Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Hococop wrote: »
    To hell with that west brom let me down for €275, I hope we destroy them in the league

They let me down too the bstards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think Guardiola has the cojones to take the United job, it's a true challenge for him and I would give him a lot of credit if he does instead of the easy option at City

Say what you like about Mourinho but he'd take the job in a heartbeat if offered and most likely win a league within a season or two, the man is a step above all others in that regard even if he'd mess things up in a few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

jayo26 wrote: »
    Robbie Savage is a nothing pundit he achieved nothing as a player he was a nearly man and as a pundit he tries to make his name with outlandish statements.

See him when John Terry had a go back at him he hadn't a clue what to say his response was to make a joke of it and comment about getting personal.
    Savage was a decent player in his day. To say he achieved nothing is harsh.

****e pundit but defo not a nothing player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

He was every bit as reprehensible on the pitch as Diego Costa but with none of the talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Robbie Savage is a nothing pundit he achieved nothing as a player he was a nearly man and as a pundit he tries to make his name with outlandish statements.

See him when John Terry had a go back at him he hadn't a clue what to say his response was to make a joke of it and comment about getting personal.

you mean when John Terry said the opinion of basically every pundit and fan means absolutely nothing to him, and the football world laughed with him? Yeah, that was a damning indictment of people's reasoning skills.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I dont really Think he did achieve much to be honest he started off with one of the most talented teams of a generation he didn't make it with them and he never made it with any other top team. He may of been a decent player but he didn't achieve anything apart from a few promotions I think.

you mean when John Terry said the opinion of basically every pundit and fan means absolutely nothing to him, and the football world laughed with him? Yeah, that was a damning indictment of people's reasoning skills.

I hate jt as much as most people do id never defend him but he was comparing savages opinion to Rio Ferdinands opinion and saying it didn't mean anything to him because he achieved nothing compaired to Ferdinand I can see where he was coming from he was trying to hit Savage where it hurts.

Lets face it id say the majority of the players dont give a toss about many of the pundits or sports writers they just wouldn't say it like John Terry did for that he deserves credit for saying what he feels.

Robbie savages response was good but the reason it was good was because he had prepared for the question that his fellow presenter threw at him and probably was given it as a script, there is noway Savage would have the composure to respond like that if it was on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

AS in Spain say De Gea is top target for Florentino Perez and Real Madrid.
    Claims that Dybala wanted by Barcelona and that could be to replace Neymar who United are 'desperate' to sign.
    United prepared to pay £30 million for Renato Sanches.

Must all be summer targets if true,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I dont really Think he did achieve much to be honest he started off with one of the most talented teams of a generation he didn't make it with them and he never made it with any other top team. He may of been a decent player but he didn't achieve anything apart from a few promotions I think.

I hate jt as much as most people do id never defend him but he was comparing savages opinion to Rio Ferdinands opinion and saying it didn't mean anything to him because he achieved nothing compaired to Ferdinand I can see where he was coming from he was trying to hit Savage where it hurts.

Lets face it id say the majority of the players dont give a toss about many of the pundits or sports writers they just wouldn't say it like John Terry did for that he deserves credit for saying what he feels.

Robbie savages response was good but the reason it was good was because he had prepared for the question that his fellow presenter threw at him and probably was given it as a script, there is noway Savage would have the composure to respond like that if it was on the spot.

Savage plays in a very good Leicester side. He, Neil Lennon and Muzzy Izzet were the centrepieces of Martin O'Neill's team.

Sure, he wasn't a world beater, but he was a good premier league footballer who had a lot of hustle and earned his place on the pitch every week.

Real Madrid are going to sign a £1 billion 10 year contract with Adidas, makes our £750 million look small...

Claims in Portugal that United are in advanced discussions with Benfica for Renato Sanches whom United have scouted several time this season.
    O Jogo the Portuguese paper says United are offer €30 million plus €10 million in bonuses, and want to sign him this window as he is expected to be in demand in the summer.
    Claims United could sign him but let him finish the season with Benfica.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seems to be another Martial, but in midfield?

Something I really noticed the other night was how much Martial flourished when Derby (rather idiotically) didn't mark him out of the game. Most games now, there's 2 or 3 men on him whenever the ball gets near him, but Derby didn't seem capable of doing that.

Which leads me to the following; we really need another player or two that strikes that fear into the opposition so that they can't just mark a single player and neutralize us completely. We are so, so dependent on Martial having a good game right now, which is crazy given his age. He needs other players round him to ease the pressure and give him aide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Turns out good in FM anyway :)

Agree with that TSC, the over reliance on Martial doing something special is too much, if we had even one more player (Memphis was supposed to be him I reckon) who could take the oppositions attentions and stop them doubling up the whole time on him it would be great

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Agree with that TSC, the over reliance on Martial doing something special is too much, if we had even one more player (Memphis was supposed to be him I reckon) who could take the oppositions attentions and stop them doubling up the whole time on him it would be great

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Savage plays in a very good Leicester side. He, Neil Lennon and Muzzy Izzet were the centrepieces of Martin O'Neill's team.

Sure, he wasn't a world beater, but he was a good premier league footballer who had a lot of hustle and earned his place on the pitch every week.

OK we agree on decent then mate.

I wonder is memphis mind elsewhere or what the heck is going on,

I know he wasn't playing well but he wasn't so bad that he doesn't deserve a chance to start in team at all he has been overtaken by lingard who I think is only in half ok form.

Memphis has been doing a lot of traveling with his new flame lately I wonder is this something lvg aint Happy about or something or is he been sidetracked completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

John Terry suggested that because Savage hadn't won Domestic and European titles, his opinions and criticisms hold no weight.

It takes a significant volume of bull**** from one person to get anyone with any level of sense to side with Robbie Savage (a man so lacking in awareness that he has an Armani tattoo)in an argument. In this case however, through disparaging the opinions of football fans everywhere, along with 99.9999% of footballers and managers, John Terry achieved that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I don't think Guardiola has the cojones to take the United job, it's a true challenge for him and I would give him a lot of credit if he does instead of the easy option at City

Say what you like about Mourinho but he'd take the job in a heartbeat if offered and most likely win a league within a season or two, the man is a step above all others in that regard even if he'd mess things up in a few years

I agree with you which is funny in a way that for me United have the name and well prestige of both his previous clubs, but with a lot more rebuilding to do.
    So I dont see him coming to United cause if he failed to get them playing sexy football and dominating he would be considered a bit of a failure, thats why I see him going to city since they already have a squad that should be dominating England

Id like Jose to go to ye, think he could sort ye out pretty fast, would love to see what hed do with Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/639505/Exclusive-Glazer-family-demands-Old-Trafford-cuts-Manchester-United

Very worrying if true, on one hand makes no sense but on the other it does-would also suggest there's no money set aside for players this window perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I went and watched a Benfica game (CL against Athletico from a few months ago; was easier than catching a live Benfica game) because of all this talk of United scouting Renato Sanches. For that very limited viewing, he looks a very exciting player. Fast and strong with a shot on him and very good at running with the ball. He looks like he'd be just what we need at 10 or on the wing. He's also an absolute beast for his age, which can be just as much of a warning sign as a positive.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/639505/Exclusive-Glazer-family-demands-Old-Trafford-cuts-Manchester-United

Very worrying if true, on one hand makes no sense but on the other it does-would also suggest there's no money set aside for players this window perhaps.

Its The Express. I'd trust the guy at the tills in Tesco more than them. Literally screams "We can't write LVG out, we dont have any transfer news, so lets write something to rile United fans up..."

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its The Express. I'd trust the guy at the tills in Tesco more than them. Literally screams "We can't write LVG out, we dont have any transfer news, so lets write something to rile United fans up..."

There has been several different reports of cost cutting in recent weeks, especially towards the youth infrastructure.

There has been several different reports of cost cutting in recent weeks, especially towards the youth infrastructure.
    can you link then please? These are the first reports I'm seeing of specific cost cutting. There have been talks of the youth structure being underfunded, but I've seen nothing regarding a new range of cuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There have also been briefs that a stadium is being built specifically for the youth/underage teams.The Express is on par with ITK bullsh1t accounts on twitter for reliable news.

zerks wrote: »
    There have also been briefs that a stadium is being built specifically for the youth/underage teams.The Express is on par with ITK bullsh1t accounts on twitter for reliable news.
    Absolutely no need to make up stuff yourself. There have been no such reports as far as I am aware. There was a report that a youth stadium was one of many things being considered as part of an overhaul of the academy.

There is, as of yet, no proof at all that United are actively in the process of making substantial investment or are going to in the short term.

For all we know the stadium brief was Woodward just throwing out some idea to get the press to stop criticising United. Like when Pedro went to Chelsea and Woodward briefed he was trying to buy neymar.

Isn't it terrible that simply saying, we didn't want Pedro, wouldn't have been enough to get people to feck off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

United, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Everton, probably Chelsea, Watford, Palace, Bournemouth and Liverpool or West Ham all in the final 16 of the FA Cup.

This evening's draw will be interesting. Fingers crossed for Shrewsbury at home.

Absolutely no need to make up stuff yourself. There have been no such reports as far as I am aware. There was a report that a youth stadium was one of many things being considered as part of an overhaul of the academy.

There is, as of yet, no proof at all that United are actively in the process of making substantial investment or are going to in the short term.

For all we know the stadium brief was Woodward just throwing out some idea to get the press to stop criticising United. Like when Pedro went to Chelsea and Woodward briefed he was trying to buy neymar.

Yeah,I just decided to make that up:rolleyes: FFS,get a grip.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi-npz9p9TKAhXEZw8KHQPGD0MQFghGMAY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Ffootball%2F2015%2Fdec%2F16%2Fmanchester-united-academy-review-city-stadium&usg=AFQjCNEgl_jiC_vCXxOxP9TPLNQ8VKpO_w

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi-npz9p9TKAhXEZw8KHQPGD0MQFggqMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fnews%2Fmanchester-united-considering-building-mini-7026991&usg=AFQjCNFgTnu47b2g0WeJAVdMIBEhiFCtzg

• Advertisement

The first link says United are deliberating over the possibility of building a stadium. Does the second link state United have decided to build the stadium, as you said?

10 months to replace Mcclair is as bizzare as it is incompetent.

Wonder was there a reason he left? (family, personal, money, disillusionment with the club or direction it was going in etc etc)

To take up the job for his country would appear to be a pretty obvious one.

An away draw in the cup please, with Leeds the preferred opposition.

50/50 chance of getting a real bad draw, practically every big team still in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I have a horrible feeling that the plan was always LVG for 3 years and then Giggs to stop up from assistant.

Even if LVG goes at the end of the year that will just speed up the Giggs promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I have a horrible feeling that the plan was always LVG for 3 years and then Giggs to stop up from assistant.

Even if LVG goes at the end of the year that will just speed up the Giggs promotion.

• Advertisement

Happy to see MK Dons score, 1-1 now. I saw a tweet from a Chelsea fan yesterday having a laugh at United by saying they are playing a big team followed by a lot of laughing emoticons/

After Hazard failed to score there :pac::pac::pac:

RobertKK wrote: »
    Happy to see MK Dons score, 1-1 now. I saw a tweet from a Chelsea fan yesterday having a laugh at United by saying they are playing a big team followed by a lot of laughing emoticons/

After Hazard failed to score there :pac::pac::pac:

Chelsea are absolutely ripping them apart though, it's the most 1 sided game I've seen in months.

It should be 4 or 5 to Chelsea already, MK Dons are terrible, though it could be that Chelsea are just making them look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

An away draw in the cup please, with Leeds the preferred opposition.

50/50 chance of getting a real bad draw, practically every big team still in it.

Shrewsbury at home please.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Shrewsbury at home please.

We are terrible at home. I think 90% of season ticket holders will want an away game

The first link says United are deliberating over the possibility of building a stadium. Does the second link state United have decided to build the stadium, as you said?

Read my post again http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98560971&postcount=5874

Nowhere did I say anything definite was said,hence the word "briefs".Even in your reply to it,you managed to contradict yourself within 2 sentences.
    I'll leave it it that as I'm in no mood for an argument over the training ground.

• Advertisement

We are terrible at home. I think 90% of season ticket holders will want an away game

Leeds away or home be my second preferred choice,still haven't got revenge for 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Actually, Liverpool at home would be nice.

Beat them 3 times this season, just for the craic. They're probably too shít to beat West Ham away though.

zerks wrote: »
    Read my post again http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98560971&postcount=5874

Nowhere did I say anything definite was said,hence the word "briefs".Even in your reply to it,you managed to contradict yourself within 2 sentences.
    I'll leave it it that as I'm in no mood for an argument over the training ground.
    you said they briefed they were building one. They did not. It was briefed it was one of a number of things being considered in an overall review.
    So what you mean is you want to leave it there because your initial post was incorrect, as i corrected in my response to it.

United play Shrewsbury away.

RobertKK wrote: »
    United play Shrewsbury away.

Lovely draw.

Best possible team to draw anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think I fear Shrewsbury away than another team just cause the worse the team is we play worse.

Great draw, no excuses....going to be a difficult cup to win though, 1/4 final draw going to be brutal- big chance there will be 8 PL teams in it and probably 8 really strong teams at that.

Strongest FA Cup in years.

We really are getting a great and easy run through the cup so far :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We really are getting a great and easy run through the cup so far :D

And with City and Chelsea playing each other, one less big team to worry about.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement