Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

jayo26 wrote: »
    he has improved virtually all the players that are in that squad.

This is the core of everything. Results, net spend, league position, qualification, all of that stuff is secondary to one simple question, is the manager improving his players? If you take quality footballers and improve them then the performances and results invariably will follow.

And this is where Van Gaal fails completely, not only has he not improved his players but in fact the majority are playing worse than they ever have as senior footballers. Good quality players, but not only are they not getting better but in fact there is a laundry list of names who regressed horribly under his stewardship. This points to an utter failure as a coach and as a manager.

As we approach the 2 year mark Van Gaal has made his players worse than they were 2 years ago, and a manager who makes all of his staff perform worse is a burden to the team, not a benefit.

• Hilariously the telgraph have the cheek to say this when it was them spinning all the bull****

"Weeks of speculation, hype and conjecture but it looks as though the transfer window has slammed shut without Louis van Gaal actually bringing in a single player."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hilariously the telgraph have the cheek to say this when it was them spinning all the bull****

"Weeks of speculation, hype and conjecture but it looks as though the transfer window has slammed shut without Louis van Gaal actually bringing in a single player."

Well LVG did specifically state he wanted to bring in a left back - then later a full back. So speculation surrounding the signing of a full back makes sense.

That United didn't carry out the action LVG stated creates question marks over why. (Personal opinion: LVG chose not to make a signing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

would love the stadium to be hopping tonight with the same atmosphere and support that was down at Derby, would make a massive difference to the players. massive game tonight

• Some positive news:

Luke Shaw back at Carrignton and could be in for a return as early as April
    Shrewsbury Town was a good draw to get in the Cup

Notes: Personal decision to be the positivity tractor in the thread from now on, because some of us don't like trains.

Some positive news:

Luke Shaw back at Carrignton and could be in for a return as early as April
    Shrewsbury Town was a good draw to get in the Cup

If he is only looking to come back in April I'd be reluctant to bring him back at all this season, to be honest. Would prefer to let him rehab it slowly and come back fully fit and ready to go for pre-season training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

bangkok wrote: »
    would love the stadium to be hopping tonight with the same atmosphere and support that was down at Derby, would make a massive difference to the players. massive game tonight

Away fans are the best, hardcore love for the team no matter what.

If the chips are down tonight the place will be dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Coat22 wrote: »
    So what are they supposed to do? Sit there and applaud another scoreless 45 minutes followed by a second 45 minute borefest in the hope that we bounce a ball off Rooney or Fellani and be thankful they spent a fortune on the evenings "entertainment"?

United fans have gotten behind the team for the last 18 months and its done nothing for results. Woodward and VG need a wake up call or we'll merrily drift into 16/17 with the same rubbish.

Yeah, Rooney's goals recently have really fit the "bounce off" description. Fellaini hasn't been good in front of goal this season but I think he's shown in the past that he has some good finishing ability so I wouldn't be overly critical of him.

I don't think anyone is happy to "merrily" go on with it but screaming "attack" 100 times when the team has 60-70% possession and is camped in the opposition half is counter productive as it makes the players nervous and means they rush bad passes and such which leads to overall worse play.

• If he is only looking to come back in April I'd be reluctant to bring him back at all this season, to be honest. Would prefer to let him rehab it slowly and come back fully fit and ready to go for pre-season training.

I would agree, don't think he will be rushed back that quick but it's always good to hear that his recovery is going well. Regardless of what some may think he was a huge blow to our season and I always get the feeling one of LVGs most important aspects of attack are the use of his full backs. I can see what he's been trying to do with Ashley Young and Valara showed promise against Derby by providing an injection of pace and width down the flanks.

When Shaw was in flying form before he got injured he was a real threat going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

If he is only looking to come back in April I'd be reluctant to bring him back at all this season, to be honest. Would prefer to let him rehab it slowly and come back fully fit and ready to go for pre-season training.

Guaranteed England will try bring him to the Euros.

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah, Rooney's goals recently have really fit the "bounce off" description. Fellaini hasn't been good in front of goal this season but I think he's shown in the past that he has some good finishing ability so I wouldn't be overly critical of him.

I don't think anyone is happy to "merrily" go on with it but screaming "attack" 100 times when the team has 60-70% possession and is camped in the opposition half is counter productive as it makes the players nervous and means they rush bad passes and such which leads to overall worse play.
    maybe we should invest in smarter, more mentally strong, players so.

Considering they may not be able to work out that passing the ball from one side of the pitch to the other continuously is not always "attacking", and that being told/asked to attack by the fans causes them great upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I would agree, don't think he will be rushed back that quick but it's always good to hear that his recovery is going well. Regardless of what some may think he was a huge blow to our season and I always get the feeling one of LVGs most important aspects of attack are the use of his full backs. I can see what he's been trying to do with Ashley Young and Valara showed promise against Derby by providing an injection of pace and width down the flanks.

When Shaw was in flying form before he got injured he was a real threat going forward.

It's annoying to think that if that tackle doesn't go in he's probably about to score and United are probably still in the CL. Obviously some other disaster could have happened but to basically lose a goal in such a big game and one of the better players at the start of the season was a horrible double blow.

Guaranteed England will try bring him to the Euros.

Good point - and even more likely if we have him playing for us in April/May. If we slow his rehab down, we might avoid that.

However, playing in the Euro's could be something Shaw has been working towards as part of his rehab, and being denied that by the club when he is physically fit and capable may not sit well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Good point - and even more likely if we have him playing for us in April/May. If we slow his rehab down, we might avoid that.

However, playing in the Euro's could be something Shaw has been working towards as part of his rehab, and being denied that by the club when he is physically fit and capable may not sit well.

If he is fit I don't see the problem in him playing he is young and hasn't played much football in past year and is hungry it could do him good to get some games under him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Yeah true, it may be beyond their control too. That's where the likes of Rooney (rushing back for 06' WC) or a senior player needs to have a word and explain the adverse affects of rushing back for a tournament. Tournaments take their toll on all players the following season - and I'd imagine it'd take an even bigger toll on a player who has been out injured for such a lengthy period. That said, for some mad reason I actually think England could do alright this summer and a fit Shaw would be massive for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Liam O wrote: »

Do you really believe this? That the crowd shouting "attack" leads seasoned professional fooballers into panic judgements?

I doubt anyone in here sees much wrong with hoping that your team might actually have a shot or two if they have "60-70% possession and is camped in the opposition half"

I certainly see nothing wrong with booing VG off the pitch after 90 minutes of crap and a defeat like the Southampton one. Its not so long ago VG was telling everyone the fans were behind him - its taken a few wake up calls for him and Woodward to accept that that is actually not the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well LVG did specifically state he wanted to bring in a left back - then later a full back. So speculation surrounding the signing of a full back makes sense.

That United didn't carry out the action LVG stated creates question marks over why. (Personal opinion: LVG chose not to make a signing).

Did he say that in November or something? I remember seeing something about that but not sure when. I do remember him being asked directly in December and he said he didn't expect to do any business, maybe if the right player is available but he didn't so.

Did Arsenal sign anybody of note actually? Reminds me that Wenger said he would definitely be strenghtening

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Do you really believe this? That the crowd shouting "attack" leads seasoned professional fooballers into panic judgements?

I doubt anyone in here sees much wrong with hoping that your team might actually have a shot or two if they have "60-70% possession and is camped in the opposition half"

I certainly see nothing wrong with booing VG off the pitch after 90 minutes of crap and a defeat like the Southampton one. Its not so long ago VG was telling everyone the fans were behind him - its taken a few wake up calls for him and Woodward to accept that that is actually not the case

It does have an affect, it is plain to see. And it causes a toxic atmosphere in the end.

Nothing wrong with venting at the manager or players at times but creating a toxic atmosphere is not productive at all.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    If people had 100k to put on the next full time United manager who would it be? I have a bad feeling LVG will be here for the three years :-/

I think he will too & I wonder if this is the real reason why the rumours were that we weren't interested in Pep. I can imagine a situation where LvG convinces Woodward that it's all going to plan & he needs to fulfil his contract. I can see the Board digging their heels in & sticking to the contract until 4th isn't possible.

It does have an affect, it is plain to see. And it causes a toxic atmosphere in the end.

Nothing wrong with venting at the manager or players at times but creating a toxic atmosphere is not productive at all.

Not sure how "attack attack" creates a toxic atmoshphere or booing the manager off at the end of the match when the game is over but either way - if 70,000 fans being angry is whats needed to bring about a change then so be it.

United are at the most critical point in their history since they were relegated in '74 so if fans leaving early, booing the team off, not renewing season tickets etc is whats needed to force a change then I'm all for it.

• Advertisement

United are at the most critical point in their history since they were relegated in '74

Its interesting how many fans just don't comprehend this, they still think we can just sit on our hands for a few more seasons and see how it all works out.

If there was a road map on how to recreate the Liverpool drought we would be following it to the letter, but there are none so blind as those that won't see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

you can be sure that the atmosphere will be very very poor tonight, unless we rattle in a few early goals.

for the vast majority of these games, there will be a kick for 3-5 minutes after KO and then unless the team is absolutely firing, it will be a very subdued atmosphere for most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

J. Marston wrote: »
    New drinking game. Take a shot every time Homer mentions he goes to games.

Nice! What's the poison of choice?

you can be sure that the atmosphere will be very very poor tonight, unless we rattle in a few early goals.

for the vast majority of these games, there will be a kick for 3-5 minutes after KO and then unless the team is absolutely firing, it will be a very subdued atmosphere for most part.

yea and that doesn't help the players. Should do a Leicester on it and give all fans free beer as they enter the stadium, smuggle in a few flares and blow horns as well.

something like this before the game :pac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHNfjcQkQdY

yea and that doesn't help the players. Should do a Leicester on it and give all fans free beer as they enter the stadium, smuggle in a few flares and blow horns as well.

something like this before the game :pac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHNfjcQkQdY

That looks like Old Trafford on the day Giggs is announced as new manager after lvg

• Its interesting how many fans just don't comprehend this, they still think we can just sit on our hands for a few more seasons and see how it all works out.

If there was a road map on how to recreate the Liverpool drought we would be following it to the letter, but there are none so blind as those that won't see.

Well what you gonna do about it? I repeat. Stop going to the games and protest outside the grounds.

Then there are fans who have commitments and financial restraits who cannot do this because they cant go to every game. It doesn't make them any less of a fan.

If we are talking specifics for the fans in here then that's why some of us are trying to stay positive and actually discuss clearly the pros and cons in front of us. Repetitive posting about "fans being blind" "were ****ed" "lvg is a spoofer" ect adds nothing only consistent digging at posters.

See United are cutting down the pre-season tour to 10 days in Asia.

Gives Mounrinhio Giggs VG more time to get players ready for the first nil all of the new season I suppose (The Charity Shield v Leicester in case you were wondering)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well what you gonna do about it? I repeat. Stop going to the games and protest outside the grounds.

Then there are fans who have commitments and financial restraits who cannot do this because they cant go to every game. It doesn't make them any less of a fan.

If we are talking specifics for the fans in here then that's why some of us are trying to stay positive and actually discuss clearly the pros and cons in front of us. Repetitive posting about "fans being blind" "were ****ed" "lvg is a spoofer" ect adds nothing only consistent digging at posters.

Unfortunately a mindset that many, many a fan consider and think to be true. That only real fans go to games etc. It's also something you hear frequently from journalists, where the thermostat for fan mood, is taken from basically those in attendance at a particular game.

West Brom at home this season was my first time at OT, and I make no qualms or excuses about it being my first. I'm supporting United for 19 years, and don't feel my opinion is any less valid then people who attend games, or even a ticket season holder.

I know some season ticket holders for Liverpool and United, and they frequently trot out of the most ridiculous opinions on football I ever hear. Even being at the West Brom game, there was a clear total misunderstanding and misinterpretation of what was happening in the game at the time, that resulted in some shouts, jeers and boos that made me roll my eyes.

Was in a pub before the game, and there was (in fairness to him) a bullet hard looking **** spouting some absolute nonsense, but everyone around him was nodding along telling him he was spot on. Probably for fear of getting a dig in the neck. What a marvellous way for fans to form opinions.

One of my pet hates in football is when someone prefixes a statement with "Well I know a season ticket holder and they think X" as if its some form of higher opinion, or some inside track into things that others can't know or don't know. We all want to think we have the inside track, or know more then others. We feel we need some form of justification for having an opinion. The phrase "I don't know" is dieing out faster then anything else in the English language.

There is nothing more frustrating then being lumped into a "box" by journalists, or even other fans, based on the mood or feelings around the ground.

It's a clear trend looking around the Premier League that homegrounds for a lot of clubs, are probably more pressured and problematic then their away games. I don't think it's wide of the mark to suggest that it is caused by fans becoming more impatient and feeling entitled to seeing a certain type of football, and a victory.

Of course it's frustrating as **** seeing how the club has faltered over the last few years, but calling people blind or oblivious, or basically having a pop, for having the audacity to look for positives is a bit baffling. We are called supporters for a reason.

A lot more bat **** crazy things have happened in football, then someone suggesting that a revered coach like Van Gaal could take a flagging team and turn it on it's head and achieve something second half of the season. Where there appears to be an issue, and a disconnect in terms of supporting a football club, is there appears to be swathes of fans that nearly hope he doesn't so he gets fired, rather then hoping and praying HE turns it around and achieves.

A calm and logical discussion of Manchester United currently will by its nature lean towards a critical viewpoint, for the simple reason that by an order of magnitude there are far more things wrong than there are right. Searching for spurious reasons to be positive is just damning with faint praise, why not discuss what is actually happening? Its not repetitive to discuss negative issues with the club, its realistic, its an accurate reflection of what is currently happening.

Besides, the only people digging at other posters are the usual suspects popping up to label people pointing out the obvious as negative moaners. The vast majority of negative posts are far more structured and detailed than the "LVG out spoofer hurp derp" you are trying to portray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

A calm and logical discussion of Manchester United currently will by its nature lean towards a critical viewpoint, for the simple reason that by an order of magnitude there are far more things wrong than there are right. Searching for spurious reasons to be positive is just damning with faint praise, why not discuss what is actually happening? Its not repetitive to discuss negative issues with the club, its realistic, its an accurate reflection of what is currently happening.

Besides, the only people digging at other posters are the usual suspects popping up to label people pointing out the obvious as negative moaners. The vast majority of negative posts are far more structured and detailed than the "LVG out spoofer hurp derp" you are trying to portray.

The friction always appears to arise when someone portraying a negativity, does so in a fashion that is so clearly to others, not a reason for the initial painpoint.

As an example(I just pulled this from my head, this second): The club have signed no players in January to bolster the squad. The club have announced three new commercial sponsors.

A poster has constructed a post that is negative in tone, and as the basis for the issue, insinuated that the club prioritized commercial deals, and if by intention, completely ignored player re-enforcement. And with their thinking, believing that the club can only do one or the other,and not both.

So you see, and when you look back, at when there is glorious debate and argument, we are rarely if never disagreeing over relatively straight forward statements or topics, it's the constructed theory of an individual or poster that others feel is incorrect, misguided or just a total myth being portrayed as fact.

The fact it's a written format, also means there is going to some things that will be taken up incorrectly, or worded incorrectly.

As another example:
    There is little controversy, or potential mud slinging for anyone who makes a statement
    "Memphis has been an utterly disappointing signing thus far"

Where you will get the mud slinging is when someone says
    Memphis is a total waster, what a waste of money. Terrible signing.

They are both coming from the same place, a supporter disappointed with a new signing who came with a good reputation. But it's how it's conveyed, that will get on the tits of plenty of people, and myself included to be honest.

That example above will then move into how the Erdevise is rubbish and no real test, where it's the exact same reason as to why you would cut him slack, moving to a different league and a higher lever.

Look at the tag Bangkok has got himself over Fellaini. We all know where he is coming from. We all most likely share the same rooted opinion and feelings toward Fellaini. But because Bangkok is so visceral and aggressive in his Fellaini criticsm, which includes many myths and twisting of a scenario to slate Fellaini, plenty of others will throw back at him over his opinion or stance.
    Fellaini was an underwhelming signing, and apart from some small cases of good performances, has been pretty disappointing
    That statement, I'd argue no one would actually disagree with. It's the stuff built around it, to form the negative posts, that cause the issue and the vitrol.

And the same can be said for the positive posts, that people will pick apart also.

It's a part of the written medium, but it's also part of a forum. That we all at the core as here for the exact same reason, and desire the exact same outcome, but season through season hurdle over each other about HOW we go about it, is the draw and attraction of any community on the web.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    The friction always appears to arise when someone portraying a negativity, does so in a fashion that is so clearly to others, not a reason for the initial painpoint.

As an example(I just pulled this from my head, this second): The club have signed no players in January to bolster the squad. The club have announced three new commercial sponsors.

A poster has constructed a post that is negative in tone, and as the basis for the issue, insinuated that the club prioritized commercial deals, and if by intention, completely ignored player re-enforcement. And with their thinking, believing that the club can only do one or the other,and not both.

So you see, and when you look back, at when there is glorious debate and argument, we are rarely if never disagreeing over relatively straight forward statements or topics, it's the constructed theory of an individual or poster that others feel is incorrect, misguided or just a total myth being portrayed as fact.

The fact it's a written format, also means there is going to some things that will be taken up incorrectly, or worded incorrectly.

As another example:
    There is little controversy, or potential mud slinging for anyone who makes a statement

They are both coming from the same place, a supporter disappointed with a new signing who came with a good reputation. But it's how it's conveyed, that will get on the tits of plenty of people, and myself included to be honest.

That example above will then move into how the Erdevise is rubbish and no real test, where it's the exact same reason as to why you would cut him slack, moving to a different league and a higher lever.

Look at the tag Bangkok has got himself over Fellaini. We all know where he is coming from. We all most likely share the same rooted opinion and feelings toward Fellaini. But because Bangkok is so visceral and aggressive in his Fellaini criticsm, which includes many myths and twisting of a scenario to slate Fellaini, plenty of others will throw back at him over his opinion or stance.

That statement, I'd argue no one would actually disagree with. It's the stuff built around it, to form the negative posts, that cause the issue and the vitrol.

And the same can be said for the positive posts, that people will pick apart also.

It's a part of the written medium, but it's also part of a forum. That we all at the core as here for the exact same reason, and desire the exact same outcome, but season through season hurdle over each other about HOW we go about it, is the draw and attraction of any community on the web.

Sweet love of God - you have way too much time on your hands. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sweet love of God - you have way too much time on your hands. :D

He's a speed typer. He probably has 5 paragraphs written before I have one line :D

There is nothing I disagree with in his post either. It explains exactly how this and most forums work

TheDoc wrote: »

As another example:

by the way, my self imposed 2 week break of not talking about Fellaini is up :)

You failed the other day tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'm not going to lie, I kind of missed the Fellaini bashing. I don't like the guy either.

You failed the other day tho.

did I?

did I?
    so moyes the scouting...... He knew we could sign fellaini for 24m but chose to pay 27.5 for him. He knew himself having worked with Ross Barkley that he was the next big thing coming out of Everton but chose not to go for him?! and he complained about the scouting? lol

Yep it wasn't your usual bashing but I do believe you weren't ment to mention his name......

Yep it wasn't your usual bashing but I do believe you weren't ment to mention his name......

my ban started on the 14th Jan, I mentioned the above 29th Jan, so I kept my word... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'm sure I heard Lord TSC say that the agreement was if he mentioned Fellaini he would get a lifetime ban from the soccer forums :pac:

It's worth a shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Manchester United fans have been calling for Louis van Gaal’s head for some time and this afternoon, it seems as if wheels could be in motion to replace the under-performing Dutch manager.

Although Jose Mourinho remains as both the fans and bookies favourite to take over at Old Trafford, according to well respected BBC journalist Dan Walker, a different figure is being lined up for the job.

Walker very rarely spouts drivel on Twitter and today, he has stated that three independent sources have informed him that current Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino is being lined up for the Old Trafford hotseat.

http://www.punditarena.com/football/english-football/jmurphy/three-bbc-sources-link-mourinho-alternative-with-manchester-united-job/

https://twitter.com/mrdanwalker/status/694489489243246592

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

zerks wrote: »

if they are in the CL next season and we are not, would he really leave them, especially so soon into his contract?

i am not sure either if he is the right man just yet, though the signs are promising.

on one hand, as i posted here a few times i am a huge admirer of how Spurs are playing football this season, its exciting and reminds of a how United used to play in many ways - big work rate, playing with pace, great to watch, exciting young players, dynamism and other key ingredients of what we all like to see in a football team.

on the other hand, im not sure he is ready yet for a job this big though i guess others will say right now that his level is above that of United, on current form- however this has multiple contexts behind it so may not be relevent.

something else to consider is that it could cost us millions to get him out of his contract - you know how much of a hardball Levy is and im not sure the Glazers will be willing to spend that much money on a manager after the money spent on redundancy for Fergies crew, the Moyes pay off, the LVG pay off and maybe £15-20m to spurs (i could be wrong on this part).

last time out we chose 2 managers at the end of their contracts, could be a factor here again but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

astradave wrote: »
    I'm sure I heard Lord TSC say that the agreement was if he mentioned Fellaini he would get a lifetime ban from the soccer forums :pac:

It's worth a shot

Ahh no the place wouldnt be the same. Bangkok is a vital part of the echo system of the United thread.

I'm not here as long as some but I find myself in agreement with alot of his posts apart from his ott of Fellaini.

I would be very happy with pochetino I said it months ago he was the next teer dont we from pep and jose and the fact that he has done well in the premierleague is why I would put him ahead of the likes of simione and blanc and those type of managers.

I dont know if I would believe there has actually been any movement or anything tho id say it is just the press moving onto another target because pep is gone and they have no reasons to keep throwing jose name at the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Match thread people. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98582845#post98582845

Not on UK tv but everyone knows by now how to find it;)

• Advertisement

Ahh no the place wouldnt be the same. Bangkok is a vital part of the echo system of the United thread.

I'm not here as long as some but I find myself in agreement with alot of his posts apart from his ott of Fellaini.

I was at the Southampton game, Fellaini was awful and was subbed at half time. It killed me I couldnt come on here Monday and tell ye how I felt, but I was probably lucky as I might have received a straight red card :pac:

I till think Mourinhio is a safer bet which is what we need right now.

Pochetino is probably "the man after the next man" IMO

Of course the other way of looking at it is Pep is off to City so they should wrap up the next few seasons anyway so go with someone like Pochetino as a long term project for when Pep gets bored and fecks off

I till think Mourinhio is a safer bet which is what we need right now.

Pochetino is probably "the man after the next man" IMO

Of course the other way of looking at it is Pep is off to City so they should wrap up the next few seasons anyway so go with someone like Pochetino as a long term project for when Pep gets bored and fecks off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Pochettino would be good if Pep wasn't going to City, he is destined to fail imo he will need to be given a lot of patience and a couple of seasons to get things back on track and even then it's likely he won't be able to overturn City with Pep there when the time comes

I'll 100% get behind him but I wouldn't be optimistic about winning major trophies

• zerks wrote: »
    Match thread people. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98582845#post98582845

Not on UK tv but everyone knows by now how to find it;)

Hook-a-homie-up

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement