Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Arsenal and Liverpool dropping points. Happy days

You have to figure that we are not catching Arsenal. Liverpool are not in the running. Would probably rather see Leicester or Spurs dropping points tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Enjoyable game for once but we are still 5 points off 4th, we need to build on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

You have to figure that we are not catching Arsenal. Liverpool are not in the running. Would probably rather see Leicester or Spurs dropping points tbh

I can't see us catching Leceister. Arsenal is surely on.

Have a look at the table. We aren't far off at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's almost spring, the evenings are starting to get longer, flowers are starting to bud, pretty soon the leaves will be reappearing on the trees and it will be bright when I walk out of the office in the evening. What a perfect time to win two f*cking games on the trot. Come on LVG, be cool. Just be cool for a minute and get the team to play good.

Thanks. xx

You're welcome people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is good to have a gap behind and be closing to others ahead.

Arsenal are there for the taking, they have forgotten how to score.

Spurs the best team currently in the top 4 and now ahead of Arsenal on GD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Arsenal & Spurs can be caught, think we have to win at Chelsea this week though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I can't see us catching Leceister. Arsenal is surely on.

Have a look at the table. We aren't far off at all

Leicester are more likely to have an injury crisis that really hurts them or for their smaller pool of quality players to start gassing. Arsenal always do top 4. If that is who we are chasing to keep out of CL football, well be watching eastenders midweek next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/IndyFootball/status/694636295184891904

Ryan Giggs misses Manchester United game at Old Trafford due to family illness

Multiple sources reporting the same.

Happy with that game. Everyone played well. Whats the Fm thing? "You played really well out there, which makes me wonder why you can't play like that every match?" :P

Martial is special. We laughed at the Ballon D'or clauses but he's well showing potential to get there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Pleasing result and performance. Hopefully a recovery is gaining momentum. Unfortunately most teams ahead won also, but 2 points gained on Arsenal so not all bad.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Happy with that game. Everyone played well. Whats the Fm thing? "You played really well out there, which makes me wonder why you can't play like that every match?" :P

LVG better not use that line. Players never respond well to that line.

*Looked to switch off*
    *Looked confused*
    *Looked to switch off*
    *Looked angry*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

For once that was nice and comfortable,

I like comfortable,

Comfortable is good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Think playing Mata central helped a lot. Enjoyed watching the game and lovely to see Rooney continue his goalscoring form. Hopefully we can narrow the gap and push on to battle for fourth.

Would love to see a good cup run too. All in all I can't see how anyone can be disappointed with the game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Think playing Mata central helped a lot. Enjoyed watching the game and lovely to see Rooney continue his goalscoring form. Hopefully we can narrow the gap and push on to battle for fourth.

Would love to see a good cup run too. All in all I can't see how anyone can be disappointed with the game today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

e.

And they ****ing hate that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The build up to Martial's goal was so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

JRant wrote: »

Thoroughly lost my **** at this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We win playing some lovely stuff, Liverpool lose and Arsenal begin their annual bottle job.

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Amazing what the early goal did,everyone wanted the ball then

Borthwick Jackson has another fine game,very steady,thought Walters would trouble him,he put in a super cross for Lingard's goal and put in another in the second half but no one gambled on getting on the end of it.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

LVG sacrificing possession for more risk taking football tonight it seems!

According to the BBC Utd only had 47% possession tonight!

15 shots, 5 on target too :)

The early goal from Lingard was a massive help and the team were able to relax into it after that. It will be interesting to see if this is how he wants to the team to play from now on.

It's amazing to see how so many of the people who have been very critical of Van Gaal have had their minds changed tonight.

I just wanted to try one of these unfounded, bullsh*t statements. It's fun, I kinda see the appeal.

It's amazing to see how so many of the people who have been very critical of Van Gaal have had their minds changed tonight.

I just wanted to try one of these unfounded, bullsh*t statements. It's fun, I kinda see the appeal.

I bit at this so hard

• Advertisement

• Homer

Please sell your season ticket

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Possible turnaround?

Highly unlikely, but was great to see all the same, and with Liverpool losing, great night.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I didn't see the match, but Stoke had more possession than Utd, and two of the goals seemed to be scored on the counter.

Anyone who did watch it - was this more of a blueprint as to how Utd should go on?

I didn't see the match, but Stoke had more possession than Utd, and two of the goals seemed to be scored on the counter.

Anyone who did watch it - was this more of a blueprint as to how Utd should go on?

Great and all as it was to watch as a United fan, Stoke were absolute gash tbf. I wouldn't be reading too much into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I've been viewing Spurs and Leicester as the most vulnerable of the top 4, but Arsenal are on a pretty shocking run too: only 2 wins from the last 7 PL games. That's sacking form unless you are Man United, where the club gives the manager time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I'm really enjoying seeing Rooney and Martial play.

They both scored and both assisted each other.

Rooney is looking sharp and is gaining confidence and goalscoring form.
    Martial is an incredibly exciting prospect and his goal today was a thing of beauty. Can't wait to see replays of it later at different angles!!!

A win against Chelsea would do wonders for the team

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Personally felt that we did well to get an early goal, which stopped Stoke being able to think about packing their box. Second goal, we caught them on the counter when they pushed too hard.

In a way, it's nothing new; LVG's United has always benefited against teams who push against us. it's how we dismantled Everton a few months ago, and is basically what the philosophy requires. The issue will always be what happens if we can't get that first goal and have to play against a parked bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Well, that was fun.

Bullet points:
    -Cameron-Borthwick Jackson = absolute baller.
    -Anthony Martial is our best player.
    -The team is clearly playing with more freedom and LVG saying otherwise is just because he hates the press now.
    -Chelsea match could define our season now.

A great night all things considered. Did a full report of the match here if anyone is interested: http://www.balls.ie/football/man-united-vs-stoke-report/323248

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Very important win to keep in touch with Arsenal and Spurs!

Next 3 -
    Chelsea (A)
    Sunderland (A)
    Arsenal (H)

CaPcg61WcAEH9ik.png

Personally felt that we did well to get an early goal, which stopped Stoke being able to think about packing their box. Second goal, we caught them on the counter when they pushed too hard.

In a way, it's nothing new; LVG's United has always benefited against teams who push against us. it's how we dismantled Everton a few months ago, and is basically what the philosophy requires. The issue will always be what happens if we can't get that first goal and have to play against a parked bus.

We pretty much swarmed them and were cutting through them time after time. It was a great first half. Fair amount of chances created and good ones too.

It's gas, wasn't it around this time last season Van Gaal sorted something out. I just wonder ;)

After the third goal things settled but that is totally fine for the team to start taking the sting out, control the game, get slower and manage it out. No issues with that considering a game this weekend after having one only a few days ago.

The FB's overlapping our wide players, was a real flashback. I think Mata might well have given himself a lifeline in terms of #10, cause he was in big trouble out wide right.

Delighted with how we played and dare I say it, delighted to see we had less than 50% possession.

Mata looked like he had a free role at times and Stoke had no idea how to handle us. IIRC I don't think they even had a shot on target.

A lot had been made about fans leaving the stadium early when we were losing match after match but I noticed 4-5 mins before the end of that game there were loads of seats empty, of course, this stuff is only pointed out when we're losing, to make everything seem worse than it is.

Onwards and upwards, first time I've posted in the forum in a while because I just couldn't do it reading some of the absolute bull (as mentioned above) that's been posted lately. Great night tonight, Always nice to see certain others drop points too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

anyone who didnt see Martial goal yet needs to see asap. One of the best team goals and finishes you will see all season. Class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Best performance in a long time. First half was as entertaining a half at OT that I've seen for months.
    Martial is a superstar and great to see Rooney's good form continuing.

Chelsea on Sunday should be interesting.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    anyone who didnt see Martial goal yet needs to see asap. One of the best team goals and finishes you will see all season. Class

https://streamable.com/ge3k

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That is what United should be doing at home normally and would see lots of praise if it happened more often.

Considering what happened in the last OT game though there is no point getting ahead of ourselves.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Best performance in a long time. First half was as entertaining a half at OT that I've seen for months.
    Martial is a superstar and great to see Rooney's good form continuing.

Chelsea on Sunday should be interesting.

Rooney was excellent. Absolutely berating the ref, thought he was unlucky to get blown up against Johnson, and he seemed to be just really influential.

Really can't think of a bad performance or even a concern from that game. Stoke weren't great, but I think we just pumped them early on and bet them into submission that they just coasted the game with no real belief.

We cant play on the counter versus teams that put 11 men behind the ball early goal made a big diff, everything was great so see tonight mainly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Giggs at the match this eve lads? Heard rumour about him takin over at Celtic in the next 48 hrs

• TheDoc wrote: »
    We pretty much swarmed them and were cutting through them time after time. It was a great first half. Fair amount of chances created and good ones too.

It's gas, wasn't it around this time last season Van Gaal sorted something out. I just wonder ;)

After the third goal things settled but that is totally fine for the team to start taking the sting out, control the game, get slower and manage it out. No issues with that considering a game this weekend after having one only a few days ago.

The FB's overlapping our wide players, was a real flashback. I think Mata might well have given himself a lifeline in terms of #10, cause he was in big trouble out wide right.

I've said this multiple times overlapping fullbacks is a huge aspect of LVGs gameplan.

That's why I'm so obssesed with pointing out the loss of Luke Shaw was bigger than everyone thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Giggs at the match this eve lads? Heard rumour about him takin over at Celtic in the next 48 hrs

Nonsense Twatter chatter.

It was a family illness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Great and all as it was to watch as a United fan, Stoke were absolute gash tbf. I wouldn't be reading too much into it.

AH come on now. You can use the same statement for any team that lose 3-0. Stoke were bad but not as bad as many of the teams we've failed to have a shot against.

It was a great performance. A young left back handled one if the most aggressive and strong players in the premier league in John Walters. Carrick was fantastic and Felliani was good too. Our passing was crisp and fast and our 2nd and 3rd goals were things of beauty.

I'm not saying it will be a catalyst for the same type of performance for the rest of the season but **** me it was good to watch.

• Just watched the goals again

That goal from Martial was just stunning

Reminds me of how Henry used to cut inside and curl them in

He has me so giddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Haha our best preformance in ages and Leicester beating the pool is just the icing on the cake.

What a stunning goal from Vardy, Leicester are 100% to get UCL football I think now, haha I can't believe I just types that. They look strong home and away.

Hell I'm even starting to believe they might just be able to win the league. They are away to City next, win that and they go six points clear and all bets are off! Haha I can't believe I typed that either. Imagine Leicester in the Nou Camp and Braca at the King Power Stadium :V

Who was that gimp in here who called them the false leaders before christmas hahahahaha :D

Oh yeah, it was me! :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement