Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Martial. The pure joy of watching him.

Cracker of a second goal from a team perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That is a fantastic goal. Best I can think of from United in a long time. Quick forward movement, good feet from mata and rooney - great finish from Martial.

Love the lay off from rooney, the driving forward run to get the ball from mata. Thats the Rooney I like seeing.

This is a United I like seeing. This is a United display of attacking intent we have seen all too rarely; and the type of attacking play that will get the fans off LVGs back.

need to step it up again, allowing stoke too much time around our defensive third and losing the second and third balls around our box too often. Affelay getting into space around the edge too often. Carrick and Fellaini need to shore that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Where is giggs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »
    Martial. The pure joy of watching him.

Cracker of a second goal from a team perspective.

A pure joy. He is such a wondeful talent. The team needs to be built around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Martial just looks better and better. wait for another few years when he is fluent in english, more finished article and playing as a striker.... we could be paying that ballon dor fee yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

bangkok wrote: »
    Martial just looks better and better. wait for another few years when he is fluent in english, more finished article and playing at Real Madrid

Fixed that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Great first half! So much better to see some quick passing, urgency and solid tackling from the team. The players look like they are enjoying themselves so hopefully more of this to come. And what a goal by Martial!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Where is giggs?

At home controlling the team with an Xbox controller :D

A serious first half performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lost for words....

That was actually decent, have cut Stoke open a few times and two goals in a first half at OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Martial will be magical tonight, lifting all our spirits.

Revv the tractor lads.

Hop on lads.

giphy.gif

"BREAKING: Ryan Giggs has left Manchester United and is expected to become next Celtic manager in 48 hours."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

https://twitter.com/joe_co_uk/status/694621705910784001

Gotta love those lads at Joe.co.uk

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

How good is it to see a proper counter attacking goal!

Should be exhibit A in why possession football is not necessarily right for every club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

BREAKING: bangkok is not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Dat Martial tho...

1279082592656.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"BREAKING: Ryan Giggs has left Manchester United and is expected to become next Celtic manager in 48 hours."

Given the source, I won't hold my breath...
    seems to be some random guy on Twitter...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Could it be possible that LVG is finally realising that he needs to be sacrificing that lethargic 70% possession based game for a more cavalier risk taking style style??

That's the best first half of football we have played in a long long time.

In terms of going forward - the two full backs, Carrick, Mata and Rooney all stepping up their game. Rooney in particular looks hungry for it. Driving into the box when we have the ball - all too often we see him drift around the edges looking to get touches or jogging forward for the attack. Tonight he is really driving forward - the goal came from a nice lay off (to Darmian I think) and then a turn and sprint forward to join the attack - more like the Rooney we need.

Mata should have scored that headed chance, but I think he has done well in the half too. He has used the ball well, and quickly, and got himself into some great positions. Don't blame him for not scoring on the two shooting chances he had - snatched at that cross/shot effort early on though.

Martial terrifying the oppo every time he gets a run at them.

I think defensively it is has been a worry - we have been lucky a few times and on the second and third ball I'm having a fecking heart attack - but at least going forward it looks like there is a genuine effort to attack at pace when we can. A far more pleasing performance than I have seen from United in a long time.

Hopefully we keep up the pace of the game in the second half.

ah man I hope this is true

• Advertisement

In terms of going forward - the two full backs, Carrick, Mata and Rooney all stepping up their game. Rooney in particular looks hungry for it. Driving into the box when we have the ball - all too often we see him drift around the edges looking to get touches or jogging forward for the attack. Tonight he is really driving forward - the goal came from a nice lay off (to Darmian I think) and then a turn and sprint forward to join the attack - more like the Rooney we need.

Mata should have scored that headed chance, but I think he has done well in the half too. He has used the ball well, and quickly, and got himself into some great positions. Don't blame him for not scoring on the two shooting chances he had - snatched at that cross/shot effort early on though.

Martial terrifying the oppo every time he gets a run at them.

I think defensively it is has been a worry - we have been lucky a few times and on the second and third ball I'm having a fecking heart attack - but at least going forward it looks like there is a genuine effort to attack at pace when we can. A far more pleasing performance than I have seen from United in a long time.

Hopefully we keep up the pace of the game in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Hop on lads.

giphy.gif

We are gonna need a Combine Harvester at this rate!

Would be a good move for all involved. Let him have a go at an easy league and see how he does.

Does that mean he has been told that he wont be the next manager?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, the source on the Giggs story is a "freelance journalist" called Jorge Hernandez. Do you really think if the story is true that it would be him breaking it?

Hell, a quick google search says Celtic's current manager just won the Manager of the Month award....It looks like a random twitter Indykilla looking to cause a stir and get some hits...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Best I've seen United in the first half for quite some time at OT

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Would be a good move for all involved. Let him have a go at an easy league and see how he does.

Does that mean he has been told that he wont be the next manager?

yep i would say going by Dan Walkers tweet today he not getting the job

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I would be happy to see Giggs leave, he needs to manage elsewhere.

Vardy has put Leicester ahead against Liverpool.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, the source on the Giggs story is a "freelance journalist" called Jorge Hernandez. Do you really think if the story is true that it would be him breaking it?

Hell, a quick google search says Celtic's current manager just won the Manager of the Month award....It looks like a random twitter Indykilla looking to cause a stir and get some hits...

Feck you and your common sense

Lord TSC wrote: »

He writes crap on twitter, and is the person who posted Van Gaal attempted suicide before he deleted it.

But Giggs needs to manage elsewhere...

• Advertisement

Only problem is that all our rivals playing today are winning.

Who cares. All aboard the positivity tractor.

Random picture to match.
    indian-farmer-family-riding-tractor-ED1N80.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

what a goal

The battery in my tractor was flat today after the key had not been fully turned off.

But it is revving now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Petition to ban Giggs from the stadium

Beautiful goals tonight. Bout time too

Two games in a row with three goals scored by United players, can't remember the last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Louis van Guardiola let's be having ya.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Vardy has put Leicester ahead against Liverpool.

Goal of the season. Unbelievable Volley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rumour is Giggs was a horcrux and Van Gaal had to destroy him

• Advertisement

Hope Rooney keeps his form going in future games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm waiting for Scooby and the gang to run onto the pitch and unmask these impostors posing as United players.

I'm waiting for Scooby and the gang to run onto the pitch and unmask these impostors posing as United players.

Boom Boom lol

Know what ye mean though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rooney should make sure he doesn't get Colleen pregnant again. He was rubbish for the whole pregnancy and starts scoring after the baby is born!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

This ref is ****ing ****e

This ref is ****ing ****e

Least we're not for a change.

• Advertisement

WTF!!!!

How many goals is Rooney off Bobby Charltons record now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

zorro2566 wrote: »
    How many goals is Rooney off Bobby Charltons record now?

5 now I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Arsenal and Liverpool dropping points. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Some interesting stats, for all the Arsenal hype they have scored just 6 more goals than United and now gone 3 league games without scoring (2 at home)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement