Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol pep has been confirmed now

Yeap, the memo seems to have leaked. Be the end of that pipe dream anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Well that's another manager ruled out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lol pep has been confirmed now

Where we seeing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Pep gone too city. Confirmed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i really think its going to be Giggs now. there was small hope of pep i had but thats gone now.

If Jose was going to get it hed already be in the job already especially after Decembers results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I am surprised. Disrespectful to Pelligrino though. Now it's time to hate Pep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads pellegrini is some classy man infairness just seen him announce it at news conference he is inflapable fair play to him.

That is potentially the most devastating signing a rival has made since Mourinho first arrived at Chelsea.

Genuinely distraught, we are in massive, massive trouble.

That is potentially the most devastating signing a rival has made since Mourinho first arrived at Chelsea.

Genuinely distraught, we are in massive, massive trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Knew Pep wouldn't have the balls to go to United. He's taking the easy option yet again and I don't blame him one bit.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Knew Pep wouldn't have the balls to go to United. He's taking the easy option yet again and I don't blame him one bit.

"Easy" is relative. City are going to be expecting to dominate the league and probably get to the finals, if not win, the CL pretty quickly. Expectations will be sky high for him at City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Be interesting to see what he can achieve there. City have been poor in the CL. Wonder if he can win it with them.

• Pellegrini to Utd??? Lol imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I am surprised. Disrespectful to Pelligrino though. Now it's time to hate Pep.

Easy-peasy.

Absolutely massive ramifications for us in the coming 2-3 years. If Woodward and the club don't execute a perfect plan, we could well have our Liverpool moment, a lot faster then I would have anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

LVG can go now so, now that we wont be getting pep

• This is written in the stars for Mourihnio now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

This is written in the stars for Mourihnio now

Once it's not Giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

United should just go get Mourinho now. THe only good reason to not go for him was so weird hope that we could get Pep in the summer. We can't, so go get Mourinho.

Should have been done in december.

Painful to see United falling behind City as a football club so dramatically, so quickly. Suppose thats the difference - City want to be the best football team in the world. United want to be the most marketable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

You dont see City sitting on their hands or concentrating on getting new partnership deals in with noodle companies. They have made a serious statement of intent and they have an excellent squad.
    We are a shambles in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

You dont see City sitting on their hands or concentrating on getting new partnership deals in with noodle companies. They have made a serious statement of intent and they have an excellent squad.
    We are a shambles in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I have no idea what the club are playing at. It really seems like it will be Giggs now. Unless Pep was stringing them on all along and the board thought there was still a chance of getting him.

It doesn't make sense now that they didn't appoint Jose after the run of diabolical results and games throughout the Christmas period. Can't see the obsession with Giggs at all. Really hope it's not him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Manages Barca and Munich two clubs steeped in World Football history and then chooses City as his next club

It was true for Neil Diamond "Money talks"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The dark clouds over Old Trafford just got a bit darker.

You really have to wonder what Utd are at.

Absolutely massive time for the club. This is immediately reminding me of Mourinho arriving at Chelsea reinvigorated by Abramovic and put us into the dark for two seasons. This could potentially be worse, as we don't have a Fergie to navigate us through it. Guardiola's arrival is most likely going to co-incide with a massive summer spending spree.

Woodward going to get his litmus test over the next eight months.

Absolutely massive time for the club. This is immediately reminding me of Mourinho arriving at Chelsea reinvigorated by Abramovic and put us into the dark for two seasons. This could potentially be worse, as we don't have a Fergie to navigate us through it. Guardiola's arrival is most likely going to co-incide with a massive summer spending spree.

Woodward going to get his litmus test over the next eight months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

confirms what's been rumoured since the start of the season. It can't be good for City this season though, Pellegrini is a dead duck now (ironically much like Ranieri in his final season at Chelsea) - good news for Arsenal, Leicester and Spurs (in the short term anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pellegrini to Utd??? Lol imagine

Could do worse. He's a very good manager and would be an improvement on van Gaal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Lol at least we don't have to worry about Pep signing Claudio Bravo.. Dave will probably leave in the summer too though.

Absolutely sickened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

KH25 wrote: »
    Once it's not Giggs.

Been pretty calm throughout our recent crappiness but if we're stuck with Giggs in a permanent role next season, or even still at the club next season, I'm going to fully lose my shít.

2016/2017: Guardiola vs Wenger vs Klopp vs.....Ryan Giggs.

It's like a Wrestlemania main event of The Rock vs The Undertaker vs Stone Cold vs.....Spike Dudley.

City get Pep, we get a new sponsorship deal with aldi trollies. Lovely duvly

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

City's ambition and execution put United to shame.

Its actually unbelievable to see how far and how fast United are falling, due to an utter lack of competence and vision at the club.

Its actually unbelievable to see how far and how fast United are falling, due to an utter lack of competence and vision at the club.

Could do worse. He's a very good manager and would be an improvement on van Gaal.

Anyone would be an improvement on VG

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Confirmed what everybody already knew really. Massive pressure on Pep going there, I see him doing well domestically but not making a dent at European level, he hasn't managed to get Munich over that line despite being able to have a hugely talented squad and no league competition so the ability to rest players whenever he likes.

Interesting time to be a City fan, getting rid of Pellegrini is the right move regardless, he has shown nothing to suggest he can push them on, very likeable guy though.

Oh, and City do plenty of pushing the global brand, don't be stupid, they sign ridiculous sponsorships with people who will give them money also. There is no need to try use everything as a stick to beat, it simply takes away from a valid point more then anything else, lessens the impact of genuine complaints.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Confirmed what everybody already knew really. Massive pressure on Pep going there, I see him doing well domestically but not making a dent at European level, he hasn't managed to get Munich over that line despite being able to have a hugely talented squad and no league competition so the ability to rest players whenever he likes.

Interesting time to be a City fan, getting rid of Pellegrini is the right move regardless, he has shown nothing to suggest he can push them on, very likeable guy though.

Oh, and City do plenty of pushing the global brand, don't be stupid, they sign ridiculous sponsorships with people who will give them money also. There is no need to try use everything as a stick to beat, it simply takes away from a valid point more then anything else, lessens the impact of genuine complaints.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

J. Marston wrote: »
    Been pretty calm throughout our recent crappiness but if we're stuck with Giggs in a permanent role next season, or even still at the club next season, I'm going to fully lose my shít.

2016/2017: Guardiola vs Wenger vs Klopp vs.....Ryan Giggs.

It's like a Wrestlemania main event of The Rock vs The Undertaker vs Stone Cold vs.....Spike Dudley.

Spike did have a lot of moxy though.

That counts for something.

Right?

RIGHT???

:pac:

Re Pep going to City its a big fat men from me, its no surprise it's happened so I'm not even remotely disappointed.

I've grown more accustomed to the thought that we are in serious bother for the next 3 to 4 years unless José is brought in.

If we are left with VanGowl or worse then Liverpool will win the league before we get another one.

I really thought that LVG was kept on after the awful Xmas period because there was a chance of getting Pep in the summer. Seems like the deal was agreed weeks ago for him to go to City.

This puts a lot more pressure on Van Gaal with people now knowing he won't be making way for Pep in the summer.

Mourinho is a must now IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

There is no point blaming Pep for joining City, if you had the choice (being unattached to either) which would you choose. A club that is seemingly paralysed by action and more intent on taking as much money out of the club as possible, or a club hell bent on being the biggest club in the world and h showing the last few years that they are on the right track.

Why would Pep take the risk to his career that Utd currently are.

Absolutely no need to keep LVG any longer. Get Jose in. We have little chance of keeping up with City with Pep there but none at all with either LVg or heaven forbid Giggs. Jose may not be everyones (anyones!) cut of tea, but he gets the job done, there is no doubting that. For a company that is based on marketing itself do they really think that Giggs will be Mr Exciting!! Apart from shagging a few birds he doesn't inspire excitement. Jose brings that star power.

Do you want Pep's city, with their better squad, going up agaist Giggs or Jose? Jose has shown in the past that he can get the job done.

This is a big statement from City, they have gone out and got the worlds best manager when all of Arsenal (possibly) Utd (defo), Chelsea (defo) were looking to get him. Utd will pretend they never wanted him but if we are honest City have just beaten us again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Manages Barca and Munich two clubs steeped in World Football history and then chooses City as his next club

It was true for Neil Diamond "Money talks"

Exatly. If he wins a CL with City it'll just confirm how good a manager he is.

Lads this could be the beginning of a Cities time at the top, just like yourselves were there for most of the 90s and 00s.

If Pep manages a league or two, a few cups and a CL in his 3 years he will always be remembered as the coach to start the major success of City.

This would be a big achiement for him, maybe more so than Barca and Bayern as it'll be him that got City to the next level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

There is no point blaming Pep for joining City, if you had the choice (being unattached to either) which would you choose. A club that is seemingly paralysed by action and more intent on taking as much money out of the club as possible, or a club hell bent on being the biggest club in the world and h showing the last few years that they are on the right track.

Why would Pep take the risk to his career that Utd currently are.

Absolutely no need to keep LVG any longer. Get Jose in. We have little chance of keeping up with City with Pep there but none at all with either LVg or heaven forbid Giggs. Jose may not be everyones (anyones!) cut of tea, but he gets the job done, there is no doubting that. For a company that is based on marketing itself do they really think that Giggs will be Mr Exciting!! Apart from shagging a few birds he doesn't inspire excitement. Jose brings that star power.

Do you want Pep's city, with their better squad, going up agaist Giggs or Jose? Jose has shown in the past that he can get the job done.

This is a big statement from City, they have gone out and got the worlds best manager when all of Arsenal (possibly) Utd (defo), Chelsea (defo) were looking to get him. Utd will pretend they never wanted him but if we are honest City have just beaten us again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Not exactly devastated myself. It's probably the worst league available for that brand of football. I would be hoping for somebody more direct in their approach after Van Gaal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Pep to City confirmed and we are being linked with Danny Rose. This is where we are at :(

In fairness we've been falling for a while now, settling for mediocrity, sure most fans would have been happy with 4 place, how the mighty have fallen

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Anyone would be an improvement on VG

I bet you wouldn't :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Am I the only one who thinks that Jose would have been signed by now if he was going to sign? No chance of him singing imo.

I dont buy the Utd were holding out to try and get Pep. They would have known he wasnt available well before today.

I really have no idea who will be in charge of Utd next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Never wanted Pep anyway. :pac:

I bet you wouldn't :)

How much? :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Suspected it yesterday, it was reported that Pep's wife was in Manchester and was looking at some school with Txiki Begiristain.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement