Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I see an Ed Smirk gif coming :lol:

I was thinking very same haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

J. Marston wrote: »
    Easy win. Something like 2-0/3-1.

Nailed it.

Kinda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Defensively fellaini had a good game good control and clearances from corners, so so on the offensive side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Very happy with that.

Enjoyed that game.

Martial is an unbelievable player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Good performance. It will soften the blow a little for our impending loss against Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Derby just not good enough !! Lucky to keep it at that score...Martial a class act !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

More Varela plaease.

Varela and Borthwick Jackson should start every game until Shaw returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Good result,would be great now if the team can carry it on to the Stoke game next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Martial really could be something else, love watching him :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The greatest result since Moscow!!

Let good times roll!!

Not getting carried away at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Both young fullbacks were excellent. It was the most satisfying performance in a long time.

It was only a Championship side,but I don't give a bollocks,as now my weekend is not ruined.

Martial is a star. Disappointed Pereira didn't get a few minutes. Fingers crossed for a home tie,with whatever minnow we'll draw on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Good to see Rooney get another goal and a very nice one as well, can only help his confidence. The club has bet the entire season on him being able to deliver goals as the main striker. Things will seem brighter if he continues doing so in the PL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

*Double post*

Some nice football played tonight, really enjoyed watching us - especially in the second half.

Rooney with an absolute beaut and his form is there to be commended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lovely break from the doldrums, that was entertaining viewing and, for once, a fully deserved victory. Nice way to start a weekend.

Van Gaal said he was happy 5,500 United fans went to Derby to watch boring Manchester United.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Whoever does those vids for Joe.UK is not paid enough they are almost always quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Lovely break from the doldrums, that was entertaining viewing and, for once, a fully deserved victory. Nice way to start a weekend.

First game I didn't watch, typical!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

scudzilla wrote: »
    Martial is just a beast, do you guys think we're even playing him in his best position?

As Peter Schmeichel said after the game,his best position in current Utd side would be up front with Rooney feeding him passes.

As Peter Schmeichel said after the game,his best position in current Utd side would be up front with Rooney feeding him passes.

The funny thing about that is if things didn't work out the pundits would be saying Rooney has to play as the No 9 and not play as the No 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    First game I didn't watch, typical!

I'll be around later to destroy your television set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The funny thing about that is if things didn't work out the pundits would be saying Rooney has to play as the No 9 and not play as the No 10

The pundits always know best.

TBH, Martial is a 20 year old, first season with a new team. Playing him out on the wing allows him to build up experience without putting the weight of the world on his shoulders as the main man. That is Rooneys role in the team as captain and the main striker, and either Rooney can carry it or he cant. Martial cannot bail him out of it. The UK media love building up young starlets as the second coming of Jesus Christ and then destroying them when they don't play like 27-29 year olds with 8-10 seasons of first team football under their belt.

Martial is special. LVG said earlier that he didn't sign Martial for himself, he signed him for the next Man United manager. All his performances this season are a bonus - United didn't sign proven quality, they signed potential. Martial deserves some protection and some patience. He is not, and should not, be the main central attacking threat this season. I'm completely fine with having him on the wing where he can have performances like he did tonight and get used to the idea of being *better* than the guy marking him. Once he is destroying fullbacks with 2 or 3 seasons under his belt, then move him centrally.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/693147804588466176

Real Madrid and Atletico have their transfer bans suspended as they await appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Our away fans are just ridiculous. Amazing support for the team tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

As expected.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

RobertKK wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/693147804588466176

Real Madrid and Atletico have their transfer bans suspended as they await appeal.

Does that mean they can buy this full summer transfer window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hococop wrote: »

Depends on when the appeal is heard

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So long as good ok' Dave decides he still wants to be a United legend, we'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Hococop wrote: »

That's exactly what it means.

• Advertisement

Madrid will be in big-style for De Gea come the summer.

Madrid will be in big-style for De Gea come the summer.

That was my worry, time to stick a €100 million price tag on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

i thought i read somewhere that the transfer ban was given with enough time for appeals to be done and dusted before the summer window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Great performance last night. Wazza is back, martial is class and verela excellent as well. Blinds finish...sex

bangkok wrote: »
    Great performance last night. Wazza is back, martial is class and verela excellent as well. Blinds finish...sex

Fellaini wasn't bad either, won a lot of headers to clear in defense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dozyart wrote: »
    i thought i read somewhere that the transfer ban was given with enough time for appeals to be done and dusted before the summer window

They are

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

u18s lost again.

This time 1-0 to stoke

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-united/james-lawton-with-van-gaal-in-charge-its-easy-to-see-why-united-desperately-want-guardiola-34406125.html

Independent claiming Woodward is pursuing Guardiola for the United job.
    A majority of the Old Trafford top brass reluctantly decided that the lure of City gold, and a superb infrastructure, had taken out of their reach the man who won two Champions League titles with Barcelona, reshaped the career of Lionel Messi and then, after a sabbatical in New York, cherry-picked the job at Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.

However, some optimists at United, including chief executive Ed Woodward, are persisting in the hope that the challenge of remaking the club, and an aura he has always admired, might yet tempt Guardiola away from what has been so widely deemed to be a fait accompli.

RobertKK wrote: »

He also pursued ronaldo, Bale, Muller and maybe neymar haha. We end up with big Sam

jayo26 wrote: »
    He also pursued ronaldo, Bale, Muller and maybe neymar haha. We end up with big Sam

Well if he wants Neymar, he better get Guardiola -

Neymar said this during the week: “Guardiola is a guy that I really admire and who I would love to work with. “It’s tough to say if I want to play in other countries. Nobody knows tomorrow, but I’m very happy where I am right now, at Barcelona.
    “I have the will to go back to Brazil some day and I also would like to play in the USA, those two countries are two where I want to play later on my career.”

• Advertisement

Robbie Savage last night after the game and on BT this morning telling everyone that Derby were a poor side and hadn't won a game in 5 games in the Championship and that Utd shouldn't get too carried away, "It was only Derby"

Watching the Spurs game now against bottom of League One Colchester Utd

Savage is calling Spurs " A super side"

He is a top class pundit :rolleyes:

Robbie Savage last night after the game and on BT this morning telling everyone that Derby were a poor side and hadn't won a game in 5 games in the Championship and that Utd shouldn't get too carried away, "It was only Derby"

I could be a pundit at this rate. :P :pac:

Game was ok, performance overall was acceptable but nothing to get excited about. I thought Blind and Smalling were quite poor a lot of the time, especially with distribution. Martial is so exciting to watch but he looks like he needs a break and his final touch/ball/decision is so often a let down at the moment. Varela is a bright spark again, caught out a couple of times but to be expected, I enjoyed watching him. CBJ has been very good all things considered.

Rooney was decent, some encouraging signs again and he is showing desire which is very important. Schneiderlin was ok, still playing below himself unfortunately and I thought Fellaini was pretty good in what he was doing, not the best in possession offensively at times . Mata drifted in and out of the game I thought but had some very good moments and I think if he is playing it needs to be centrally or just leave him out. Lingard was poor again, he works alright, but just lacks the quality.

I wouldn't get too excited about it anyway. The team did what was expected, nothing more, nothing less.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Game was ok, performance overall was acceptable but nothing to get excited about. I thought Blind and Smalling were quite poor a lot of the time, especially with distribution. Martial is so exciting to watch but he looks like he needs a break and his final touch/ball/decision is so often a let down at the moment. Varela is a bright spark again, caught out a couple of times but to be expected, I enjoyed watching him. CBJ has been very good all things considered.

Rooney was decent, some encouraging signs again and he is showing desire which is very important. Schneiderlin was ok, still playing below himself unfortunately and I thought Fellaini was pretty good in what he was doing, not the best in possession offensively at times . Mata drifted in and out of the game I thought but had some very good moments and I think if he is playing it needs to be centrally or just leave him out. Lingard was poor again, he works alright, but just lacks the quality.

I wouldn't get too excited about it anyway. The team did what was expected, nothing more, nothing less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

He's a proper fcukin Rodney is what he is.

Robbie Savage is a nothing pundit he achieved nothing as a player he was a nearly man and as a pundit he tries to make his name with outlandish statements.

See him when John Terry had a go back at him he hadn't a clue what to say his response was to make a joke of it and comment about getting personal.

• astradave wrote: »
    :cool:

DB.jpg

Only spotting this now ha

Post of the week people, make it happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

No unexpected results yet in the FA Cup.

Hopefully West Ham can kick out.

• Advertisement

No unexpected results yet in the FA Cup.

Hopefully West Ham can kick out.

To hell with that west brom let me down for €275, I hope we destroy them in the league

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement