Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

this man speaks the truth -

he singles out Woodward, however i think he is also insinuating others here, i wonder is it Fergie and Giggs???

or just the Glazers?

Pilib de Brún ‏@Malachians
    No point in being angry at LVG now, blame the gutless spineless, self serving individual(s) who are putting themselves before Utd.

Unless Utd change in how they run the club, you're asking a manager to come in & work miracles. Recruitment is an embarrassment.

The club typically prioritize "brands" in the transfer market, so do Real Madrid but they sign them, Woodward doesn't.

It's absolutely amazing to me the Utd fans haven't ever turned on Woodward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dont think we need a DOF, as they normally are a disaster. we do need a CEO/chairman however to concentrate on football matters and allow Woodward to carry on his work with the sponsorship and commercial side.

a daniel levy type man, absolutely ruthless would be ideal. dont know if any of our former players have the ability to do it though, but the club badly needs a presence who can rattle the Glazers and bring this club back on track football wise.

Woodward as CEO is fine - as a business he is running the club brilliantly.

I would absolutely be in favour of a sporting director type role being brought in at the club - with someone experienced in running a club from an admin perspective. Or at least someone who could dedicate their time to it. I believe it is actually a role Gary Neville has previously said he would like (as opposed to manager). Not that I am bigging him up for that role.

I wouldn't be looking at Fergie for it though. The squad was in a terribly state when he left, imo. The current youth system can be attributed to him, as is the scouting network that both Moyes and LVG were shocked by. Fergie would absolutely not be a good appointment to such a role.

I would be 100% in favour of such a role being created though.

this man speaks the truth -

he singles out Woodward, however i think he is also insinuating others here, i wonder is it Fergie and Giggs???

or just the Glazers?

Its all of them.

I believe he is of the opinion that there are a load of them at it in terms of political power moves behind the scenes.

As for fans turning on Woodward - you just have to look at this thread. His sponsorship record and signings of Di Maria etc give him a free pass. People don't think he tried to sign Fabregas, or Neymar, or Bale, or Ronaldo, or Thiago - people don't believe time was wasted chasing these players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

A new manager needs to be put in asap if lvg is going. There is only a week left in the transfer window and a new manager would want at least 2 new players imo. It amazes me that united didn't bring in anyone yet, 1 non superstar could have made a difference. The longer the season goes on tiredness will play a bigger part with a smaller squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

jayo26 wrote: »
    I've not much problems with giggs Coming in at this stage either if we're not going to get jose and they have a plan for someone else in the summer.

One issue is that the staff are mostly lvg and I know it was same with moyse but this time they are all Dutch and loyal lvg where as before I think moyse staff stayed on.

Maybe if giggs is coming in get back in rene or phelen to help. Id cringe if i seen scholes coming back again.

Its sad it's come to this. I do think LVG himself is disappointed at the way we are playing, he said so himself in the sense the fans are correct to boo him and the team. The sad thing for me really is that a manager who has won so much can't find any solution to rectify the situation. He's also clearly doubting his managerial prowess "maybe I was a great manager" was a quote that stood out for me.

He's tried to attack, albeit very little. But, when he has taken the reigns off against Newcastle and Wolfsberg we've shown just how bad we are at defending so it's not surprising really that he's reverted back to a negative, control type game.

I do think however that the 11 he fields should do better than they're showing on the field. Bar one or two they have been horrible. When Martial gets the ball he's running at defenders and taking risks so it's obvious the LVG is not as restrictive as we all believe he is.

Again, I'm annoyed it's not worked out. 2 years ago he was my choice after Moyes. Sadly however he just has not worked out. I do however believe and from listening to people he's worked hard on the overall structure behind the scenes so hopefully that resonates through in to the future.

With that said I think it's time he was removed from United. I don't even care if it's Giggs now but anything other than 11 games where we have failed to score in a first half at home would be better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

And Januzaj wearing no.11

He only got about 5 mins yesterday , but still managed to give away a brainless free that Southampton scored from

Correction : he also managed a badly mis-hit shot

He has been at Dortmund for the last few months , so not sure we can even blame LVG on this one

Rash challenge alright , but only on the pitch a few seconds and it was unfortunate that they scored from it. But Mcnair left Austin a free header in the 6 yard box...Charlie Austin...In the 6 yard box unmarked.

He didn't mis hit the shot either , it was on his right foot and it was the only angle he could get a shot through the two defenders.

A new manager needs to be put in asap if lvg is going. There is only a week left in the transfer window and a new manager would want at least 2 new players imo.

this window is a right off i think now. we may get in a full back due to the recent injury crisis but apart from that, i think weve botched this window.

which top class player in their right mind would sign for us given the current situation? there was talk at the game on saturday that we were struggling to sign top class players this window (added to the normal january issues which are already difficult) due to the simple fact that LVG has so little stock in the game at the moment, that nobody worth their salt will play for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Which top class player was going to move in the January transfer window regardless?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yeah the talk seems to be the end game is in sight for Van Gaal.

United fans can take no more of the exceptionally poor football.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yeah the talk seems to be the end game is in sight for Van Gaal.

United fans can take no more of the exceptionally poor football.

something new happened this morning or you just going off the papers talk that weve been discussing since last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

10.55am....

55568.jpg

..... No sacking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Quandary wrote: »
    10.55am....

55568.jpg

..... No sacking

Give it til 1pm when NYSE opens for trading.
    Stuff like this has to be announced then.

Please god don't let it be that Giggs is interim manager... otherwise we're goosed for 4th place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

10.55am....

55568.jpg

..... No sacking

He will get to the Derby game at this stage, scrape a one nil and be given another 6 weeks!! Shambles

something new happened this morning or you just going off the papers talk that weve been discussing since last night?

Just a feeling, stuff that Van Gaal said and what some journalists are saying.

Van Gaal did say he 'cannot reach the expectations of the fans'. That is a sign he wants out.

brinty wrote: »
    Give it til 1pm when NYSE opens for trading.
    Stuff like this has to be announced then.

Please god don't let it be that Giggs is interim manager... otherwise we're goosed for 4th place

No it doesn't.

It needs to be made public as soon as it has happened. They don't need to wait for the NYSE, and it may even be considered insider trading if they did.

If LVG handed in his resignation on Saturday, and it was accepted on Saturday, they would need to have announced it on Saturday.

The only reason for no announcement having been made is because there is no announcement to make (yet?).

Just a feeling, stuff that Van Gaal said and what some journalists are saying.

Van Gaal did say he 'cannot reach the expectations of the fans'. That is a sign he wants out.

Well if he offered to resign after the Stoke game (and one other game) then it is clear he doesn't feel he is up to the job, and that it is United that are keeping him in place rather than him being too stubborn to admit his failings.

for those of you who dont acknowledge the opinion of those who believe the current football is the worst seen in 30-40 years , this stat maybe an eye opener.
    #mufc current league goals scored total of 28 goals, is the 2nd worst (by 1 goal) since the club was relegated in 1974.

that means up until Newcastle, we had our lowest return in front of goal for 42 years and failure to score 3 goals in the next 2 games will see that return again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He will get to the Derby game at this stage, scrape a one nil and be given another 6 weeks!! Shambles

Unfortunately thats how it's looking, there isn't a whimper coming from the club, not even a bit of decent hopeful speculation or anything my guess is he will be left in charge.

Even at this stage even if he did want to go and they asked him to wait to end of season wouldnt it be best for them to come out and say it with moral been so low and obviously support for lvg been so low.

One last theory could be lvg tried to quit again and he is gone over Holland think it over and comes back today to decide. I donno but im hoping he just fecks off.

for those of you who dont acknowledge the opinion of those who believe the current football is the worst seen in 30-40 years , this stat maybe an eye opener.

that means up until Newcastle, we had our lowest return in front of goal for 42 years and failure to score 3 goals in the next 2 games will see that return again.

The football is dire, I was giving him time to turn it around but the Southampton game was proof it is not happening.

The Newcastle game was fun to watch apart from the result but in the past 13 games we have 3 wins 5 draws and 5 losses.
    It is a disgrace and there is no improvement coming.

James Ducker had it confirmed that Utd were always due to have yest and today off.

• Advertisement

t in the past 13 games we have 3 wins 5 draws and 5 losses.

we have lost 11 points on Leceister in that period, and 8 on Spurs.

in the last 10 games we are joint 17th in the form table 2 points ahead of Villa in 20th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

No it doesn't.

It needs to be made public as soon as it has happened. They don't need to wait for the NYSE, and it may even be considered insider trading if they did.

If LVG handed in his resignation on Saturday, and it was accepted on Saturday, they would need to have announced it on Saturday.

The only reason for no announcement having been made is because there is no announcement to make (yet?).

I'd imagine the board would need to meet to discuss any potential resignation acceptance or firing and they'd be on US time so you'd probably be waiting until some time in the afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

And yet people will still claim things were worse under Moyes. There is some weird myopia when it comes to Van Gaal, he has gotten away with bloody murder since he arrived, there were just so many people who couldn't see the bigger picture, that what was happening on the field was extremely worrying and damaging in the long term.

The current abject standards are the end result of 18 months of people blindly ignoring what was in front of them because of a misplaced belief that LVG was a sure thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Unfortunately it looks like the business and the egos of the people running the club are more important than the actual team and their performance on the field. The club should have acted 2 months ago. Can anyone honestly say that if Giggs was appointed as interim boss till the end of the season that the football would be worse than what we're watching now. I wouldn't be a fan of sacking managers on a whim but there's no possibility of improvement under LVG.

s.welstead wrote: »
    I'd imagine the board would need to meet to discuss any potential resignation acceptance or firing and they'd be on US time so you'd probably be waiting until some time in the afternoon

They could have had a conference call at any point yesterday, should they have wished to do so. They had a sunday meeting when Moyes' time came to an end.

As I said at the weekend - it should be the end for LVG, but I don't see United sacking him. I think the leadership at United is incapable of making a move here, for whatever reasons, and we will continue to limp on to abject failure under LVG. Until everyone is put out of their misery in the summer.

This situation is making the club a laughing stock - no other club would have displayed such inaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

s.welstead wrote: »

The Fergie retirement and Moyes sacking were announced by the club early in the morning - around 8 or 9.

The LVG appointment was announced in the afternoon.

It could happen at any stage. But as I said last night, I really wouldn't be expecting it to happen today IF LVG has gone back to Holland. It would be far more likely to happen when he comes back.

Blatter wrote: »
    The Fergie retirement and Moyes sacking were announced by the club early in the morning - around 8 or 9.

The LVG appointment was announced in the afternoon.

It could happen at any stage. But as I said last night, I really wouldn't be expecting it to happen today IF LVG has gone back to Holland. It would be far more likely to happen when he comes back.

if he is not sacked today (which i dont think he will), he is in charge for Derby and Stoke i believe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blatter wrote: »

My memories of the Moyes sacking was that it was official round lunch time; I remember sitting having lunch, seeing it on the iPad and telling my brother to go to Sky News. But that the press got wind of it very early in the morning, and leaked it, and there was a massive backlash from a lot of people for that fact. IIRC, people didn't like that the press and fans found out before he did.

My guess is if a sacking does come, they'll avoid letting the press get wind of it too quick. Guess would be that a press conference will be called, Ducker, Ladyman and Ogden will "break" it about an hour before they release their official statement.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My memories of the Moyes sacking was that it was official round lunch time; I remember sitting having lunch, seeing it on the iPad and telling my brother to go to Sky News. But that the press got wind of it very early in the morning, and leaked it, and there was a massive backlash from a lot of people for that fact. IIRC, people didn't like that the press and fans found out before he did.

My guess is if a sacking does come, they'll avoid letting the press get wind of it too quick. Guess would be that a press conference will be called, Ducker, Ladyman and Ogden will "break" it about an hour before they release their official statement.

It was Easter weekend I remeber, Everton beat us Sunday and on the Bank Holiday Monday the press got wind of it and it was known around 2ish, official conformation came at 9am the Tuesday, remeber Gary Nevill going apesh*t on MNF about the leak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Van Gaal will be sacked today

I can feel it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It was Easter weekend I remeber, Everton beat us Sunday and on the Bank Holiday Monday the press got wind of it and it was known around 2ish, official conformation came at 9am the Tuesday, remeber Gary Nevill going apesh*t on MNF about the leak.

AH! I stand corrected then, I knew that lunch was involved somewhere :P

Ducker, Ladyman and Ogden will "break" it about an hour before they release their official statement.

after what he wrote about Woodward this morning, i doubt Ogden has any direct info to Woodward or at least, he wont anymore.
    The answer to that remains a mystery but there has been little evidence in recent months of any clear direction being pursued by the man at the top.

After two and a half years of drift and expensive failure since Woodward succeeded David Gill as United’s most senior official, the inability of both Van Gaal and David Moyes to breathe new life into the team of champions left behind by Sir Alex Ferguson is as much down to him as his two managers.

Five more months of drift over the manager and United will see transfer targets move elsewhere, so whatever Woodward does now with Van Gaal will have implications for the summer and beyond.

City could secure the best manager and best players while United and Woodward decide what to do and that would set the club back even further.

If Mourinho is ready and willing to move to Old Trafford, Woodward can at least devise his own three-year plan with the Portuguese.

With Van Gaal, uncertainty clouds everything and United have already spent too long fumbling around in the fog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ugh this talk of Giggs.

If Woodward removes Van Gaal, and doesn't have Mourinho lined up ready to unveil, he should pack his own bags and follow Van Gaal. It would be an absolute calamity to promote Giggs, whilst we are in a position where CL is not secured and still very much viable.

When Van Gaal does go, and it feels inevitable now, like its drifting week to week, there needs to be an intense spotlight put onto the hierarchy in general.

Obviously none of us know for certain what is going on or does go on, but if some reports are even remotely accurate, that there is a power base of Ferguson and Gill trying to influence and manipulate portions of the club, to the clubs detriment, they should be shown the door. Club needs to find it's feet without them, for as much as they did for the club, if they are being a hindrance now, they should be shown the door.

It's so frustrating not knowing what is going on at the club, but clearly something destructive and poisonous is going on. There needs to be a proper structure put in place post Ferguson, that can withstand what is going to be a succession of short term, 2-3 seasons a piece, managers.

While Van Gaal will most likely end in being fired or resigning, he wouldn't be a bad shout as our first Director of Football/ Technical Director. There can be such a waste of knowledge in football, especially in English clubs and the country itself, where it just heaps people to the dust bin, rather then look at something that might suit them better. Sure it hasn't worked out for Van Gaal, but this is a man of incredible knowledge, a pioneer of modern football, and still clearly has a good eye for talent and youth.

The head of the youth academy might be a big step down for him(although who knows, out of the spotlight working with what he clearly likes doing) might be a good shout rather then him just outright retiring. But as a technical/sporting director he could be excellent. Can't think of a signing he made where I went "ah what the **** is that", they they havnt hit potential is not exactly an issue with his initial identification of players.

I really just feel a new model is required,and we cant keep moving short term to short term hoping for the best. If Van Gaal does get sacked and Giggs put in charge, it does show a hand that the club are very much unorganised and there is no contingencies or proper planning

Ugh this talk of Giggs.

If Woodward removes Van Gaal, and doesn't have Mourinho lined up ready to unveil, he should pack his own bags and follow Van Gaal. It would be an absolute calamity to promote Giggs, whilst we are in a position where CL is not secured and still very much viable.

When Van Gaal does go, and it feels inevitable now, like its drifting week to week, there needs to be an intense spotlight put onto the hierarchy in general.

Obviously none of us know for certain what is going on or does go on, but if some reports are even remotely accurate, that there is a power base of Ferguson and Gill trying to influence and manipulate portions of the club, to the clubs detriment, they should be shown the door. Club needs to find it's feet without them, for as much as they did for the club, if they are being a hindrance now, they should be shown the door.

It's so frustrating not knowing what is going on at the club, but clearly something destructive and poisonous is going on. There needs to be a proper structure put in place post Ferguson, that can withstand what is going to be a succession of short term, 2-3 seasons a piece, managers.

While Van Gaal will most likely end in being fired or resigning, he wouldn't be a bad shout as our first Director of Football/ Technical Director. There can be such a waste of knowledge in football, especially in English clubs and the country itself, where it just heaps people to the dust bin, rather then look at something that might suit them better. Sure it hasn't worked out for Van Gaal, but this is a man of incredible knowledge, a pioneer of modern football, and still clearly has a good eye for talent and youth.

The head of the youth academy might be a big step down for him(although who knows, out of the spotlight working with what he clearly likes doing) might be a good shout rather then him just outright retiring. But as a technical/sporting director he could be excellent. Can't think of a signing he made where I went "ah what the **** is that", they they havnt hit potential is not exactly an issue with his initial identification of players.

I really just feel a new model is required,and we cant keep moving short term to short term hoping for the best. If Van Gaal does get sacked and Giggs put in charge, it does show a hand that the club are very much unorganised and there is no contingencies or proper planning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If you Google to find the official United statement when Moyes was sacked, it was at 8.30 in the morning. It was leaked to the press the day before at about lunchtime.

I don't think anything like that will be leaked again (at least not intentionally). When it happens, there'll just be a statement and that'll be that.

Under Moyes we were still in the CL, we scored five goals away to Bayer Leverkusen.
    We didn't make a show of ourselves against Bayern Munich.

Moyes in the CL was quite good.
    Moyes in the PL was not good, but Moyes had more points than we do right now, and we were scoring more, but nowhere near enough even then, the goal scoring trend has been going down for the past few years.

Van Gaal has us passing the ball better but we are less productive with the possession we have, it leads nowhere and that is what is going to be the end of his career at United. The football going nowhere both in terms of goal scoring and in terms of improvements on the pitch.

At this stage I would say Moyes did a slightly better job, great that LVG got us back into the CL, but we did nothing when in it which is near as bad as not getting in, except the club gets more money for qualifying.

There is no reason to keep Van Gaal on, and if Pep is still a live possibility I would rather Giggs with Fergie helping him until the end of the season.
    If Pep is totally off the table then get in Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Be grand lads. Just batten down the hatches and ride Van Gaal out for the next few months and it will be all worth it when Pep arrives in the summer and starts scooping up armfuls of silverware.

Why are you looking at me like that? No I haven't been drinking. It's Monday morning. *opens vodka*

giphy.gif

This twitter account is a disgrace - https://twitter.com/JHernandezEsp

https://twitter.com/JHernandezEsp/status/691591760376655872

BREAKING: Louis van Gaal rushed to hospital after a suspected suicide attempt in Netherlands. More soon.

BREAKING: Louis van Gaal rushed to hospital after a suspected suicide attempt in Netherlands. More soon.

Deleted now, still leaving the tweets that he has resigned.

"freelance journalist", it's no wonder that profession is in the dregs, what a horrible individual.

• Advertisement

Thats horrific

TheDoc wrote: »
    Deleted now, still leaving the tweets that he has resigned.

"freelance journalist", it's no wonder that profession is in the dregs, what a horrible individual.

You mean some spotty 16 year old geek from Essex ?

There's 1000's of those troll accounts around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Giggs is made interim manager you can rule Mourinho out of ever getting the job imo, a good few places have said that the club know Pep is going to City so aren't after him too

Simeone is probably best of the rest, Chelsea will be looking for a new manager and I think he suits them more than us that's if he leaves Atletico which doesn't look likely

What about the Italians are they out of bounds come the end of the season? Allegri maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

10.55am....

55568.jpg

..... No sacking

lol that has cheered me up today

What about the Italians are they out of bounds come the end of the season? Allegri maybe?

I think Villa Boas should factor into any conversation, but I guess its some personal preference. I think he is a good manager, young and ambitious, and appears to have a number of strong qualities.

Felt he got a raw deal at both Spurs and Chelsea, but I really like his temperament and the football his teams play.

Floating a bit under the radar with Zenit, but by his own admission he will be leaving, and the country itself bringing in legislation to ban foreign nationals managing Russian sporting teams, I feel he is a name that should be in the mix.

While not in the top echelon of managers, I'd have him ahead of Kooman, Pochetino and that level of manager being spoken about.

Although again there is a certain personal preference there, always struck a chord with me and someone I was very fond of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Because Moyes and Van Gaal ****ed up so royally the club can't really afford to take a chance on somebody like Villas Boas. Maybe in 3 years time if we have stabilised we can take a chance on somebody like him but right now, there is only one viable option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

TheDoc wrote: »
    Ugh this talk of Giggs.

That isn't clear at all. You are just being extremely gullible and excitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

There is one week left until the transfer window shuts. If anyone comes in then they dont have hardly any time to bring in players and assess where the squad is at currently. I find it incredible that the club has failed to act - with the sponsors the club has, another year without Champions League Football is unthinkable and I would be surprised if the sponsors havent said that in no uncertain terms. Its clear that the dressing room is gone, the change has to be made now, today. Either bring Ferguson back down out of the stands for the rest of the season as he said he would do or bring in Mourinho. No point pussy footing around anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Allegri would be a pipe dream IMO. There will be very little chance of attracting him away from Juventus if they win the league after their start. The problem with Allegri and Simeone is that both would be taking a step down to come here as both Atleti and Juventus are in a far better position than we're now.

I think we should start by appointing a sporting director and work from there. Over the past couple of years the club has been decimated by a lack of oversight on the sporting activities of the club, despite spending a vast sum of money. The academy and the first team have performed well below par and the investment hasn't even produced a modest return.

As far appointing a manager; it's well reported that it won't be Pep or Mourinho. That leaves us with an extremely narrow pool of available managers. My preference is obviously for Sampaoli as it's been a long time since we've seen a decent brand of football at United. The last exciting United team had a lot of input from Queiroz, since then we've been fairly poor to watch. But any of Allegri, Simeone, Pochettino would be good appointments IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement