Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I am still happy to have the Glazers as majority owners of Manchester United.

Look at PSG owned by Qatar, a nation that uses slaves and will have cost an estimated 4,000 lives of poor immigrants so they can host the 2022 World Cup which they bribed people to get.
    They have also along with Saudi Arabia have been responsible for the spread of radical Islam which made the attacks on Paris rather ironic.

Man City have owners from Abu Dhabi and a member of the so called royal family who rules.
    Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi has been accused of using Man City to launder the image of their backward nation, given they arrest and torture people. It is a serious crime in the UAE to criticise the royal family.
    They are also accused of disappearing people. Also came out in support of Saudi Arabia, this is who owns Man City.

I would rather no success for a number of years than have United owned by people who treat other people as sub human.
    The Glazers were involved in sport ownership before they bought United, they did saddle the club with debt to buy them, but at least they are not associated with human rights abuses.
    So when people are going on about Man City or the noisy neighbours, remember how the owners want everything to look shiny and better.
    But the reality is this is a toy of a family who are using sport to cover up report after report when it comes to human rights abuses.
    There is nothing classy about Man City. They are not better than Manchester United, they may be getting results but everyone can choose to ignore what is behind the shiny facade, there is something very rotten.

So can we stop with the Glazer criticism as if they are the worse people in the game. When it comes to the worse people in the game, the owners of Man City and PSG for example are on a different planet, using sport and success as a positive image creator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    When have they ever done that? (sign 3-4 bales) They have never come close to it and United in the last few years have spent pretty similar to both i'd imagine (tho i could well be wrong). United are still eating at the same table as both. One step below the two big spanish clubs and Bayern. That could change now that City have Pep tho.

City have outspent United by about 50% since they were taken over, recouping a fraction of their outlay.

United and Chelsea would be similar in terms of spending but City are on a different planet altogether.

This summer will see them break £250m in one window i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

We need Jose in now.....

Can't afford to **** about

Get him in and give him access to this warchest we have before pep makes a mockery of us next summer in transfer window

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Deadline day has really gone to the dogs in the last few seasons , hasn't it?

Its so boring.

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Its so boring.

January deadline day is boring, but the previous deadline day was the best ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just to come back to United for a few minutes, from all the City talk :D

I didn't see a Van Gaal post match interview on the BBC after Derby, and missed his post match press conf, just saw there. Got irked at the Sky reporter asking if it was Van Gaal providing, or Derby providing more freedom to his players in the performance.

Came back strong calling it a rhetorical question, and was pretty adamant that nothing has changed, that it is part of what he wants and the philosophy. I've maintained that the poor style of play is not what Van Gaal instructs, and that a myth has been allowed form a truth. Not saying it is any steadfast proof to my feeling, but I'd certainly like him to challenge that theory more. He mentioned he could write a thousand words on his philosophy and the attacking, but that no one would be interested. I'd ****ing love for someone to get an interview with him that explains it in some detail. And you'd think our press officer would spot that also.
    I'm always saying, that we need to move the ball more quickly.

Calling for the OT fans to support the team and get behind them for the 90 minutes, and direct any frustration and anger at him, not the players. He could really do with a convincing win tomorrow

Woodward not wielding the axe on lvg and appointing Jose while he is available is absolutely harmful to our club to save his image over appointing the wrong manager again...

For all the good he does financially he needs to grow a pair now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

TheDoc wrote: »

I didn't see a Van Gaal post match interview on the BBC after Derby, and missed his post match press conf, just saw there. Got irked at the Sky reporter asking if it was Van Gaal providing, or Derby providing more freedom to his players in the performance.

Came back strong calling it a rhetorical question, and was pretty adamant that nothing has changed, that it is part of what he wants and the philosophy. I've maintained that the poor style of play is not what Van Gaal instructs, and that a myth has been allowed form a truth. Not saying it is any steadfast proof to my feeling, but I'd certainly like him to challenge that theory more. He mentioned he could write a thousand words on his philosophy and the attacking, but that no one would be interested. I'd ****ing love for someone to get an interview with him that explains it in some detail. And you'd think our press officer would spot that also.

Calling for the OT fans to support the team and get behind them for the 90 minutes, and direct any frustration and anger at him, not the players. He could really do with a convincing win tomorrow

ok - if you take that the boring, predictable, slow football is not actually what he wants (and it is a reasonable assumption - who could want THIS) - then why, after 18months of him in charge do we consistently see it? Why is this the result of 18months of training and 250million spent?

Has he bought/sold the wrong players? Is he a terrible coach/trainer?

Whether this football is his aim or not, is redundant - it is what we are getting from his United side and there are no reasonable excuses for it, imo.

RobertKK wrote: »
    January deadline day is boring, but the previous deadline day was the best ever.

article-0-027D694E00000578-230_468x326.jpg

This guy wins it for me so far. My spurs mate was nearly crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Its so boring.

When you see a big headline on SSN

"CELTIC SIGN KAZIM RICHARDS"

Then you know this transfer deadline day craic has run its course.

• Advertisement

When you see a big headline on SSN

"CELTIC SIGN KAZIM RICHARDS"

Then you know this transfer deadline day craic has run its course.

or when the biggest signing so far is a player who signed for Watford and is then instantly loaned out to Spain.

What about these lads and their cameo appearance a few years back :D:D

article-2411011-1B990067000005DC-758_634x556.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ok - if you take that the boring, predictable, slow football is not actually what he wants (and it is a reasonable assumption - who could want THIS) - then why, after 18months of him in charge do we consistently see it? Why is this the result of 18months of training and 250million spent?

Whether this football is his aim or not, is redundant - it is what we are getting from his United side and there are no reasonable excuses for it, imo.

I guess thats what I'm getting towards. Would there be more patience or maybe some sympathy or a different viewpoint, if it was really clear what he was trying to achieve, and where things are going wrong? I've no major doubts over what he is "trying" to do, but apart from what I see myself, sometimes I don't think he outlines what the problem is.

There is no guarantees in football, obviously. He knows that, I know that, we all know that. I'm just trying to the see the positive scenarios. How he could save his job, how he could turn it around.

I don't think if the teams fortunes changed drastically for the better, with some tangible progression and maybe even a cup or something, that the calls for him to go would be as strong.

Sometimes I feel he just isn't getting his message across, and maybe part of the hysteria is down to just broken communication. I think I have an idea what he is about, and the philosophy, but there is so many questions, queries and unknowns, that uncertainty is going to cause restlessness.

Have to say I've found our Press Officer to be seriously lacking this season in terms of taking Van Gaal by the reigns a bit, and in how she awkwardly laughs at a number of incidents to try pass them off as a joke or funny. Now very much he is making his own mess with how he keeps making it a story, but surely she has a responsibility to pull him aside and give him some direction on how to just stop it. Even in that one I watched above there was some rubbishy questions and attempt at humour at the end by Sam Wallace, and Van Gaal knew like everyone it was a dig, but yet he still called it out and the presser ends on that theme of him and potentially gettign sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭billyhead

This is a big coup for City and a showing of massive intent. I feel we will fall further behind them next season unless Ed gets his finger out and wakes up to whats happening and sacks LVG and installs a proven world class manager and makings the transfer sums available. My choice of a next manager personally would be Simone from Athletico or Pochettino. Managers whom despite limited transfer funds get the best out of their team and create team spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

What makes the Pep going to City thing even worse is transfers!!!!

Players are going to much rather prefer playing under Pep than LVG or (hopefully not) Giggs in the future.
    With the style of football we are playing and the reputation damage the club is recently receiving, it is difficult to see big star players choosing us over a City team that is well capable of winning not just the PL but also the Champions League and I feel Pep will do so.

The only way we can compete is with money. We are going to end up paying stupidly high prices for players and have to pay super high wages if we are going to compete with City for players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Its so boring.

You should watch the Italian deadline day.

This is f**king hilarious

https://twitter.com/90thMin/status/694247257428877312

TheDoc wrote: »

Whether this football is his aim or not, is redundant - it is what we are getting from his United side and there are no reasonable excuses for it, imo. It either is what he is asking of the players or he is utterly incapable of imparting on them what he wants. He has the first 11 he has chosen at this point too - or at least he should do after 4 windows and 250million spent. He has let a load of players leave, and brought in a load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads I think a reality check is needed in fairness especially on the pep thing, him been appointed does not matter one little bit to United if we can't get our house in order not one bit id be more worried about klopp taking over Liverpool then pep taking over city.

Yhh he is a great manager he has managed two fantastic clubs with the best team in the world at the time and the best team in germany but he aint no messiah he hasn't came into a club and turned around their fortunes he has just continued winning.

City even without pep are going to splash out on players they are still going to sign top players the only difference now is they have another manager coming into the premier league that has to juggle four competitions and a new mentality of no easy games and no winter break and the press that dont give you a minute.

Its still a gamble it's a bigger test for him then any of his other jobs.

I dont know what uniteds plans are but this summer will be crucial in the direction of the club if they don't make fourth we will see what the ambitions are will they get rid of lvg? Will they put in Joe's? Will they splash out on more players? No one can tell what the fek is gonna happen.

They will be so much money in the league this year if we don't invest we definitely will be left behind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nick Powell off on loan to Hull, according to Ian Dennis of the BBC.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Nick Powell off on loan to Hull, according to Ian Dennis of the BBC.

so the guy LVG sent on to save our CL is, unsurprisingly, not considered good enough to remain at the club and is sent out on loan.

Kate and Hayley on SSN in a few mins.

Why did I ever doubt deadline day.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Kate and Hayley on SSN in a few mins.

Why did I ever doubt deadline day.:cool:

Never fail to deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We're in deep shít, anyone still clinging onto the positivity train is foolish. It'll be years before we win another league

We're in deep shít, anyone still clinging onto the positivity train is foolish. It'll be years before we win another league

Looking like that the way things are going.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Atleast 20 times 20 times man utd has a good ring to it. We'll be singing that for years to come.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

article-0-027D694E00000578-230_468x326.jpg

This guy wins it for me so far. My spurs mate was nearly crying.

Lifting that scarf was about as much work as he did at Old Trafford. Unbelievable talent, lazy fecker!!

so the guy LVG sent on to save our CL is, unsurprisingly, not considered good enough to remain at the club and is sent out on loan.

Probably the most bizarre moment of the season when Nick Powell came on as a sub that night

• Sigh

When its posted every five minutes its very hard to have any positivity in relation to Utd in the thread. Who says its a positivity train anyway? It could be a car or a tractor.

Why bother following Utd when the complainers are a big ball misery anyway. We get it there's problems at Utd. All we can do is support the team.

But If you want to go further then stop going to the games and speak with your wallet. Either that or protest outside the grounds.

Damn that felt good. Rant over

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sigh

When its posted every five minutes its very hard to have any positivity in relation to Utd in the thread. Who says its a positivity train anyway? It could be a car or a tractor.

Why bother following Utd when the complainers are a big ball misery anyway. We get it there's problems at Utd. All we can do is support the team.

But If you want to go further then stop going to the games and speak with your wallet. Either that or protest outside the grounds.

We have plenty to be positive about some great players and strong backbone to the team but lvg needs to go and things can only get better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sigh

EA1rYh1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Lifting that scarf was about as much work as he did at Old Trafford. Unbelievable talent, lazy fecker!!

Good enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

If we signed ronaldo or Neymar in the summer along with a world class centre back it would make the next manager or van gaals job a lot easier.

Pep has had great players to manage all his career. Luis Enrique won a treble with barca last season.

Zidane has started great with Real Madrid.

It's easy to manage world class players. Most managers with a front line of messi Suarez and Neymar would win most games.

Pep will get a big shock when he comes to the premier league. He can forget about his tikka takka down at Stoke or West Ham it just won't work.

If we sign the right players next summer and keep the likes of de gea will should challenge next season

If we sign the right players and if we get the right manager at both massive ifs that the club have ****ed up for the last two years and longer on the transfer front

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

We have plenty to be positive about some great players and strong backbone to the team but lvg needs to go and things can only get better

And replace him with who?

I think some love being negative.

Imagine if they were Leicester fans this time last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I pray that our approach for Debuchy was just paper talk - he is absolutely atrocious. Really don't know how he got a move to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I pray that our approach for Debuchy was just paper talk - he is absolutely atrocious. Really don't know how he got a move to Arsenal.

He has gone on loan to Bordeaux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

edgecutter wrote: »
    And LVG is...

A spoofer. ...called him a spoofer back in Oct Nov 14... he stumbled on a formation back then which scraped us into 4th.
    Just my opinion on Mourinho. ..just would not like him next or near United. ... plenty supporters with same opinion. .. Probably 50 /50.... board also not keen on him... have passed on him twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Spoofer: Fool/Liar http://www.slang.ie/index.php?county=Kerry&entry=Spoofer

Managerial honours
    Club
    Ajax
    Eredivisie: 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96
    KNVB Cup: 1992–93
    Johan Cruijff Shield: 1993, 1994, 1995
    UEFA Champions League: 1994–95
    UEFA Cup: 1991–92
    UEFA Super Cup: 1995
    Intercontinental Cup: 1995
    Barcelona
    La Liga: 1997–98, 1998–99
    Copa del Rey: 1997–98
    UEFA Super Cup: 1997
    AZ
    Eredivisie: 2008–09
    Bayern Munich
    Bundesliga: 2009–10
    DFB-Pokal: 2009–10
    DFB-Supercup: 2010
    Awards and achievements
    World Soccer Manager of the Year: 1995[102]
    Onze d'Or Coach of the Year: 1995[103]
    Rinus Michels Award: 2007, 2009[104]
    Dutch Sports Coach of the Year: 2009, 2014[105][106]
    Die Sprachwahrer des Jahres (3rd place): 2009[107]
    German Football Manager of the Year: 2010[108]
    Orders
    Knight of the Order of Orange-Nassau: 1997[109]

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hes far from a spoofer but I think he's best days are behind him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Van gaal is a Nokia 3310 in an iPhone 6 world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Mars Bar wrote: »
    He has gone on loan to Bordeaux

Seen that but I'm still alarmed that we may have been chasing him. He's been living off his performances at Euro 2012 for years.

Headshot wrote: »

Spoofer is a ridiculous term for him, good managers fail at times. It is unfortunate that Van Gaal has failed but it doesn't lessen anything he has accomplished. I'm not sure his best days are behind him is the reason, sometimes it just happens. So many factors come in to play.

If AVB has gotten rid of the ridiculous high line he insisted on deploying he would be a manager worth keeping an eye on imo, haven't followed him all that closely since his time at Spurs.

I do like Pochettino and if he manages to win something or break in to the top 4 with Spurs he could force himself into the reckoning maybe, he did a pretty poor job at Espanyol in the past though but the English league seems to suit him

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

At this moment in time he's an awful manager, Trappatoni has a great honours list but I wouldn't give him the job. Managers lose it, based on the last two years Van Gaal has lost it without question

Ah that's just your basic hyperbole tbh

Spoofer: Fool/Liar http://www.slang.ie/index.php?county=Kerry&entry=Spoofer

Managerial honours
    Club
    Ajax
    Eredivisie: 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96
    KNVB Cup: 1992–93
    Johan Cruijff Shield: 1993, 1994, 1995
    UEFA Champions League: 1994–95
    UEFA Cup: 1991–92
    UEFA Super Cup: 1995
    Intercontinental Cup: 1995
    Barcelona
    La Liga: 1997–98, 1998–99
    Copa del Rey: 1997–98
    UEFA Super Cup: 1997
    AZ
    Eredivisie: 2008–09
    Bayern Munich
    Bundesliga: 2009–10
    DFB-Pokal: 2009–10
    DFB-Supercup: 2010
    Awards and achievements
    World Soccer Manager of the Year: 1995[102]
    Onze d'Or Coach of the Year: 1995[103]
    Rinus Michels Award: 2007, 2009[104]
    Dutch Sports Coach of the Year: 2009, 2014[105][106]
    Die Sprachwahrer des Jahres (3rd place): 2009[107]
    German Football Manager of the Year: 2010[108]
    Orders
    Knight of the Order of Orange-Nassau: 1997[109]

And his graph has clearly been on a downward trend from the heady days of the mid to late nineties. ..
    Thanks for pointing that out for me....
    We have been poor to say the least for his tenure and he has spent 250 m to boot.
    Anyways we digress.... we are unlikely to improve under him... just happen to be in don't want Mourinho camp.... Woody is being paid a healthy sum to make these decisions
    . get off thy ass Woody.....

• bangkok wrote: »
    Van gaal is a Nokia 3310 in an iPhone 6 world

That phone is the most reliable phone ever made. I have one in a box in the attic and it still works perfectly.

iPhones break easily. And then you have to replace it with another one, even better buy the next iPhone when Apple release there annual upgrade of one megapixel.

Come to think of it, the iPhone sounds alot like Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Headshot wrote: »

Based off his past its harsh.

Based off his last 18 months, he is a spoofer. His reign as United manager has been shameful, he keeps talking absolute pony every week and can't back it up.

I don't care If he won a few trophies in the 90's, all I care about is what He does for United and its been an awful struggle watching him try to get us play football.

• Advertisement

Okay spoofer is strong.... I withdraw spoofer.... the rest stands though.... on a downward trend.. clearly not working for him or United since his appointment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement