Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Carrick and fellani in the middle together terrifies me, serious lacking pace through the middle of mata is there too

Don't know why lingard is still in the team he's been terrible

EDIT:

Double posts are doing my head in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Schneiderlin on the bench yet again?

Its like we refuse to learn...

MUTV have the midfield as Fellaini and Carrick.
    @ManUtd have Fellaini and Schneiderlin.
    Then changed it to Carrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

250million spent, and that is teh team we can put out. Fecking shocking. That is a poor side. Though personally I think we'd look better with 3 of the lads off the bench in the starting line up; Herrera, Schneiderlin and Memphis in for Fellaini, Carrick and Lingard. Given performance, Pereira for Mata too - more pace and trickery.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No Schnederlin always leaves me gloomy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Schneiderlan on the bench, if fit, is so silly imo.

Carrick and Fellaini makes me massively nervous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Martial will be magical tonight, lifting all our spirits.

Revv the tractor lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Martial will be magical tonight, lifting all our spirits.

Revv the tractor lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Fellaini starts for the sixth match in a row #MidfieldMaestro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

LVG out to prove Carrick and Fellaini wasn't a stupid selection vs Stoke in December... stubborn ol' goat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

TheDoc wrote: »

Schneiderlin has been crap for weeks. Carrick is still a better player imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Strange strange decision not having schneiderlin playing. Would worry about the mobility of fellaini and Carrick together.
    Hopefully we get the 3 points anyway but will be quite tough. We are just too easy to play against at home.

Van Gaal said on MUTV he is playing Carrick for his forward passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Strange strange decision not having schneiderlin playing. Would worry about the mobility of fellaini and Carrick together.
    Hopefully we get the 3 points anyway but will be quite tough. We are just too easy to play against at home.

They don't need to be mobile, they'll both just be plonked in front of the defense anyway with a massive gap in the middle of the park and Fellaini going up for set pieces. We've seen it all before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Liam O wrote: »

Sch hasn't had a great last few games but carrick has been bad the whole season so far. I'm afraid his pace is totally gone and he can't keep up with the game defensively anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

RobertKK wrote: »
    Van Gaal said on MUTV he is playing Carrick for his forward passes.

That is the reason I assumed also, Schneiderlin has been playing below his level all year and has been downright cowardly in possession. I would still like him to be in the team though from a defensive POV, Fellaini got the nod for height maybe? Lingard is the inclusion that bothers me most tbh

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

They don't need to be mobile, they'll both just be plonked in front of the defense anyway with a massive gap in the middle of the park and Fellaini going up for set pieces. We've seen it all before.

I have a feeling it will be more Carrick sitting noticeably deepest, almost like that 4141/433 we were playing last year at times. Course, that could just be wishful thinking on my part...

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Stoke playing Whelan and Afellay in center mid would be like us playing Sneiderlin and Herrera in center mid. Why do we go with the negative option when Stoke are able to play with one holding and one attacking center mid.

If Stoke are able to set up like that, then why cant we.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That is the reason I assumed also, Schneiderlin has been playing below his level all year and has been downright cowardly in possession. I would still like him to be in the team though from a defensive POV, Fellaini got the nod for height maybe? Lingard is the inclusion that bothers me most tbh

Schneiderlin and Carrick is what I was hoping for,

But I suppose Fellaini offers his physical strength to CM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Its like he is trying to get himself sacked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Schneiderlin hasn't impressed me at all lately. Was thinking during the Southampton game that he wouldn't get into their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Lingard again. I just don't think he's good enough.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Stoke playing Whelan and Afellay in center mid would be like us playing Sneiderlin and Herrera in center mid. Why do we go with the negative option when Stoke are able to play with one holding and one attacking center mid.

If Stoke are able to set up like that, then why cant we.

Options are limited for Stoke and in all fairness, its not like teams have a whole lot to fear at OT right now, two ways to play United, sit deep and break quickly while we piss about with possession - may come away with 3 points, but more likely just the 1.. Option 2, come and have a go, play quick passes and use movement to disrupt the midfield and tear us apart, more then likely taking 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

fellaini ahead of schneiderlain and herrera?? strange one

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    fellaini ahead of schneiderlain and herrera?? strange one

Mata is playing ahead of Herrera, and Carrick instead of Schneiderlin.

Fellaini is first name on the team sheet boi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

KH25 wrote: »
    Lingard again. I just don't think he's good enough.

Would be a good championship player. Indication of how limited the squad is and how little faith LVG has in Depay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

dubmick wrote: »
    Would be a good championship player. Indication of how limited the squad is and how little faith LVG has in Depay.

I know Depay hasn't set the world alight but I'm surprised that he hasn't been given a few more starts. He's looked decent when subbed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Its like he is trying to get himself sacked!

MEN saying they want him to sign a new contract because he is a genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Mata is playing ahead of Herrera, and Carrick instead of Schneiderlin.

Fellaini is first name on the team sheet boi!

we are at home to stoke. we should be going for the game early, get the crowd behind us and take the nerves away from the players. No need for both Carrick and fellaini, carrick can sit and pass from deep, give herrera or schneiderlain a bit of freedom.

anyway not happening so i hope lvg gets its correct tonight

Fell aint a DM, so it won't be two defensive midfielders anyway, though I agree obviously I would prefer Herrera in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Schneiderlin has been hugely underwhelming for Utd so far.

I think he's being judged on his Southampton reputation rather than his Utd one.

KH25 wrote: »
    I know Depay hasn't set the world alight but I'm surprised that he hasn't been given a few more starts. He's looked decent when subbed on.

Its not just that he hasn't set the world alight though, he has been muck. He has also been very culpable for a couple of goals against which obviously won't have gone down well with Louis.

I'd be inclined to give him a run in the team myself at this point ahead of Lingard but its that whole Valencia v Nani crap maybe, Lingard is less likely to leave you exposed/has better work rate?

Memphis seen as more likely to be your match winner but lazy perhaps?

I dunno, he has tracked back plenty any time I have watched him, but it hasn't stopped him making awful decisions which have cost the team

Just settling in now for the match so I will see you gentlemen on the other side, hope ye had your coffee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

adox wrote: »

I think he's being judged on his Southampton reputation rather than his Utd one.

The manager must think the same of Fellaini.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Fellani, Carrick, mata - must be the slowest midfield trio in pl history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

And not the fact that our results are so much better when he plays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Fellaini, Carrick, Lingard ugh. Doesn't inspire confidence. Might be one of those nights..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And not the fact that our results are so much better when he plays?

Yeah, this. The stats with him in the team verses when he isn't are incredibly different (though don't have them to hand at the moment...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Liam O wrote: »

Surely a joke. Schneiderlin would walk quicker than Carrick would run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Fellaini, Carrick, Lingard ugh. Doesn't inspire confidence. Might be one of those nights..

Oops. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Who are these imposters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

akelly02 wrote: »
    Surely a joke. Schneiderlin would walk quicker than Carrick would run.
    He'd probably walk quicker than Xabi Alonso too, doesn't mean I'd have him over Alonso right now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

What a f**king goal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

No really, what have the done with our team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just adore him so much

He just thrills me so much watching him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement