Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What PL match is live tomorrow on the TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Headshot wrote: »

Villa and someone else I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Villa and someone else I think.

West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Headshot wrote: »

West Ham vs Villa..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Re LVG, he is certainly not a spoofer, his record speaks for itself.

However he is a victim of the times.

He was successful in the main 15 to 20 years ago.

The footballing landscape has changed drastically since then.

Much like Dalghishs return to LFC, LVG has unfortunately for us not adapted to the new world and we are suffering for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

A spoofer doesn't win a CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

While today doesn't chance a lot in my opinion, it appears that it has for a lot of people.

There's many fans out there who have finally lost patience with Woodward and that is a positive, so today osi the disaster that many people are portraying. If it inadvertently leads to a revolt against him, then it could be the best thing ever to happen this club.

I'm not able to make the game tomorrow night but I hope the fans make him aware what they think of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Based off his past its harsh.

Based off his last 18 months, he is a spoofer. His reign as United manager has been shameful, he keeps talking absolute pony every week and can't back it up.

I don't care If he won a few trophies in the 90's, all I care about is what He does for United and its been an awful struggle watching him try to get us play football.

"Shameful." Christ, would you ever give your hyperbolic, negative bullshít a rest?

His reign has been poor, unquestionably. Awful, if you really want to stretch it. Calling it shameful is just ridiculous, petty, fúcking nonsense.

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Shameful." Christ, would you ever give your hyperbolic, negative bullshít a rest?

His reign has been poor, unquestionably. Awful, if you really want to stretch it. Calling it shameful is just ridiculous, petty, fúcking nonsense.

Hmmm so lets see.

Our lowest points total in PL history.
    2nd lowest goal scoring season (by one goal) in 42 years.
    Worst football seen at the club in 40 years.
    Fans upheaval inside the stadium at its worst in 27 years.
    Got rid of over 20 multiple trophy winner from our squad and spent £250m to give us one of our weakest squads in years.

I could go on and on, but I won't. Your opinion on this doesn't matter when the facts suggest otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think some love being negative.

Imagine if they were Leicester fans this time last year?

Lol, quote of the year were barley into 2016. They would literally need to have their memories wiped
    While today doesn't chance a lot in my opinion, it appears that it has for a lot of people.

There's many fans out there who have finally lost patience with Woodward and that is a positive, so today osi the disaster that many people are portraying. If it inadvertently leads to a revolt against him, then it could be the best thing ever to happen this club.

I'm not able to make the game tomorrow night but I hope the fans make him aware what they think of him.

You trot this ridiculous line out a lot. Exactly who are these "lot of people" and how have you listened to such a lot of people when your behind your keyboard like the rest of us.

There is no "lot" of people, what you meant to say was "imo it will have changed a lot of peoples minds".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its good that despite us being at our lowest ebb for decades the usual suspects are back to tell we are just being negative nellies for saying that we are at our lowest ebb for decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Much like Dalghishs return to LFC, LVG has unfortunately for us not adapted to the new world and we are suffering for it.

LVG took just one too many jobs, it's not his fault. The fault lies with the club not hooking him. You sign a bad player you sell him, a manager should be no different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ughhh....

What I'd give for one more Berbatov bicycle kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ughhh....

What I'd give for one more Berbatov bicycle kick

Its good that despite us being at our lowest ebb for decades the usual suspects are back to tell we are just being negative nellies for saying that we are at our lowest ebb for decades.

Our lowest ebb for decades? Moyes left us in 7th, VG took us back into the top four, this season is not finsihed, we could be top four with a trophy but hey ignore all that and go for the hyperbole.

Whilst your prediciting the future can you tell me next weeks lotto numbers too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Today was a bad day on the thread.

Lets pray for a banger of a performance tomorrow night so we can all get hyped and carried away and maybe if it is that good, we can pull out the positivity train!!! :)

Goodnight people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

in the 5 years before LVG managed United he was at the helm of 3 teams, won league titles at 2 of them and got 1 to within a whisker of a world cup final. A team that didn't qualify for the next tournament. To say his best days are behind him is a bit ridiculous, it just hasn't worked out. It can happen

The team was in a spiral after Fergie left and needed time and stability to transition. Instead there were 2 managers in a year. Moyes had different judgments and ideas on players than LVG who probably wasn't paying overly close attention to United the year before he joined and probably judged players on 2nd hand accounts rather than any real knowledge of what was and wasn't working. This meant that any player with a bit of flair was cast aside for the solid option and here we are now with an attack that lacks creativity.

Honestly, defense and midfield are fine imo. They've done as well as any of their equivalents in the league. The problem is that none of the attackers work well together. He stumbled on something last season with a group that looked good together and could have built on that formation which was getting a few goals and also looked solid enough at the back. Instead he moved toward the 2 deep defensive midfielders and the attack was and is rubbish because of it. At the top level 4 players aren't going to be able to break down 6 or 7 with any kind of regularity unless they are the best of the best which United don't have.

When the shackles have been loosened people will say the defense suffers and it's hard to argue with that. However, you can balance the shackles somewhat. Last season with Herrera and Fellaini in front of Carrick there was organisation as well as a willingness to get forward. This season, even if the same players are playing they look like they don't know where to be and it's baffling really. Complete mismanagement. Hard to see him changing but the Derby game was a bit more like it. They're not really very good is the problem...

You trot this ridiculous line out a lot. Exactly who are these "lot of people" and how have you listened to such a lot of people when your behind your keyboard like the rest of us.

speak for yourself, i (like many on here) get off my arse and travel all over England supporting the team, speaking to fans week in week out whose opinions i take alot more seriously than some fanboy internet poster like yourself.

you should try it sometime, you might learn a few things about the club, its fans and football.

speak for yourself, i (like many on here) get off my arse and travel all over England supporting the team, speaking to fans week in week out whose opinions i take alot more seriously than some fanboy internet poster like yourself.

you should try it sometime, you might learn a few things about the club, its fans and football.

lol

I get off my arse every morning homer and go to work, I have been to OT many of times but don't let that stop you.

Anyway what you said was

How can you possibly know how today changes things for a lot of people? as UTD are not playing today your most likely at home next to the tv and on the laptop like the rest of us. Never said you didnt go anywhere, because preconceptions are silly, like the one you just had about me.

So, I'll ask again, how can you possibly know how today has changed things for a lot of people?

oh and what exactly is "an internet fanboy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

lol

I get off my arse every morning homer and go to work, I have been to OT many of times but don't let that stop you.

Anyway what you said was

How can you possibly know how today changes things for a lot of people? as UTD are not playing today your most likely at home next to the tv and on the laptop like the rest of us. Never said you didnt go anywhere, because preconceptions are silly, like the one you just had about me.

So, I'll ask again, how can you possibly know how today has changed things for a lot of people?

oh and what exactly is "an internet fanboy?

You shouldn't be arguing with United's number one superfan. Learn your place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

So I am only in the door, who did we sign???

Ronaldo?
    Bale?

Who is our new manager?

py2006 wrote: »
    So I am only in the door, who did we sign???

Ronaldo?
    Bale?

Who is our new manager?

As far as I can tell Old Trafford is to be torn down and turned into flats,sad day for all us fans....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

As far as I can tell Old Trafford is to be torn down and turned into flats,sad day for all us fans....

At last, a bit of excitement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It was only 2010 that he was so close to a treble with Bayern(winning the league, the cup and the CL runner up) and laid the foundations for a fantastic team. He had also come off the back of winning the Dutch league with AZ. Its not ancient history in fairness.

It has not worked out (I really dont think he can turn it around) at United, but he has been consistently successful in his career, right up to his job with the Netherlands at the Euros, in 2014 and he did achieve his target last season of returning the club to the CL while making some pretty big changes to the playing staff, which has continued this year while sadly the results have not continued their upward trend.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

New drinking game. Take a shot every time Homer mentions he goes to games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So, you have been talking to "lots of people" about this today/this evening have you? On your travels around England being a super fan?

Or are you just deflecting since you were actually just sitting there, reading forums and listening to podcasts and this pretentious air of being superior while using the term "fanboy" is ****in hilarious.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

LVG is only A couple of bad results away from OT turning on him again in ever increasing numbers and the board will not be able to ignore that. ... look I would love for us to play flowing football and go on an unbeaten run... finishing 2nd or 3rd.... winning the FA cup and Europa league.... but it's hard to see it changing from what we have become accustomed to..... struggling to score and strange team selections, putting out unbalanced teams.... even stranger post match interviews..... .. it's the post Fergie scenario that we really really dreaded..... but unlike pool and their spiral into mid table status... we are a big money club... plenty of buying power.. huge world wide fan base .... Woody needs to earn his crust and stop the rot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

If people had 100k to put on the next full time United manager who would it be? I have a bad feeling LVG will be here for the three years :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We could call them the Emirflats

Arsenal have gone 12 years without a title and I don't think we'll be a million miles off that if Giggs is the next manager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hey at least it's not the etihad.... They wouldn't be able find anyone to live in half of them and still want to build more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

J. Marston wrote: »
    New drinking game. Take a shot every time Homer mentions he goes to games.

Common-Signs-of-Alcohol-Poisoning.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

https://twitter.com/mrmujac/status/693783190465597441?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Also according to jb (reliable news for academy and reserves), head of the academy is already agreed but won't be made public for some time (not sure about the reasons).

https://twitter.com/jb_8521/status/694315041462587392

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Our lowest ebb for decades? Moyes left us in 7th, VG took us back into the top four, this season is not finsihed, we could be top four with a trophy but hey ignore all that and go for the hyperbole.

I think it's definitely the lowest point since 1989. I can't understand how anyone can watch what's happened in the last 3 years since Ferguson and Gill left and not be furious at how the club has been mismanaged by the Glazers and their stooge Woodward.

The only thing those parasites have improved in that time is the club's advertising revenues.

Where I agree with you is that even from our current position this could yet be a good season but not with LVG in charge. There's not much hope for next season either. Three of the best managers in the world became available recently and Woodward delivered none of them.

In my opinion things are only likely to improve with a change of ownership and a leadership focused on the football team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ah hold on now... Most can't afford to travel regularly homer, this country and it's people have been struggling for quite some time financially. If I could afford to go week in week out I would.. You should count yourself lucky rather than make someone feel like they are beneath you as a fan.

And calling someone a fanboy Internet poster pmsl says the man posting on an Internet forum...

You couldn't write that comedy.. Good man homer our true fan :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What do we reckon for tonight?

Stoke are a very good side, and will come to OT with zero fear because, well - they easily beat us recently and have no reason to fear us.

Really feel tonight should be a massive game for the club. With the poor form of late, no change of manager, no transfers in and Pep being confirmed as City manager the boos will be LOUD if United don't win tonight. Though it would appear fan opinion isn't cared about at United.

Would imagine we could see a side very similar to the one that played vs Derby, if not the exact same. There aren't really the options to make any changes. Darmian, Shaw, Valencia, Young, Rojo all out so our defence almost picks itself, inclusive of Varela and CBJ, unless Jones is fit.

Personally I would like to see Fellaini dropped from the side that started vs Derby, with Herrera coming in for him. Would like to see Memphis or Pereira in for Mata too. Don't see either change being made though.

Will also be interesting to see if United play this game with an identifiable attacking verve and intent, or will it be back to slow and cautious football.

An interesting night ahead. I would say LVG can't afford not to win, but we could probably be thumped 5-0 and he'd still be in the job for the next game. In terms of our hopes of a CL place this season though, we have to win tonight imo. We can't afford to drop more points in what should be considered a 3 point game (at home to a non 'big name' side).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/mrmujac/status/693783190465597441?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Also according to jb (reliable news for academy and reserves), head of the academy is already agreed but won't be made public for some time (not sure about the reasons).

https://twitter.com/jb_8521/status/694315041462587392

Any idea who Lee O'Connor is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I was told last night that Shinji was gone to Stoke, my heart sank...checked the news there and it appears this was a falsification. Was this a thing yesterday, I tuned out of the deadline day apart from a quick check up on Hayley?

The Shinji deal like? Not falsification of news in general...I know that was a thing...

Kinda happy we didn't buy anyone for the full back positions, let the 2 young lads have a run at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I was told last night that Shinji was gone to Stoke, my heart sank...checked the news there and it appears this was a falsification. Was this a thing yesterday, I tuned out of the deadline day apart from a quick check up on Hayley?

The Shinji deal like? Not falsification of news in general...I know that was a thing...

Kinda happy we didn't buy anyone for the full back positions, let the 2 young lads have a run at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

With all of the top 4 playing tonight we need a result that keeps us inn touch with them.
    I'm hoping that Liverpool can get a point or three off Leicster.
    Arsenal V Southampton - Arsenal
    Norwich v spuds - spuds (but a draw would help)
    Sunderland v Citeh - you'd expect them to win

So defeat is not an option tonight. We need to start bridging the gap to 4th and seperarting ourselves from Pool and West ham.

If Fellaini starts tonight I give up because we need tempo, pace and movement of the ball in the game something Herrera brings to the team. And please for the love of all that is holy get Lingard out of the team. How anyone reckons he's a United player baffles me.

Perreira, Janujaz, Memphis could all do a similar or better job surely

With all of the top 4 playing tonight we need a result that keeps us inn touch with them.
    I'm hoping that Liverpool can get a point or three off Leicster.
    Arsenal V Southampton - Arsenal
    Norwich v spuds - spuds (but a draw would help)
    Sunderland v Citeh - you'd expect them to win

So defeat is not an option tonight. We need to start bridging the gap to 4th and seperarting ourselves from Pool and West ham.

If Fellaini starts tonight I give up because we need tempo, pace and movement of the ball in the game something Herrera brings to the team. And please for the love of all that is holy get Lingard out of the team. How anyone reckons he's a United player baffles me.

Perreira, Janujaz, Memphis could all do a similar or better job surely

• Advertisement

ericzeking wrote: »

Me too - nothing available that's any better than whats there - would like to see Verela get a run of games.

Weird transfer window though - its like the whole football world is holding off waiting on something to happen :confused::confused::confused:

I thought Madrid would have jumped in seeing as how they can't buy anyone in the next 2 windows but that's probably being swept under a suitably piled carpet as we speak :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Coat22 wrote: »
    Any idea who Lee O'Connor is?

From what i have read.

He is 15/16 and can play rb, cb and cm

And played ahead of his age group for Ireland

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    From what i have read.

He is 15/16 and can play rb, cb and cm

And played ahead of his age group for Ireland

Cool so he will be playing left midfield then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hopefully Woodward gets plenty of stick tonight, he needs to realise the fans aren't happy with the direction of the club under his management and big changes are required.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Was just looking at spurs improvement someone posted it here the other day about them been one of top scorers and best defense record ect ect it just goes to show how good pochetino is when you realise they have a minus net spend for the year he has improved virtually all the players that are in that squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Hopefully Woodward gets plenty of stick tonight, he needs to realise the fans aren't happy with the direction of the club under his management and big changes are required.

You're right, it really helped the team against Southampton when the group of fans got on the player's backs.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Cool so he will be playing left midfield then.

He'd be a great left full
    or stick him in nets

Liam O wrote: »
    You're right, it really helped the team against Southampton when the group of fans got on the player's backs.

So what are they supposed to do? Sit there and applaud another scoreless 45 minutes followed by a second 45 minute borefest in the hope that we bounce a ball off Rooney or Fellani and be thankful they spent a fortune on the evenings "entertainment"?

United fans have gotten behind the team for the last 18 months and its done nothing for results. Woodward and VG need a wake up call or we'll merrily drift into 16/17 with the same rubbish.

Liam O wrote: »

It's a tricky one to judge but I agree with you overall. The Southampton game was OTT with 1000's people booing after 20-30 mins and a mass walk out with still 8 or 9 mins of the game to go.

The ideal scenario is we are a few goals up and the supporters voice their opinion towards how the club is run and show the players they are supported.

Staying quiet and giving the board the impression that all is ok is not the answer though but as I said a tricky one. Last time it was toxic and I'd expect the same if it is 0-0 at half time tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Coat22 wrote: »
    So what are they supposed to do? Sit there and applaud another scoreless 45 minutes followed by a second 45 minute borefest in the hope that we bounce a ball off Rooney or Fellani and be thankful they spent a fortune on the evenings "entertainment"?

United fans have gotten behind the team for the last 18 months and its done nothing for results. Woodward and VG need a wake up call or we'll merrily drift into 16/17 with the same rubbish.

Exactly, I'd imagine internally Woodward is getting all sorts of claps on the back for getting a sponsorship deal with my granny's hairdresser.

He needs to exit from his ivory tower and realise the fans aren't going to put up with this nonsense for much longer. Eventually attendances will fall off.

We're falling further and further behind our competitors. He's the man that has the power to rectify it but he needs to get the finger out and take some action.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement