Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

bangkok wrote: »

(video from the above link) Remember how great Rooney's control could be? *sob*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

RobertKK wrote: »
    The other day I was talking about the difference between the player and the person, and how the person can make one not like the player despite their talent.

Read this Sport Witness article about Vidic.
    Shows what a great person he is, apart from being the great player he was.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/693066538266578946

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/nemanja-vidic-inspired-by-tragedy-to-become-a-man-united-great

him posing for a pic signing for Inter Milan as captain of our club, doesnt sit well with me. Moyes needed support, he was the first one to bail.

great player, ill give him that but he could have kept it quiet, signed for them but made an agreement not to release details until June 1st and kept it all in house. was a small nail in the Moyes coffin, and at that time he needed support, not players jumping ship.

bangkok wrote: »
    we probably would have signed him for £40m

Fergie never minded breaking records, he broke the world record fee for a teenage Ronaldo, paid huge money another world record for Wayne Rooney, Paid over 20m for a teenage Anderson.

this is true also..i think the hazard money would have been paid, the problem is the £5m agent fees which Fergie right stood his ground and said f off.

morally he was correct, but overall it probably wasnt a good deal for United, at the end of the day we could have done with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

him posing for a pic signing for Inter Milan as captain of our club, doesnt sit well with me. Moyes needed support, he was the first one to bail.

great player, ill give him that but he could have kept it quiet, signed for them but made an agreement not to release details until June 1st and kept it all in house. was a small nail in the Moyes coffin, and at that time he needed support, not players jumping ship.

His time was up anyway, he only played 28 games for Inter after leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

this is true also..i think the hazard money would have been paid, the problem is the £5m agent fees which Fergie right stood his ground and said f off.

morally he was correct, but overall it probably wasnt a good deal for United, at the end of the day we could have done with him.

Hazard acted the plonk as well, making Youtube videos deciding if he would be wearing Man City blue or Man Utd red next season while he was playing with Lille. He ended up signing for Chelsea.

Gone mad

Man Utd -2
    Rooney 2 goals or more
    3-0 correct score
    Rooney MOTM 7-1 :eek:

Golf
    Matsyuma ew

*cracks open beer*

heres to a good goal scoring weekend

I don't think your view is very balanced in terms of how you view Vidic situation versus DiMaria especially when you factor in what both players brought to the club

I don't think your view is very balanced in terms of how you view Vidic situation versus DiMaria especially when you factor in what both players brought to the club

Vidic was club captain, posing mid season signing for another club is not how a captain should behave no matter what the circumstances are. he left for money, a bigger pay day than what United were offering a player of his age (longer contract).

I believe Di Maria was badly treated by LVG, as other players were. i dont blame him for leaving this mess.

Of course, you could say the same for Vidic but he could have kept it to himself and not announced he was leaving until the season was over.

Vidic was club captain, posing mid season signing for another club is not how a captain should behave no matter what the circumstances are. he left for money, a bigger pay day than what United were offering a player of his age (longer contract).

I believe Di Maria was badly treated by LVG, as other players were. i dont blame him for leaving this mess.

Of course, you could say the same for Vidic but he could have kept it to himself and not announced he was leaving until the season was over.

I agree with you about Vidic just don't think it matches the view on DiMaria but I won't be changing your mind :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Sad times lads.

I rejected an offer for Mata from Real Madrid on FM.

He told me United will never come close to Real and he wants to go. :(

Do I let him go or keep him against his will?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Sad times lads.

I rejected an offer for Mata from Real Madrid on FM.

He told me United will never come close to Real and he wants to go. :(

Do I let him go or keep him against his will?

F*ck him - send him packing. That's not the real Mata. He would never say such a thing.

F*ck him - send him packing. That's not the real Mata. He would never say such a thing.

I know, something has changed with him.

Maybe he feals angry that I made Herrera captain and not him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I know, something has changed with him.

Maybe he feals angry that I made Herrera captain and not him.

See this is exactly how you can tell he is an imposter. The real Mata would be delighted for Herrera.

See this is exactly how you can tell he is an imposter. The real Mata would be delighted for Herrera.

Money on offer is good, maybe i chance my arm for a player to replace mata.

Im going to go all daniel levy on them. I want Bale in return

Money on offer is good, maybe i chance my arm for a player to replace mata.

Im going to go all daniel levy on them. I want Bale in return

Delay the deal untill last few hours of the transfer window and watch Madrids fax machine fail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Theres a thread for that sh***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

More exciting then the real stuff these days

Literally turned on FM15 after Southampton and stormed a season in a few hours to make myself feel better....Memphis and Mata again being unreal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Humour thread? Cos the idea of Real putting in an offer for Mata is laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bahh humbug

• Advertisement

score predictions?

0-0 is the safe bet, isnt it?

im going for a 2-0 win though, possibly even 3-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

and this is the problem, the money spent in 2014 has hampered peoples opinions, it has made people think we have this amazing squad of top quality players - we dont.

On here I rarely see people make this claim. They may say we have a squad capable of performing better than they currently are. You seem to be arguing a strawman here.
    people for some reason get obsessed with money and spending money means things are great.

Haven't seen anyone make this argument either. I've pointed out to you the net spend when you're trying to claim that the club is ignoring the football side of things in favour of commercial activities. Claiming they are ignoring the football side of things would imply they are starving the club of transfer funds, which is demonstrably false as evidenced by the net spend. There's further evidence that the football side of things takes priority when you look at the fact the club shortened its pre-season tour on the managers insistence that doing so would help increase the chances of winning the league this year.

Also there's no one under the impression that things are going great. No one.

people also ignore, that due to a lack of spending over the years (cash build up of £150-180m), and gross mismanagement of the squad especially in 2013 under Woodward, they had no choice.

United went into that season as champions. It wasn't an unrealistic assumption that the squad at that time would perform better than they ultimately did and weren't in need of massive overhaul. It was a poor transfer window no doubt but there were mitigating factors (new manager who has a reputation for dithering). It could hardly be called "gross mismanagement".

It is odd though that on one hand you claim the club is now unrecognisable from pre-2013, claiming they are NOW neglecting the football side of things whilst then going on to say they had a lack of spending prior to 2013. So when the club wasn't spending much on players they were prioritising the football side of things, but when they do spend lots of money on players they aren't? You're all over the place with this Homer.

people ignore that we have also brought in, £116m in player sales in 14 months, players of which some should never have been allowed to leave the club.

I don't think people have been ignoring that, it's accounted for when people reference net spend.
    so we are spending (or so it seems) yet there is very little to show for it. does that in itself, not tell you something?

It tells me that the club has backed the wrong manager twice since Fergie's departure.
    according to latest projections, the club will take in £1billion pounds in the space of 26 months from last June to September 2017. however.

the actual outlay this summer was minimal. had the DDG deal not fallen through, our actual outlay after sales would have been around £7.1million - a f*ck up/dodgy fax machine brought it up to £28m - as i said, on a level with Palace (£13m outlay), West Ham (£28m) - including their two signings in Janyary, Newcastle have an outlay of £73.15m.

The DDG deal did fall through though so our outlay wasn't minimal. Even if we did sell DDG in the end it doesn't prove anything. It's one Summer in isolation. It's fantasy to assume the club is going to continue to spend massive money every Summer for a variety of reasons. Look at City and Chelsea, they have no shortage of money yet there have been windows when they've invested relatively little.
    we turfed out a shed load of players, which saved us £60m on wages last summer after another £30m was saved on wages by selling out players the summer before so those who are praising the club for spending money, should also look at the cost savings measures that were imposed also, yet at same time left us with a very very bare squad devoid of world class talent.

You have no idea if those sales were imposed or not. You're speculating they were because that suits the narrative you've developed. The poor squad management could entirely be the fault of Van Gaal and given his comments to the press re. his squad size preference and players he's sold it's quite likely that this is the case.
    we are a cash cow for the Glazers and not alot else right now.

Of course we are. They're capitalists, they're not running the club as a charity. However their goals and the goals of fans aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. In order to increase the commercial activities of the club and achieve revenue growth the club need to be successful on the pitch. Now it's entirely possible they don't care about the long-term future of the club and are only interested in generating max profits in the short-term with the intention of selling off their interests but given they've just re-invested about £180m of potential profits back into the club via player signings I don't think that's the case.

Delay the deal untill last few hours of the transfer window and watch Madrids fax machine fail...

Only at 3rd of January, be a long time stalling.

Right back to real life United.

3-0 win tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

score predictions?

0-0 is the safe bet, isnt it?

im going for a 2-0 win though, possibly even 3-0.

Wish it would be 3.0 but I can see 1.1 or 2.0 to Derby. We are just that bad.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Wish it would be 3.0 but I can see 1.1 or 2.0 to Derby. We are just that bad.

Derby are quite bad as of late. If we arnt beating them by a few then it just isn't good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Derby are quite bad as of late. If we arnt beating them by a few then it just isn't good enough.

I can almost guarantee this one will be 0.0 at half time. I can't see us winning.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    I can almost guarantee this one will be 0.0 at half time. I can't see us winning.

Fair enough, im just hoping for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Easy win. Something like 2-0/3-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Fellaini starts again...oh lord. I feel for Memphis..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/693145447804858373

Please can we just score a couple nice goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »
    Easy win. Something like 2-0/3-1.

Derby aint that good id say they will only win 1-0

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CZ6MHDwXEAEuLCw.png:large

Mata in for Herrera. Would have thought Memphis, Perreira and Januzaj would have gotten a run out.

I could only imagine an attack of

Januzaj - Pereira - Depay
    Martial

shame really.

When you see our teamsheets , you realise just how poor our squad is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I don't know who the guy on SSN is right now but he just described that Utd XI as a team full of goals! :pac:

• Advertisement

Last comment about FM.

Real Madrid are a shower of ****s.

First they bid for Mata, I reject and he wants to leave.

Now they bid for my captain Herrera and I reject and he wants to leave as well.

TheTownie wrote: »
    I don't know who the guy on SSN is right now but he just described that Utd XI as a team full of goals! :pac:

David Moyes assistant.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Fellaini starts again...oh lord. I feel for Memphis..

You want Memphis to play Cm/Dm ?

I could only imagine an attack of

Januzaj - Pereira - Depay
    Martial

shame really.

They dont deserve it yet but my god I hope thats the way in goes in the future,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

You want Memphis to play Cm/Dm ?

No I'm shocked that Fel gets to keep his place having being utterly pants for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

If it was a couple of weeks ago I would give Derby some hope, but they were are a bad run at the moment, attrocious last Monday against Burnley !!
    Derby fan here !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

If it was a couple of weeks ago I would give Derby some hope, but they were are a bad run at the moment, attrocious last Monday against Burnley !!
    Derby fan here !!

• I have a feeling Lingard will make me break my remote for a second time in a week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would love to go into a game think I we could thump another team. You would think Derby of all teams would give us that hope...

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Would love to go into a game think I we could thump another team. You would think Derby of all teams would give us that hope...

Watching Friday night football, sipping a beer...sure what could possible go wrong and end up ruining the weekend?

Fair play to the BBC they know how to conduct an interview properly, asked the questions people want asked but remain respectfull

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Watching Friday night football, sipping a beer...sure what could possible go wrong and end up ruining the weekend?

Ditto I fecking love friday night football it will be some addition to the premier league when it comes in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lovely goal from Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I love the way the BBC commentator pronounces Keogh. Kee-Hoe. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

United look docile, stop holding back and fcking demolish them....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement