Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

This is the one has always been regular at OT

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

"This is the one" was played as the teams were in the tunnel. It's usually on the playlist while the teams are in the tunnel, but hasn't been the main entrance theme for a while....

The Rocky fanfare has been our entrance music for the last good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

we have a disney tune in its place now......:eek::eek::eek:

Good to hear they are playing Disney songs now.

Maybe it helped the force awaken.

v3ttel wrote: »
    "This is the one" was played as the teams were in the tunnel. It's usually on the playlist while the teams are in the tunnel, but hasn't been the main entrance theme for a while....

The Rocky fanfare has been our entrance music for the last good while.

Yep

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

bangkok wrote: »
    thought that was just a one off?

Fanfare for Rocky was always the main one

ya fanfare for rocky is the main one. "this is the one" normally came on 1-2 mins before that however i aint heard it now in a long time - i think this is played a bit earlier now as opposed to right before the teams come out.

but what they have done now is add the disney tune at the end to fanfare for rocky...i hope this is only a temporary thing and its stopped immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Are people purposely calling it "the Disney tune" to make the club seem even more Mickey Mouse?

It's the 20th Century Fox opening theme tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Are people purposely calling it "the Disney tune" to make the club seem even more Mickey Mouse?

Homer was told this before but chose to ignore it and continue calling it "the Disney tune". I think it's Woodward's fault in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I prefer Disney due to Star Wars.

Manager Louis Skywalker is going to rise up and deliver after the darth period we have endured since Fergie left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jaysus, I thought by "Disney theme", we were talking about Let It Go or Friend Like Me or something :P

lol, does it actually make a differnece?
    Liam O wrote: »
    Homer was told this before but chose to ignore it and continue calling it "the Disney tune". I think it's Woodward's fault in some way.

whether its disney or 20th centuary fox, it doesnt matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jaysus, I thought by "Disney theme", we were talking about Let It Go or Friend Like Me or something :P

Mickey mouse clubhouse be perfect song for us lately :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Being on this Positivity tractor is tough work. Need to get a more comfortable seat.

That's why I thought a train was better. Ye have free WiFi as well, go for number 1or 2 and if plenty of people got on board we charge extravagant amount of money. :)

Hell we even have beer and sandwiches

whether its disney or 20th centuary fox, it doesnt matter.

It must matter if you were complaining about it homer???

That's why I thought a train was better. Ye have free WiFi as well, go for number 1or 2 and if plenty of people got on board we charge extravagant amount of money. :)

15xl8i0.jpg

I dont think the tractor looks the safest to be honest id prefer the over crowded train...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I find the Memphis situation strange given that LvG knows him so well.

lol, does it actually make a difference?

It does to me. Both may be embarrassing in regard to the selling out aspect but one is even more embarrassing both musically and for what it represents. I mean, if they replaced the Rocky theme with the theme from Fraggle Rock would it make a difference?

• That's why I thought a train was better. Ye have free WiFi as well, go for number 1or 2 and if plenty of people got on board we charge extravagant amount of money. :)

Tractors great craic

Here's a rough draft because I have been very bored in the office today

SCx4uHu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tractors great craic

Here's a rough draft because I have been very bored in the office today

SCx4uHu.jpg

Rising dust and its a Fendt as well :D

I hope after the Chelsea game the tractor doesn't look like this

old-rusty-tractor-lisa-moore.jpg

I have stated my concerns about the Liverpool effect repeatedly and its a very real concern in my opinion, and I do think that at this point we need to look short term and appoint Mourinho.

One point though, the club and fans need to accept that no matter who we appoint they could be a "trial and error" candidate. There are so many variables that its a fools game trying to predict who will be a guaranteed success, only Mourinho can claim to be a sure thing, all of the rest will be risks. I could easily see Guardiola failing at United, just as I could see Pochettino succeeding, in management its so hard to tell until they are in the door.

I'm a bit late to reply, but just wanted to mention that I feel Mourinho is as close to a sure thing as is out there. Sure, he might have a scrap on the touchline, he might blame the ref in an interview for Phil Jones running into a goalpost and injuring himself, but the chances of him stopping the current rot and march into mediocrity are higher than any other manager available can offer. As I said in my previous post, I've come to find him an unsavoury character of sorts but that is small potatoes compared to watching United move further and further into decline.
    So the important thing is not necessarily who we appoint next, the important thing is that the club has the wherewithall and decisiveness to actually make a bloody decision. The worst thing we are doing is sticking with a man who has clearly failed, just as with Moyes we are sticking with Van Gaal long past the point where he should have gone and it is killing us long term. Had we acted before christmas this season could easily have been salvaged but the longer it drags on the more likely we handicap ourselves for the seasons to come.
    It was frustrating to see the team go through that December run of results and the club still refuse to make managerial changes. Rather than having 100% faith that LVG could still find his way, I feel that the club were basically unsure of what to do next. We got the feeling of that with Moyes - United put all of their eggs in that basket and I still maintain that Moyes having that abysmal first season never entered the minds and therefore planning of the Old Trafford execs, and come January-April 2014 when the ship was going down, they had no clue what to do and that is why they saw it through to as late as possible with Moyes.

I get the feeling now that LVG + £250m = some sure form of success in Woodward's head, and the position the club found themselves in a month ago was not a possibility in Woodward's mind. Once we found ourselves there, again, the club was unsure how to act, again, apart from "We don't want Mourinho" and chose to ride it out with the current manager in the hope that things would get better. What other 'top' club in world football would take such a chance?

Anyway, getting back to your point about decisiveness and the action being more important than the decision. If I'm picking you up right, you are at the point where you feel maybe the kit-man would do a better job than the current manager, and therefore a decision should have been made to just get LVG out? "Do that first, we'll worry about the 'who' once this action has been taken". In this case, apart from Mourinho coming in, I don't think the 'who' is less important than the decision to remove him. But I'm not at the point where I feel that almost anyone could do a better job, not yet. I do feel our next appointment is vital and needs to be if not Mourinho, Ancelloti (as unlikely as that is). Removal of LVG at Christmas and the appointment of Giggs until the end of the season, for example, was not something I would have liked to see.

It is worrying though and goes back to my 'Manchester United would never be allowed do a Liverpool' thought from yesterday. The club had some dark fúcking days in December gone, and the last 18 months haven't exactly been a Summer's day, you'd wonder what it would take for the board to take action and attempt to cease what is an evident decline, and not just a blip.

It does to me. Both may be embarrassing in regard to the selling out aspect but one is even more embarrassing both musically and for what it represents. I mean, if they replaced the Rocky theme with the theme from Fraggle Rock would it make a difference?

fair enough, i understand where you are coming from.

your point in bold is what i was referring to. hopefully it was only a temporary thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Are people really concerned with what music plays when the team comes out?

Really???

:confused:

Some people really do just need any excuse to piss and moan.

Really???

and here you pissing and moaning about other peoples "concerns". :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ah here lads, nobody has pissed yet.

Wait a second... M!Ck^ why is the crotchular region of your jeans a darker shade than the rest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Really???

I rather hear Gay Bar by electric six

Is giggs gone to celtic yet?

• I thinks that matchmaking app is ****ed, considering it think me and Lord TSC are a match :P

A2vYgdd.png

I'm late to the party but just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed watching that Manchester United home match last night - so nice to able to say those words once again. I'm a bit dejected with this club lately, so much needed and appreciated that match.

The performance last night is an example of how the team should be playing regularly after 18 months with the new manager and £250m in squad investment. It should be par for the course and not some rare shining light that binds us all in positivity and sends us to Google Images in search of 'tractors with lots of people on board'. But, the images are welcome and amusing!

Martial is destined to be a star, hope they treat him right at Madrid/Barca when the time comes :( Until then, I honestly believe that he can do anything for us with the ball at his feet. Every time the boy runs at a defence I get giddy and brace myself to see something special. His goal last night, after some good hard work from his team-mates, was no tap-in or easy finish. Hit with perfection, it left 2 Stoke defenders and their keeper flat-footed. He scores with his head, he poaches, he runs through defences and glides the ball past keepers, now he hits top-corner screamers with sublime composure and execution. Only 20 years old, ffs.

There are some who maintain Rooney hadn't a problem in the first place, as there are some who maintain he still has problems, but for me we are seeing a very different Wayne Rooney than from earlier in the season. His goal-scoring is only the half of it. His movement, running and passing have all become sharper and I can see more desire from him to get on the ball now. An undroppable player IMO at this moment.

Overall I can't really fault the team or manager's performance last night. Yeah there were individual errors here and there, every team will have that in every game though. Stoke were not great and maybe the early goal rattled them, but far worse teams than Stoke have been making us lucky to get a draw with them as of late, so 'It was only Stoke' can't really be applied here. Yes, I curse the fact that my mind is now conditioned to accepting a comprehensive home win against Stoke as a promising sign, but that's where we currently are.

Two thoughts not related to the match;

- Antonio Valencia, remember that guy??

- Leicester City, I am no longer setting a limit for their season's fortunes. 14 games to go and they're not only in the Top 4, but 3 points out in front. If we somehow take a spot in the Top 4, I really don't think it will be Leicester's.

I thinks that matchmaking app is ****ed, considering it think me and Lord TSC are a match :P

A2vYgdd.png

Yermandan donno how He filled out a compatibility form he was too busy thanking posts ;)

I thinks that matchmaking app is ****ed, considering it think me and Lord TSC are a match :P

A2vYgdd.png

f720d163eff3275545171391f277b03a

TSC features at the top of my list also, hussey

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ours is a complicated relationship. One that playwrights would concoct :P

I think I just tend to be a Thanks Whore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So you can choose only 1 of the following, which would it be?

1. Leicester to win the league

2. Us to finish in the Top 4

I'd go with Leicester winning the league all day long

scudzilla wrote: »

Leicester to win the league and us to win the Europa and FA cup maybe, other then that no, **** them we need CL qualification

What the fuk? I'd love to see them do it too but not if it was a choice between two

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

What a bizarre statement. Poor old Gary Neville could be getting the road at Valencia, 3-0 down to barca at half time in copa semi final, could get very ugly.Hope the board are taking notice and don't let giggs anywhere near the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

GavRedKing x10
    dfx- x8
    IvyTheTerrible x7
    yermandan x7
    Pro F. x6
    Whatsisname x6
    DasKitty x5
    MikeyT086 x5
    LenaClaire x5
    blue wolf x5

All of your thanking is paying of yermandan. You're in a load of lists!

• Advertisement

Sluts

Untitled_87254cc8171f67087d15_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

GavRedKing x10
    dfx- x8
    IvyTheTerrible x7
    yermandan x7
    Pro F. x6
    Whatsisname x6
    DasKitty x5
    MikeyT086 x5
    LenaClaire x5
    blue wolf x5

All of your thanking is paying of yermandan. You're in a load of lists!

I'm going off MotD but Rooney looked like a different player to what he'd been over the course of the season so far.

Martial is going to light it up next season imo, has a good Premier League season under his belt and I think he'll get 25 goals next year.

I'm going off MotD but Rooney looked like a different player to what he'd been over the course of the season so far.

Martial is going to light it up next season imo, has a good Premier League season under his belt and I think he'll get 25 goals next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Username Compatibility
    yermandan 10
    westernfrenzy 7
    Whatsisname 4
    beno619 4
    massdebater 4
    One eyed Jack 4
    Lyrical 4
    eisenberg1 3
    Medusa22 3
    Rosie Rant 3
    Captain Chaos 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Username Compatibility
    yermandan 10
    westernfrenzy 7
    Whatsisname 4
    beno619 4
    massdebater 4
    One eyed Jack 4
    Lyrical 4
    eisenberg1 3
    Medusa22 3
    Rosie Rant 3
    Captain Chaos 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Username Compatibility
    Lord TSC x10
    zerks x8
    yermandan x7
    Bootup x7
    Maximus Alexander x7
    Whatsisname x7
    Capt'n Midnight x7
    Corvus Maximus x6
    The_Kew_Tour x6
    Ballyv24 x6
    adox x5

Jaysus Lord TSC top of most of the lists, lotta love to give around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Username Compatibility
    yermandan
    Whatsisname
    Lord TSC
    The_Kew_Tour
    ericzeking
    Pro. F
    beno619
    adox
    astradave
    Vic Vinegar
    sigmundv

Yeah I can see me and Pro.F having a perfectly happy home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Username Compatibility
    yermandan
    Whatsisname
    Lord TSC
    The_Kew_Tour
    ericzeking
    Pro. F
    beno619
    adox
    astradave
    Vic Vinegar
    sigmundv

Yeah I can see me and Pro.F having a perfectly happy home :D

I think myself and bangkok are black sheep haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    Lord TSC 10
    yermandan 7
    jayo26 5
    RobertKK 5
    zerks 4
    astradave 4
    beno619 4
    M!Ck^ 4
    Lyrical 3
    Roquentin 3
    Cookie_Dough 3

Never even heard of a few of them

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    Lord TSC 10
    yermandan 7
    jayo26 5
    RobertKK 5
    zerks 4
    astradave 4
    beno619 4
    M!Ck^ 4
    Lyrical 3
    Roquentin 3
    Cookie_Dough 3

Never even heard of a few of them

Wehey how you dooooiiinnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

jayo26 wrote: »
    Wehey how you dooooiiinnnn

choose.jpg

I think TSC has abused his moderator privileges to rig the app to find himself a date.

bhn4g7.png

• After looking at some of that match on stream, Chelsea are there for the taking IMO

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement