or am I mad?) so depreciation not horrendous.

For that sort of money (incl second hand options) is there anything I should be considering instead with 7 seats and lots of gadgets? For new the only similar I'm thinking might be Verso?

S-Max/Alahambra/Touran/Santa Fe/X-Trail/E-Class are too much. Everyone telling me avoid Renault. Not mad on the 5008. Like Carens but a bit on the small side. Mazda5 looks a bit boxy. Don't know enough to consider Prius+.

Did I hear Skoda will have a 7-seater next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

g0g wrote: »
    Anyone own a >2014 version of this? If so, does anyone have the Exclusive and an opinion on it?

I've been looking at 7-seater options for ages and thinking of getting one in 161. My big issue was spare wheel, but Citroen actually have the option of a space saver now which is great.

I previously thought buying new was mad, but relative to the second hand prices I'm seeing, and factoring in 5-year warranty and service pack etc it seems reasonable enough. I'm hearing the 1.6 diesel is incredible efficient too as well as minimal road tax. For around € 32K (discounted) you can get a very highly specced car with the style pack, spare wheel, metallic. My thoughts are that after 5 years this should still be worth >€ 15K (or am I mad?) so depreciation not horrendous.

For that sort of money (incl second hand options) is there anything I should be considering instead with 7 seats and lots of gadgets? For new the only similar I'm thinking might be Verso?

S-Max/Alahambra/Touran/Santa Fe/X-Trail/E-Class are too much. Everyone telling me avoid Renault. Not mad on the 5008. Like Carens but a bit on the small side. Mazda5 looks a bit boxy. Don't know enough to consider Prius+.

Did I hear Skoda will have a 7-seater next year?

Wife replaced her 08 c4 grand Picasso with a 152 model in August, bought using a pcp over 3 years. I think it's the executive model, the middle of the 3 versions.

There isn't a lot of difference between the 2 cars, the new one is probably more solid on the road , plenty of space and ideal for us with 3 young kids. I wouldn't be inclined to keep a c4 above 100k miles as we'd began to have issues with the 08.

As regards other 7 seaters, they all seem a lot more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

searay wrote: »
    Wife replaced her 08 c4 grand Picasso with a 152 model in August, bought using a pcp over 3 years. I think it's the executive model, the middle of the 3 versions.

There isn't a lot of difference between the 2 cars, the new one is probably more solid on the road , plenty of space and ideal for us with 3 young kids. I wouldn't be inclined to keep a c4 above 100k miles as we'd began to have issues with the 08.

As regards other 7 seaters, they all seem a lot more expensive.
    Thanks for that!
    Yeah I think it's VTR --> VTR+ --> Exclusive --> Exclusive+
    How do you find the touch screen interface? A few of the reviews I read said it was a bit clunky. I didn't get to muck around with it much during the test drive. Out of curiosity what value did you get on the 08? I'm curious on depreciation on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MM3

We've put 15K km on an exclusive from new and tbh it's been flawless. Very comfortable on long journeys and kids love the space. Nothing special to drive but that's not the primary reason to purchase a car like this. Fuel economy has been around 6 l/100km .

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

MM3 wrote: »
    We've put 15K km on an exclusive from new and tbh it's been flawless. Very comfortable on long journeys and kids love the space. Nothing special to drive but that's not the primary reason to purchase a car like this. Fuel economy has been around 6 l/100km .

M
    Thanks, great to hear positive feedback! Still haven't made final decision - am I mad to be blowing cash on brand new!?

Advertisement