Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/AAlciato/status/694966172744290304?s=09

Alessandro Alciato: "@SkySport Mourinho-Manchester United: deal close. A derby with Guardiola's city!"

Guy seems to be at least somewhat legit; there's pictures of him having a meeting with Jorge Mendes last month. Implication seems to be that it's a move for him in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

yermandan x10
    Lord TSC x7
    Go Harvey Go x6
    grey so what x4
    The Kew Tour x4
    Farmer Ed x4
    Welsh Megaman x 4
    Zerk x4
    rangler1 x3
    astradave x 3
    Mick^ x3

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    After looking at some of that match on stream, Chelsea are there for the taking IMO

..and it was said on BT sports they are better away than at home. But Hiddink only has lost one as Chelsea manager.

• Lord TSC wrote: »

Alessandro Alciato: "@SkySport Mourinho-Manchester United: deal close. A derby with Guardiola's city!"

Guy seems to be at least somewhat legit; there's pictures of him having a meeting with Jorge Mendes last month. Implication seems to be that it's a move for him in the summer.

Is that twitter account legit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Has the blue icon to say it is anyway mick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »

The Sky Sports that he is tweeting is Sky Italia who are spoofers, who knows about his sources tbf. Sports witness are checking it out and are gonna have something up soon about it

Edit: They have it up a while: oops

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/journalist-who-claims-mourinho-to-man-united-close-spoke-to-mende

This sticks out:
    Following Manchester United's superb performance against Stoke City, it would be no surprise if someone who wanted Mourinho at Old Trafford also wanted the story back in the media, rather than a positive Van Gaal slant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

followed by two of the most reliable journalists in Italy - the one who broke Darmian and Romero first last summer for instance.

so appears like he is legit alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think Mourinho would be great at United

Really hope it happens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

What a bizarre statement. Poor old Gary Neville could be getting the road at Valencia, 3-0 down to barca at half time in copa semi final, could get very ugly.Hope the board are taking notice and don't let giggs anywhere near the job.
    7-0 , yikes. Surely he can't last there much longer.

• Advertisement

• I think Mourinho would be great at United

Really hope it happens

Here is my predictions;

It looks likely your wish will come true that it will happen. But not until the summer.

I actually think it's been a good move from Woodward to leave LVG where he is. Last thing we needed is disruption mid season. Giggs as caretaker...we were ****ed if that happened.

We will pick up form and we will finish top four. Rooney is key to this.

Mourihnio will come in at end of the season and be given the finacial backing to add to the squad in the summer. I don't see any of the current squad being let go as LVG did the nasty work of getting rid of the deadwood.

And I can see fans looking back and thinking LVG came in and did some ground work that was needed to be done since the end of the fergie era.

But until all that happens I'm behind the team regardless with the tractor wheel firmly gripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

I think Mourinho would be great at United

Really hope it happens

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Garzorico wrote: »

ozL1p6Q.gif

Garzorico wrote: »

I think other teams should and will be afraid of a well backed Mourinho in his dream job

7-0 , yikes. Surely he can't last there much longer.

I hope the United fans who want Giggs as our manager are watching, it is fine to have all the talk, but it is another story when it come to the application part of what you want, and there are a section of United fans who want Giggs.

I would love to hear Giggs is leaving United to manage elsewhere rather than the possibility he is let experiment on United.

Gary Neville should be an eye opener for anyone in power in United who think Giggs is a viable option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Neville took on a hell of a job, mid season, totally out of his comfort zone. I think he could be a good manager you know, this experience will do him well. They had been playing a little better before tonight, though the Valencia fans are not known for their patience which is why the last manager was booted out. They made there mistake a couple of sackings ago really but as far as Gary Nev goes I hope he isn't too discouraged by how this is turning out. He clearly has a very good understanding of the game and he should have taken this as a shot to nothing and used it as experience for his future.

Giggs shouldn't be in the frame for the United job, regardless of what Neville does.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

stankratz wrote: »
    Anyway, getting back to your point about decisiveness and the action being more important than the decision. If I'm picking you up right, you are at the point where you feel maybe the kit-man would do a better job than the current manager, and therefore a decision should have been made to just get LVG out? "Do that first, we'll worry about the 'who' once this action has been taken".

No, not at all. I think the phrase I used recently was "due diligence", as in Woodward needs to properly look at and assess all the available options and managerial prospects out there, not just pick a name out of a hat.

But I do think that over a certain level of competence it does become a crapshoot with regards to success or failure. The late goal that nabs a lucky win that gives momentum that leads to further wins that breeds confidence and then ends in success. But maybe that goal doesn't go in, and heads drop and confidence falls and games are lost and in the end the exact same manager is called rubbish and gets sacked.

Moyes for example, had a few select things went his way he could easily still be in the job, but they didn't and eventually he is gone. Klopp was called by many one of the elite managers in the game, it is early days but he isn't looking so elite right now. He could turn that all around, or he might not and end up another Brendan Rodgers. Who knows, but either way, does that make him any worse a manager than he was 6 months ago?

I don't say put the kitman in charge, there does need to be a minimum standard. But when you are talking the likes of Klopp, Pochettino, Simone, Pellegrini and others of that standard, any of them could succeed and any of them could fail, and it makes little sense tying yourself in knots trying to predict which it might be.

With the Euros on, if there is any truth to the Mourinho rumours surely you get him in before the summer to let him get a feel for the squad otherwise we'll be leaving it late again to assess the squad and transfers and I'm sure Mourinho would be looking for 3 or 4 players for the first 11 alone

If we want Mourinho it doesn't really make sense keeping Van Gaal, makes me think it's not going to happen

Mourinho would be very well versed on the current squad. His scouting and tactical analysis of opponents is second to none

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

Mourinho would be very well versed on the current squad. His scouting and tactical analysis of opponents is second to none

He's was very well versed on the Chelsea squad.... and his tactical analysis of opponents was second to none....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

RobertKK wrote: »
    I hope the United fans who want Giggs as our manager are watching, it is fine to have all the talk, but it is another story when it come to the application part of what you want, and there are a section of United fans who want Giggs.

I would love to hear Giggs is leaving United to manage elsewhere rather than the possibility he is let experiment on United.

Gary Neville should be an eye opener for anyone in power in United who think Giggs is a viable option.

I'm not saying that Giggs would be a good manager for Man Utd but, just because Gary Neville is having a stinker at Valencia doesn't mean that Giggs would be the same at Man Utd. Why is it relevant what Neville is doing? They aren't the same people.

secman wrote: »
    He's was very well versed on the Chelsea squad.... and his tactical analysis of opponents was second to none....

I'm not sure what point you think you're making?

You're hardly that naive! I merely reiterated your comments and applied them to his job at Chelsea this season... both of your views applied there too..... No ?

Think he is trying to say he ****ed up at Chelsea with same abilities.

I wouldnt be too worried about this season at Chelsea I think he stepped on someone's toes and the Squad didnt like it.

The senior players in Chelsea squad are like parasites when the manager isn't what they want.

Van Gaal was supposedly the same yet his first transfer window wasn't stellar

You're hardly that naive! I merely reiterated your comments and applied them to his job at Chelsea this season... both of your views applied there too..... No ?

No you are commenting on how he performed as a manager this season I assume, which has nothing to do with how much time he might need to know who he likes in the United squad and what areas he would like to improve upon.

Rayne says its better to get him in early so he can assess the squad/transfers, my comment suggests that he won't need much time since he likely has a very good understanding of the squad already.

How he did as Chelsea manager, in his third season back, has no relevance to that whatsoever, so again, I'm still not sure what point you think you made.... or maybe, its simply that I am struggling to find the relevance of it,

To answer you sure, yes Jose was well versed with his Chelsea squad (be hard not to in your third year) and his tactical analysis and preparation is second to none. You are correct in both your assessments.

Van Gaal was supposedly the same yet his first transfer window wasn't stellar

Different though in that Van Gaal was managing a team in the Euro's so was occupied personally until he took over, he also had not managed in the league or with a team who had played United for quite some time so would be very unlikely to possess the same level of knowledge on the ins and outs of the squad in the same way someone like Mourinho would.

I would also point out, his first window saw Shaw, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria, Falcao etc join the club, none of which were unwelcome at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Different though in that Van Gaal was managing a team in the Euro's so was occupied personally until he took over, he also had not managed in the league or with a team who had played United for quite some time so would be very unlikely to possess the same level of knowledge on the ins and outs of the squad in the same way someone like Mourinho would.

I'd say LVG's lack of squad knowledge coming in was one of the major negative aspects of his arrival that was overlooked.

To answer you sure, yes Jose was well versed with his Chelsea squad (be hard not to in your third year) and his tactical analysis and preparation is second to none. You are correct in both your assessments.[/quote]

Thanks

I would also point out, his first window saw Shaw, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria, Falcao etc join the club, none of which were unwelcome at the time

I get your point that mourinho might not need much time but why would you restrict your manager like that instead of giving as much time as possible. If it has been decided Van Gaal is going and Mourinho next up I bet Mourinho would love a crack at the league for these last couple of months

Reckon there is no truth to the rumours and the next manager is either Giggs or a manager currently in a job so can't come now.

• Advertisement

To answer you sure, yes Jose was well versed with his Chelsea squad (be hard not to in your third year) and his tactical analysis and preparation is second to none. You are correct in both your assessments.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

No problem, can you tell me why you think that's relevant to whether he would need a lot of time or not to figure out who he wants to stay or go and who he would add to the United squad?

I get your point that mourinho might not need much time but why would you restrict your manager like that instead of giving as much time as possible. If it has been decided Van Gaal is going and Mourinho next up I bet Mourinho would love a crack at the league for these last couple of months

Reckon there is no truth to the rumours and the next manager is either Giggs or a manager currently in a job so can't come now.

I have a feeling he is not allowed manage in the league again this season as part of his chelsea termination or something like that it would explain it and is very plausible.

The harsh truth may very well be that the current manager will be kept on for his final year if the club makes the CL, Mourinho is just not wanted at United by higher ups with influence it seems. I think if he was going to get the job it would have been either when Fergie went, or at the very least when he was sacked from Chelsea and we had that absolute horror run. The only saving grace for the theory he may be in with a shout is that it is possible he signed the football equivalent of a non compete form when as part of his severance package and would be unable to take the position until the summer.

From Bobby Charlton's comments on him though I just don't see him becoming the manager, I also don't see it being Giggs for the record!

I don't think it has been decided that Van Gaal is going, I don't think he is one to hang around if that decision had been made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm gonna call it now and say we will win on Sunday.

No I'm not drunk, and I'll be driving that tractor Sunday night :pac:

I'm gonna call it now and say we will win on Sunday.

No I'm not drunk, and I'll be driving that tractor Sunday night :pac:

Depends on Chelsea, and how Hazard plays. If they are set up defensively (which they will be) they will be hard to break down and have the capability to hurt us on the counter.

If they come to play I think we could tear them apart right now actually (well, you know what I mean!), they are really there for the taking right now.

I'm not saying that Giggs would be a good manager for Man Utd but, just because Gary Neville is having a stinker at Valencia doesn't mean that Giggs would be the same at Man Utd. Why is it relevant what Neville is doing? They aren't the same people.

No but it is like going to a roulette table and betting on red, when it could as easily be black.
    United can't afford to be going to the casino to gamble on an unproven manager.

Poor Gary can't even look his family in the face after that Barcelona game.

https://twitter.com/theawayfans/status/695024709738614784

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Is that quote real? Seems a little too perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

6pol6s.png

I don't post in here loads but follow the tread most of the time, I'm guessing that's why so many of ye have shown up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Is that quote real? Seems a little too perfect.

I'm just enjoying the image of the two Neville brothers having to sit with their backs to one another whilst they do their post match analysis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Username Compatibility

Pro. F X 10
    Whatsisname X 6
    beno619 X 6
    yermandan X 6
    The_Kew_Tour X 5
    Blatter X 5
    sigmundv X 4
    Lord TSC X 4
    astradave X 4
    v3ttel X 4
    adox X 3

:D

Thanks

No problem, can you tell me why you think that's relevant to whether he would need a lot of time or not to figure out who he wants to stay or go and who he would add to the United squad?[/quote]

I'm going to get off this circle now... it's as relevant as the point you were making... there are no absolutes with an appointment of a manager only aspirations. No guarantee that the "Messiah " would be successful .. look I like many many others wouldn't like to see him at United, whereas you and many many others would . It would therefore at the off be a divisive appointment, probably why it hasn't been made by the hierarchy at United.

Anyways onwards and upwards this weekend, hopefully ! See a quote from Lindegard that they were allowed to express themselves more in the last couple of games. Hopefully the confidence factor continues and that the defence holds up !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

The second Italian journalist has the Jose story now also....

Not saying it's true, but somebody has told them this. I just wonder though, is it not very convenient that it's coming 3 days after Pep was announced and maybe it's just a brief to keep fans quiet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I'm late to the party but love ya Lord TSC & astradave ;)

Username. Compatibility
    Lord TSC x10
    astradave x10
    homerjay2005 x9
    Maximus Alexander x8
    adox x8
    RobertKK x7
    JP Liz V1 x7
    zerks. x7
    TheDoc x6
    coolhull x6
    J. Marston x6

On another note, I really really enjoyed the game the other night, couldn't believe how fast we were moving the ball FORWARD and with purpose. Rooney was great as was Martial. Mata played very well as #10. Hopefully we can keep it up for Chelsea on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

The second Italian journalist has the Jose story now also....

Not saying it's true, but somebody has told them this. I just wonder though, is it not very convenient that it's coming 3 days after Pep was announced and maybe it's just a brief to keep fans quiet?

I find it odd that if the club were bringing Jose in next season anyway then why not appoint him over Christmas period when we were (most) dire? Are we to believe Utd only approached Jose the other day or whenever MEN were reporting Woodward "decided " to get rid of LvG.

Still don't know if I would like Jose though I would take anyone over Giggs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mars Bar wrote: »
    GavRedKing x10
    dfx- x8
    IvyTheTerrible x7
    yermandan x7
    Pro F. x6
    Whatsisname x6
    DasKitty x5
    MikeyT086 x5
    LenaClaire x5
    blue wolf x5

All of your thanking is paying of yermandan. You're in a load of lists!

Mars Bar ye durty hussy having it of with Gav (and he a bloody Chelsea supporter).
    We need to be thanking your posts more. maybe you should put more snaps up to cheer us all up in your jersey. We'll make sure it gets pushed to post of the day this time...

• Advertisement

I'm late to the party too
    yermandan * 10
    The_Kew_Tour * 9
    MagicIrl * 5
    LordTSC * 5
    astradave * 4
    Adamcovic *4
    jayo26 * 4
    Whatisname * 3
    sigmunduv * 3
    Maximus Alexander * 3
    Gowlasaurus Rex * 3

all I want to know is where's bangkok... That's upset me...

I'm late to the party too
    yermandan * 10
    The_Kew_Tour * 9
    MagicIrl * 5
    LordTSC * 5
    astradave * 4
    Adamcovic *4
    jayo26 * 4
    Whatisname * 3
    sigmunduv * 3
    Maximus Alexander * 3
    Gowlasaurus Rex * 3

all I want to know is where's bangkok... That's upset me...

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think myself and bangkok are black sheep haha

Jayo its ok, you made my list old buddy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    yermandan 10
    Lord TSC 8
    astradave 8
    M!Ck^ 8
    Bob24 8
    Schadenfreudia 7
    RobertKK 6
    BoJack Horseman 6
    Sand 6
    Nib 5
    Whatsisname 5

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where'd Ye check the love app?

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

If I'm not on this list (cos I'm on no one elses) there's going to be trouble :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement